Operative Healing

Diachi

So far from healing Ranked PvP and HM ToS/Ravagers I encountered the following:

PvE

1. Our 6 piece set bonus sucks (1 Second off Kolto Wave). I'd encourage players to keep their 2 piece 186 for healing purposes.
  2. Kolto Wave: It's terribad with less than 4 players. 5 is meh. 6 is preferable. It makes me cry when I see Operatives wasting two GCDs healing 2-3 people with it.
  3. Healing is relatively the same from 2.0. But you just have to work a little harder to keep players up and insert infusion into your rotation (which should have been in 2.0 in the first place).
  4. Our DPS capabilities are suckish at best. Losing Orbital was probably one of our biggest loses in DPS potential since it doesn't require a complete channel to attack full duration. And most of our non-channeled attacks are now melee.
  5. There are no healing utilities unlike the other 2 healers. Even if they offered Diagnostic Scan on the move, it'll be another utility I won't take.

Overall PvE Operatives can still be competitive, it's just how well can you play your class to keep the edge up from other healers.

Ranked PvP

1. IMO, Operatives and Sorc healers are neck and neck. However, Sorcs have better utilities than operative healers and it depends on which composition you're against in which one will prevail over another.
  2. Kolto Wave: Take it off your bars and then when you ask why, refer to the PvE reasoning.
  3. Bolster the 2.0 set bonus. Cause Kolto Wave is probably the worst heal for Operatives in Arenas.
  4. It's more difficult to pull our burst DPS since Explosive Probe is gone. As well as overall damage in increased so we spend more time healing.

Overall, Operative healers in PvP will be somewhat the same in 2.0. Just raw healing decrease and more of a focus on healing.

In conclusion, I still believe Operatives will perform very well in PvE and PvP. However, the skill at playing the class increased in 3.0 and that's where I see a lot of players will fall and switch to the" easier" class to heal. What do y'all think? I'm interested to hear you you guys have to say. :jawa_smile:

So far from healing Ranked PvP and HM ToS/Ravagers I encountered the following:

PvE

[*}Kolto Wave: It's terribad with less than 4 players. 5 is meh. 6 is preferable. It makes me cry when I see Operatives wasting two GCDs healing 2-3 people with it.

Disagree on this. Recuperative was silly aoe heal pre-3.0 and now you have more than decent AoE heal. Nothing to nag about here. Combine them and with 2pc set from old gear you have 15% buff on RN and very decent AoE. Anything that heals 3 people at the same time is hardly a waste. Yes, maybe you can top them with probes, maybe you want to keep probes for tank to refresh HoT and top him. Will you pull big numbers with healing only 3 instead of 6 people? No. Will people die because you couldn't decide what to use and opted for AoE? No. Any raid where people don't die due the lack of healing is successful raid for me.

[*]Healing is relatively the same from 2.0. But you just have to work a little harder to keep players up and insert infusion into your rotation (which should have been in 2.0 in the first place).

I have been using Infusion since day one, since that half a second comparing to Injection is difference between tank dying or not, regardless what almost every instruction I had about Infusion so far. Still using it on regular basis after Injection and then topping resources with "silly" Diagnostic scan (which was hardly silly since pre 3.0 it critted a lot, thus restoring more resources and so on)

[*]There are no healing utilities unlike the other 2 healers. Even if they offered Diagnostic Scan on the move, it'll be another utility I won't take.

I would take diagnostic scan on the move any day given any time. Its crap filler, but with free way of restoring energy after burst phases e.g. walkers in ToS or Shroom boss, restoring energy while running back to stack up is a bonus in my book.

And to be quite honest, after healing ToS Shroom boss and pulling 4600hps (old gear, few enhancements/mods 186 and 2pc old set bonus), I can hardly notice that they nerfed it (apart from DPS which I do think was too harsh and too much). Not mobile much, but with buffs on shield you can stand there for tick or two casting your stuff and not losing too much health.

Utilities wise they are crap, hands down especially compared to new sorc bubble.

Edited by SettGirkkurn

Disagree on this. Recuperative was silly aoe heal pre-3.0 and now you have more than decent AoE heal. Nothing to nag about here. Combine them and with 2pc set from old gear you have 15% buff on RN and very decent AoE. Anything that heals 3 people at the same time is hardly a waste. Yes, maybe you can top them with probes, maybe you want to keep probes for tank to refresh HoT and top him. Will you pull big numbers with healing only 3 instead of 6 people? No. Will people die because you couldn't decide what to use and opted for AoE? No. Any raid where people don't die due the lack of healing is successful raid for me.

At the moment my opinion about KOLTO WAVE is:

2 -> very bad

3 -> bad

4 -> Average

5 -> Ok/Good

>5 -> Nice!

BiS bonus is obvious atm: 4 Pieces of new bonus and 2 Pieces of old dread master bonus

I have been using Infusion since day one, since that half a second comparing to Injection is difference between tank dying or not, regardless what almost every instruction I had about Infusion so far. Still using it on regular basis after Injection and then topping resources with "silly" Diagnostic scan (which was hardly silly since pre 3.0 it critted a lot, thus restoring more resources and so on)

You comparing 2 abilities that are very different. Kolto Pack has to be used as a hot, Underworld Medicine has to be used as a big burst health recover. If you fear a tank is gonna die you will try first to put him outside death risk. Infusion even if its 0,5 sec faster than injection is not your best option there never will be, your options are EM/SP or UM/Injection. The thing here is: You have time for a big cast? or you will need first emergency medpac and then check again?

I would take diagnostic scan on the move any day given any time. Its crap filler, but with free way of restoring energy after burst phases e.g. walkers in ToS or Shroom boss, restoring energy while running back to stack up is a bonus in my book.

And to be quite honest, after healing ToS Shroom boss and pulling 4600hps (old gear, few enhancements/mods 186 and 2pc old set bonus), I can hardly notice that they nerfed it (apart from DPS which I do think was too harsh and too much). Not mobile much, but with buffs on shield you can stand there for tick or two casting your stuff and not losing too much health.

Utilities wise they are crap, hands down especially compared to new sorc bubble.

At the moment unless i find a fight where it would shine a lot more than i expect i would NOT take dscan on the move. HPS doesnt mean your healer is doing well AND Pulling HPS numbers as scoundrel heals is a joke (easy).

All in all, i like a lot the new scoundrel and im having lots of fun with it.

The worst thing we have is our dps as a healer. Its really bad

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir

At the moment my opinion about KOLTO WAVE is:

2 -> very bad

3 -> bad

4 -> Average

5 -> Ok/Good

>5 -> Nice!

In exactly how many fights you will have all the raid stacked in a way that healing 5 people at the same time is "OK" and 5+ "Nice"? Unless you are doing 16m raids all the time, chances that you will benefit "OK" from AoE heal are very slim.

Saying that its "wasted" heal is why I said that. Not used at its full potential yes.

You comparing 2 abilities that are very different. Kolto Pack has to be used as a hot, Underworld Medicine has to be used as a big burst health recover. If you fear a tank is gonna die you will try first to put him outside death risk. Infusion even if its 0,5 sec faster than injection is not your best option there never will be, your options are EM/SP or UM/Injection. The thing here is: You have time for a big cast? or you will need first emergency medpac and then check again?

Im not comparing anything. Just saying that I have been using infusion even that I have been told that I'm noob for using it numerous times. More like "regular rotation" even tho I don't believe there is such thing on operative healer

No, I will not use it to keep the tank alive, as its simply 1,5 sec, which is probably 1,5 second slower than instant cast. If I have to choose to fire Injection or Infusion on member that is in trouble assuming I dont have probes active, Ill take 0.5sec faster ability. My preference ofc...

At the moment unless i find a fight where it would shine a lot more than i expect i would NOT take dscan on the move. HPS doesnt mean your healer is doing well AND Pulling HPS numbers as scoundrel heals is a joke (easy).

HPS is there simply because of the posts where people are ranting about Operative nerf for no reason whatsoever such as this one. However, that fight and that HPS was about 80% effective healing (Underlurker). Im playing on not that competitive The Progenitor, no idea what are you consider as good healing on The Red Eclipse, but here I still haven't been told that I'm a bad healer. (actually I did once when the guy in FP told me that I should learn what is main stat and not to stack endurance, while being in fully 180 Min/Maxed and augmented gear)

In general, Operative healing was not nerfed at all in my opinion. Same goes for healing preferences and play style when it comes to healing.

Edited by SettGirkkurn

Im not comparing anything. Just saying that I have been using infusion even that I have been told that I'm noob for using it numerous times. More like "regular rotation" even tho I don't believe there is such thing on operative healer

No, I will not use it to keep the tank alive, as its simply 1,5 sec, which is probably 1,5 second slower than instant cast. If I have to choose to fire Injection or Infusion on member that is in trouble assuming I dont have probes active, Ill take 0.5sec faster ability. My preference ofc...

You didnt get my point. When a tank is at risk to die you dont choice between Infusion and Injection, you choice between surgical Probe and Kolto injection.

Why? Basically because Infusion is a 80% HOT. It means that until 8 sec you dont get the full of this ability and it heals for less? than surgical probe at the start with a 1,5 sec delay.

So the tank will be at risk to die for the first 1,5 sec and then for the next ability window.

When a tank is about to die you go for either:

- Fast insta heal if you think he is gonna die at any moment

- Larger delay but BIG instant heal that will give you time to hot him with probes-infusion whatever you want after that.

I can only speak from the perspective of PVP here, since I quite literally do no PVE.

But overall, I have to disagree with you on the Kolto Waves hate - at least somewhat.

I've found Kolto Waves useful in certain situations such as recuperating from pressure comps (double madness, pyro DoT spread, etc.) Even in Ranked 4's, where arguably it doesn't have a whole lot of use, it ticks much harder than Recuperative Nanotech (2.5k+) and I'm not even in min-maxed gear yet. I wouldn't use it on one or two people, obviously. They need to be clumped up; and often times they can be in the heat of a fight. When you and your entire team is starting to fall behind on healing (due to being CC'd, etc.) - it's the best way to make sure your entire team is back at full within seconds. Just make sure Probes are up on all the targets so you're not losing HPS. As for Regs, it's ridiculous - everyone is usually clumped by objectives so keklol enjoy 4k+ HPS every match.

That aside I do agree with our (6) piece being useless. Shaving 1 second off is nothing, and there isn't a scenario I've encountered where I need to use Kolto Waves on CD. Bolstering the 2.0 Recuperative Nanotech set bonus is an interesting possibility, but I'd have to do the math to see how much raw stats we'd lose in place of a 15%+ healing bonus on recuperative nanotech. I did the math for 2.0 and at the time it honestly didn't matter - it was a 0.01% overall healing loss with +4 cunning to chest and legs and then an extra 100 or so on Recuperative Nanotech ticks; but that might be different now. Depends on what item level the bolster cutoff is now.

Aside from that, I agree with you on Sorcs and Ops being neck and neck. One of the best Sorc healers I know, (Durwin shoutout ~.^) is able to keep up with me in healing every match (stupid bubbles..) and the mobile channel gave them a lot of necessary mobility. I don't see why anyone would complain about Sorc healers in 3.0.

Damage went up, healthbars went up, healing stayed the same. More healing to do. Bigger HPS. More energy used. Operatives are now relatively on level with other healing classes, but are still easily the most mobile (but not necessarily the most versatile due to the removal of EP and OS) class for arena healing. RIP EP/OS. But, personally? I feel like Operatives are stronger than ever. Kolto Waves is awesome when it is used correctly and the changes make me feel like I'm actually having to heal things rather than rinse and repeat a particular cycle.

Mmm, I'm sure Sorcs are the most mobile healer in the game. They can practically cast all their abilities on the move. Some can be an insta heal/cast.

But for Kolto Wave, I dunno. It's good when people are stacked but if you're playing a hard swap comp it's likely you will not get all 4 people. Since, as a healer, you need to be far away to not get CC'd but close to stay in guard range. But, of course, it would have to be situational for it's use.

Edited by Diachi

So, other than generic complaining about how bad Kolto Waves is, can you explain why it's so bad? What could I be doing in those four cooldowns to heal four people better than Kolto Waves? Assuming I've thrown down an RN already. Strictly PvE.

So, other than generic complaining about how bad Kolto Waves is, can you explain why it's so bad? What could I be doing in those four cooldowns to heal four people better than Kolto Waves? Assuming I've thrown down an RN already. Strictly PvE.

It's completely situational. If the group is not stacked and stationary, hitting 3 people or less, then you wasted 2 GCDs of potentially healing other targets or doing dps. It is a great heal if people are taking consistent damage like in HM Underlurker or the 1st HM boss of ToS; people are stacked, and there's persistent damage going out. It shouldn't be about the HPS farm. An example for a fight that it doesn't do well is HM Bulo for some strats that make people spread out.

But what should you do in the 4 GCDs? You could apply kolto probes in those 4 GCDs. If you get 2 stacks of Kolto Probe then you gain more healing since it ticks for 1 more tick than it does with 1 kolto probe. Surgical probe reprocs the Kolto Probe ticks instantly(with the additional tick). Hard Cast injection, Infusion is great if you know someone will take a ton of damage.

If all else fails, healer DPS is great. Especially in HM where it looks like healers will have to squeeze in as much DPS as they can to help push phases but still keep heals up.

TLDR: Kolto Wave is situational, but its effectiveness increases with 4+ players and if they're stationary. There is plenty of other stuff to do in those GCDs of "downtime".

Edited by Diachi

The jist I'm getting is that Kolto Waves is just another tool in the kit. It has it's place. Just like every ability it requires a certain situation to use. There's nothing wrong with it; people just don't know how to use it right now.

Kolto wave its not a heal peps should use on cd. That's why the 6 pieces bonus is **** (1 sec less on cd), and the 2 pieces bonus of old gear is amazing (15% moar on our recuperative nanotech) so this is a no brain decision.

That said, I like Kolto wave, it takes knowledge, skill and awareness to use it properly. It's a WWF heal that makes difference between goods and bads (Where,When and Fast)

I do not understand this entire thread.

Kolto Waves costs 28 energy not all upfront instead on a channel of 3 seconds (2 GCDs) and heals up to 8 people for a minimum of 4982 each. Every tick has a 30% to grant upper hand and has 10% extra crit chance.

Underworld Medicine/Kolto Injection costs 20 energy and at the end of a 2 second cast heals for a minimum of 4620-5201. Grants 1 Upper Hand and has 20% extra healing bonus (surge).

Healing 2 people

Using Kolto Waves

Cost: 28 energy

Time: 3 seconds

Total Healing: 9964-16928 (Assuming 70% Surge)

HPS: 3321-5643

Using UM/KI

Cost: 40 energy

Time: 4 seconds

Total Healing: 9240-19760 (Assuming 70% Surge)

HPS: 2310-4940

Healing 3 people

Using Kolto Waves

Cost: 28 energy

Time: 3 seconds

Total Healing: 14946-25408 (Assuming 70% Surge)

HPS: 4982-8469

Using UM/KI

Cost: 60 energy

Time: 6 seconds

Total Healing: 13860-29640 (Assuming 70% Surge)

HPS: 2310-4940

Even when healing only 2 people Kolto Waves has better HPS and HPE than Underwold Medicine/Kolto Injection.

Additionally Kolto Waves can be used similar to Kolto Cloud/Kolto Missile since it is channeled and you can break the channel after only doing 2 ticks total cost would be only 14 energy making it a medium AOE heal with low cost.

Edited by lpez

I'm actually interested in hearing what kind of Utilities fellow Operative Healers have been running.

Personally I've been running these,

T1: Nanotech Suit, Chem-resistant Inlays, Slip Away

T2: Advanced Cloaking, Endorphin Rush

T3: Evasive Screen, Evasive Imperative

This is for PVP, btw.

I'm actually interested in hearing what kind of Utilities fellow Operative Healers have been running.

Personally I've been running these,

T1: Nanotech Suit, Chem-resistant Inlays, Slip Away

T2: Advanced Cloaking, Endorphin Rush

T3: Evasive Screen, Evasive Imperative

This is for PVP, btw.

I run the same, but with Countermeasures instead of Endorphin Rush, and Pin Down instead of Advanced Cloaking, for regs at least.

I think taking Revitalizers over Evasive Screen would be more beneficial as heals, the 25% DR really helps.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

Even when healing only 2 people Kolto Waves has better HPS and HPE than Underwold Medicine/Kolto Injection.

Additionally Kolto Waves can be used similar to Kolto Cloud/Kolto Missile since it is channeled and you can break the channel after only doing 2 ticks total cost would be only 14 energy making it a medium AOE heal with low cost.

I think you're forgetting that it's a complete situational heal. It's better to keep Kolto Probe up because it applies 1 more tick if you have 2 stacks. Plus, the goal of a healer isn't to farm HPS, their goal to do keep the group alive while attempting to push DPS in HM and especially NiM content. eHPS > DPS > HPS.

We already "swim" in Tactical Advantages. I'd rather use Recouperative Nanotech that applies the healing buff and Surgical Probe to keep up the heals giving increase buff. There's more than just spamming Kolto Wave off CD.