Is HM Assault on Tython being fixed in this patch?

Icebergy

The Republic encounter is just broken. There is no way to go through the massive damage from the orbital strikes which are all over the place.

Even with one person at each add to draw the strikes on them it still goes all over the place -> death.

Edited by demotivator

Can we even have an acknowledgement that there is an issue? Had 2 other tries and this is just impossible, the shields don't drop fast enough and it's hell all over the place. Or are you just OK with people bailing out of this flashpoint when it pops up?

There is hard. And there is broken.

Edited by demotivator

After the first set of shields drop off the first 2 adds, the tank needs to get aggro on the boss and the remaining adds and face them away from the dps while they kill the first set of adds. After the adds are down, the tank and the DPS switch sides, with the 2 dps planting orbitals on the 2 adds until the shields go down. The tank continues to face the boss away.

As a tank you can plant mortar volley, so it's best to stay at max melee range and offset from the boss. I did this as a guardian tank.

As long as people pay attention and move immediately, there is plenty of space to maneuver. It also helps to clear the adds along the bottom of the platform before you attempt the boss.

Edited by mywang

Confirmed - Been doing this encounter since launch Imp side with no issues. Just tried it today Pub side and it is bugged as hell..

The shields don't drop on two of the droids, so the AOE kills everyone. There are healing-INSANE workarounds, but the fact remains, it is NOT Working As Intended

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping this up because I just had this problem today and it's very frustrating. I've got no problem with hard mechanics when they work right, but not having the right side shields go down is definitely not the intended working order for the Republic mode of the FP.

It would be really nice if this could be fixed some time soon. I'm pretty sure this bug is driving people away from queuing for HM60s.

To be fair, the lack of loot rewards that are worth anything other than their vendor price, and basic comms as the comm drops... kinda contributes to the lack of interest in doing HM 60 FP's. There's no reason to do them. :\