Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Mouse camera, control

Yuvia

Ok here is a question

This is my first time touching the old republic, is this control like this, you use your keyboard to move around, and you cant move around the camera with the mouse?

What I mean is like normal mmo, when you move to the left with the mouse, the camera will go to the left, and so on

I checked the preferences in game, in the control section, cant find anything there.

I mean bioware games wasnt like this....

If anyone have a solution for this let me know.

Thanks

you dont have to use your keyboard to move around. toggle autorun on (i think mousebutton 5 by default) and hold the right mousebutton to control the direction you move in by moving the mouse.

hold the left mousebutton and you will control the camera with your mouse movement.

yea i think i just need to get used to this new thing,

but other than the control the game is pretty good:)

and hopefully they will put in the control feature in the future.

thanks for the quick reply guys

yea i think i just need to get used to this new thing,

but other than the control the game is pretty good:)

and hopefully they will put in the control feature in the future.

thanks for the quick reply guys

What control feature are you looking for?

What normal MMORPG camera feature are we talking about? SWTOR has a similar camera system to other MMOs that I'm aware of.

Every other MMO uses the mouse to control the camera by moving the cursor in the desired direction, not the arrow keys.

I actually found this thread while looking for a way to do exactly that because the camera system SWTOR uses is moronic.

Edited by Ygdrasel

Every other MMO uses the mouse to control the camera by moving the cursor in the desired direction, not the arrow keys.

I actually found this thread while looking for a way to do exactly that because the camera system SWTOR uses is moronic.

SWTOR does use the mouse to control the camera....

Movement he's referring to is going forward using the arrow key and controlling direction using mouse. It's a much more fluid way of controlling character imo. Sure, you can hold left/right mouse buttons and move that way. It's more aggravating than anything, but will work with what we got. Hopefully Devs can look into this...cause i'm sure this ipart of the game is aggravating the @#$% out of many subscribers.

AFAIK, TOR's camera controls are exactly the same as WoW's.

The only difference is you can't turn your camera around and make it stay there while running. It will snap back behind you as soon as you release left click. WoW has an option to turn that off.

Movement he's referring to is going forward using the arrow key and controlling direction using mouse. It's a much more fluid way of controlling character imo. Sure, you can hold left/right mouse buttons and move that way. It's more aggravating than anything, but will work with what we got. Hopefully Devs can look into this...cause i'm sure this ipart of the game is aggravating the @#$% out of many subscribers.

That's how it works. I don't turn with wasd, I turn with the mouse. You just have to right click. You aren't saying you want the camera to always face the way your mouse is without right clicking do you?

Edited by Shillen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.