Quartermaster Bulo boss in Ravagers STORY mode bugged/overtuned

Pietrastor

Somethign is wrong with this boss and its mechanics on STORY mode dealing more damage than what we can see in Dulfy's videos of HARD mode for example. I don't know if this is because of recent patches and some HM/NiM mechanics are bleeding in, or if it is a bug like with the 2nd Fortress boss used to be at launch of Oricon, but I don't believe this is how its suppoused to be in a STORY mode. PUGs and even decent guilds were wiping on this entire weekend.

Since dulfy videos were released as soon as 3.0 went live, I am fairly sure that they were made on pts. PTS version could have different numbers in it. (Mind that Dulfy's group was either in DM or better gear, not crappy yavin i'd say)

Also in dulfy video everyone knows what to do. I recently managed to clear Bulo with 10 or so wipes, because group needs a lot of managing and positioning. IF everyone knows what to do, Bulo isn't that hard.

Are the groups wiping in full BiS 186? That's what the fight requires. If you're in any less don't complain about it being too difficult.

GF bolster gives everyone full 186 lol, and it has still been wipes in multiple groups. This boss is way worse than Council was, on a STORY mode

Edited by Pietrastor

GF bolster gives everyone full 186 lol, and it has still been wipes in multiple groups. This boss is way worse than Council was, on a STORY mode

yup - This is a road block boss for pug group finder. Most are not getting past this and they will be done with this OPS and leave pissed off.

This fight isn't done very well for 16 man.

yup - This is a road block boss for pug group finder. Most are not getting past this and they will be done with this OPS and leave pissed off.

This fight isn't done very well for 16 man.

Not to mention - Council was the last boss. In case of fail, people at least had comms & loot from 4 previous bosses along with Weekly completed. Here's it's just Comms & loot from ONE boss and enormous repair bill.

Same goes for Temple. I have no clue where did Bioware got this brilliant idea to have 2nd bosses be twice harder than everything else. Last time it happened (EC), the op ended up beign most avoided contnt in the game. So yeah. :rolleyes:

Issues like this remind me of a feature that I believe they have in WoW, where wiping on a boss in group finder would give the entire group a stacking buff, something like 5% health/damage/healing. Sure, this boss does also sound overtuned, but even if it wasn't, group finder should be something where you're almost guaranteed to clear the whole thing, otherwise you can't really call it a *story* mode. If something groups you up with 15 random people, then it should also be clearable with 15 random people.

Since dulfy videos were released as soon as 3.0 went live, I am fairly sure that they were made on pts. PTS version could have different numbers in it. (Mind that Dulfy's group was either in DM or better gear, not crappy yavin i'd say)

Also in dulfy video everyone knows what to do. I recently managed to clear Bulo with 10 or so wipes, because group needs a lot of managing and positioning. IF everyone knows what to do, Bulo isn't that hard.

Dulfy's videos are from the PTS, the group is over geared (192 probably set optimized - not crap basic 186 comm gear), and in many cases, the damage being taken from various sources on the PTS version is significantly lower than that on live.

The fight is possible to beat, both on SM and HM, but there is a very high amount of damage going out and if you are only expecting to deal with the level of damage as shown in the videos from the PTS, you will be in for a rude awakening.

Not to mention - Council was the last boss. In case of fail, people at least had comms & loot from 4 previous bosses along with Weekly completed. Here's it's just Comms & loot from ONE boss and enormous repair bill.

Same goes for Temple. I have no clue where did Bioware got this brilliant idea to have 2nd bosses be twice harder than everything else. Last time it happened (EC), the op ended up beign most avoided contnt in the game. So yeah. :rolleyes:

This is a valid point.

Having cleared both Operations the first week with a guild group, it was quite clear the second boss of both (and the third in Temple) were much more challenging than any other fight, with the final fights of both operations being one shots with little to no information available before hand, and on par with the difficulty one would expect in story mode.

Edited by DawnAskham