Just turned 60, which companion to gear? want some advice from my fellow sages :)

Kaffemobil

So, I just turned 60 on my dps sage (usually balance), I've been playing since launch but I have always been to lazy to gear any other companion than nadia (I've just been giving her my old gear :p).

Now, however, I'm thinking about spending all my basic comms on, once and for all, gearing up a companion.

Which one do you guys think I should pick?

Since I'm most often in the balance spec I have quite a lot of self-heals but Im still thinking about getting the med-tech gear for treek, cause treek's OP right??

What do you guys think? Which companion do you prefer in 3.0?

(I dont have hk yet btw)

Thx in advance! :)

I find that a tank companion works best for sages, our biggest weakness is that we are relatively fragile creatures.

But honestly, at the point of progression you are at you can pretty much use whoever you want unless you plan on trying to solo heroics or something.

Edited by dcaleb

Depends on what content you are doing, but I've used Nadia more than any other companion, even when doing stuff the daily heroic on Oricon (balance sage).

At 60, I haven't found anything that necessitates using a tank, and using a healing companion for a class with lots of self heals is pretty pointless IMO.

I'd still say Nadia is your best bet. When geared, a melee DPS companion far outdoes any other companion in terms of DPS. So long as it isn't bugged.

/slaps Yuun

If you dont care about a DPS companion, use a tank one in DPS gear/stance with taunts turned on. After every fight, Rocket Boots will completely heal them.

Edited by TACeMossie

I'd still say Nadia is your best bet. When geared, a melee DPS companion far outdoes any other companion in terms of DPS. So long as it isn't bugged.

Kwerty, what's the best way to gear a melee DPS companion? Is 100% Acc necessary for them? Have you tested Alacrity build in 3.0 for companions?

Kwerty, what's the best way to gear a melee DPS companion? Is 100% Acc necessary for them? Have you tested Alacrity build in 3.0 for companions?

Accuracy to 95% (so 388+ accuracy rating)

Surge to just over 300 rating

Alacrity for the rest

Power augments

No crit in gear unless its found in the 192 legacy mainhand/offhand you get for free from Revan/She Who Greedily Devours

I personally love treek she's very OP

But

You can't get comp rep with her in cinematics, soooo I'd say use the lizard guy quizen or whatever

He's a tank class and actually a very good comp.

I noticed that on every class ur first comp is usually the best one for u as it tends to be ur opposite (tanks for a healer class ect)

So yeah treek (if u don't care for comp rep), or lizard guy for his tanking

Hope this helps, GL Jedi scum

Assuming you have a lot of Basics from the rollover (most people do), then gear yourself and Nadia first --the two of you will just absolutely wreck **** like there's no tomorrow. Keep Nadia bubbled though and mind your Force for off-heals, she's even squishier than you are :)

After that, that annoyingly smarmy healer companion --just in case, although I almost never use him (Me and Nadia/me and Ashara on my Sorcs just kill stuff too fast for it to matter, usually.).

And then...

Go to SectionX and do the HK questline. Because HK-51 is brilliant :)

Accuracy to 95% (so 388+ accuracy rating)

Why do you say only 95% accuracy on a companion? Their attacks can miss just the same as ours, can't they?

Now, how would you gear a tank companion or tank stance treek? Also, I know using a healer comp on a class that has self heals is largely a fruitless endeavour, but could you humour me on how to gear a healer companion or heal stance treek?

Edited by Bugattiboy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.