Mercenary DPS Guide: Innovative Ordinance

TheNavySeal

Yup. Remember this is only in 198. In 192, forget the alacrity and go for surge/accuracy only.

So if I'm gearing my first toon in 192 I should aim for :

6x crit/acc enhancement

1x crit/surge enhancement

6x crit mods

3x power mods

14x aim augments

~4228 aim

~777 acc

~624 crit

~528 power

~333 surge

Edited by Mniejszy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Describes this thread...

http://i.imgur.com/B5CgnQ8.jpg

Higher the crit rating (over 400) the more sparatic the parsing.. you want a high parse..going to be very lucky to get the numbers you want with high crit. you want a solid, average parse..don't go above 400. Its one thing to parse high..its another to pull those numbers on a boss fight. A lot of the "tips" in this thread..are only going to get you an at best, lucky parse.

Don't go over 400...

So if I'm gearing my first toon in 192 I should aim for :

6x crit/acc enhancement

1x crit/surge enhancement

6x crit mods

3x power mods

14x aim augments

~4228 aim

~777 acc

~624 crit

~528 power

~333 surge

Eh???? You forgot a few things I think. You only have 1152 secondary stats... You should have way more... What about stims? Relics? Crystals?

Describes this thread...

http://i.imgur.com/B5CgnQ8.jpg

Higher the crit rating (over 400) the more sparatic the parsing.. you want a high parse..going to be very lucky to get the numbers you want with high crit. you want a solid, average parse..don't go above 400. Its one thing to parse high..its another to pull those numbers on a boss fight. A lot of the "tips" in this thread..are only going to get you an at best, lucky parse.

Don't go over 400...

Just no. I only works with perfect average. Never with record parses.

Anywya, the higher the crit rating you have, the less variance the parse will have.

Average parse on 198 with 400 crit, 120 alac, main stat augs, accuracy caps with one accuracy aug : 5104

Average parse on 198 with 650 crit, 120 alac, main stat augs, accuracy caps with one accuracy aug : 5115

You lose about 15 DPS on a perfectly average parse generated through a model.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

Do you used in your model Marisi's rotation?

No. I use the rotation I figured out, the one in this guide, the one TACe uses, the one zoltan uses, the one that won't make you not use TD every few cycles cause you won't have the heat for it, the on that use Unload to proc IPA. Marisi's rotation is IMO bad.

No. I use the rotation I figured out, the one in this guide, the one TACe uses, the one zoltan uses, the one that won't make you not use TD every few cycles cause you won't have the heat for it, the on that use Unload to proc IPA. Marisi's rotation is IMO bad.

Do it in game, on starparse or parsec and upload it..then we'll talk..

That's not how theory crafting works. You do it in game a thousand times with no mistakes and show us your averages, then we can compare notes. One, or even a few parses, is not going to show which gear distribution is BIS within a few percent of DPS. 400 crit is too low for 198 gear. The simulations using a few different rotations have all shown that over 500 crit is a DPS increase. About 550 is where it peaks in the work I've done. 650 is too high according to the work I've done but not by much. Regardless, 400 to 650 crit isn't going to be very noticeable in a parse due to the RNG, but I wouldn't advise people to cap at 400.

So even though the rotation I use has resulted in the highest numbers both on live and throughout the entirety of the PTS (where everyone had equal gear) and also produces numbers that, in your words, "shows way higher damage.. What would be expected in a good 198 parse" just because it delays an ability and doesn't use Unload to proc IPA it's bad?

I guess you must be new to Merc because leading up to 3.0 the best and most consistent rotation (for the record, a variation I created) used Unload (then a relatively weak ability) on cooldown, delayed IM by 6 seconds and TD by 9 seconds and almost always produced higher numbers than using Unload every 18 seconds, not delaying IM at all and only having a 3 second delay on TD.

So even though the rotation I use has resulted in the highest numbers both on live and throughout the entirety of the PTS (where everyone had equal gear).

On live Zorz members have the best gear atm, so irrelevant. On PTS iirc you and Fasci used the new consumables and most of us (if not all) who used the other rotation were from EU with bad server lag (I personally had 1.5-2k spikes like every minute next to the constant 500-600ms) I even have bad shiplag on TRE...

IO has insanely high surge so a lucky parse (both with crits and damage rolls) are unreachable by the less lucky or those who don't parse that much. (Not to mention the gear and skill gap). Does that make your rotation better? No. Worse? No.

I don't like your rotation, and I said why. It's not bad, but I still don't see any advantage it could have over ours.

Edited by cs_zoltan

So even though the rotation I use has resulted in the highest numbers both on live and throughout the entirety of the PTS (where everyone had equal gear) and also produces numbers that, in your words, "shows way higher damage.. What would be expected in a good 198 parse" just because it delays an ability and doesn't use Unload to proc IPA it's bad?

I guess you must be new to Merc because leading up to 3.0 the best and most consistent rotation (for the record, a variation I created) used Unload (then a relatively weak ability) on cooldown, delayed IM by 6 seconds and TD by 9 seconds and almost always produced higher numbers than using Unload every 18 seconds, not delaying IM at all and only having a 3 second delay on TD.

Then I'm sure you can explain choosing to use Unload every 15s (as my and a few others rotation do), using TD exactly on CD (unlike you) and replacing PS by Rapid instead of TD or PS depending on the filler.... Especially considering that TD does on average 6405 and PS does only 3762. Superburn does on average does 8539 damage. SSC buff is about 355 damage on SS, 317 damage on IM, 1007 damage on Superburn and 187 damage on Plasma. So SSC is about 11,938 damage. So each PS contributes to this 11k... 1194 damage per PS. So we could consider PS damage to be 4955. So.. WHy are you chosing to delay TD which does 6405 damage on average for an extra PS which does 3762 damage on average and contributes to 4955 damage per use?? Seems pretty illogical to me.

• 5 weeks later...

im bumping this thread.

This was the first rotation i've used and the one i seem to like the most...more specifically, my brain knows this one the best.

still yields good results. find the zorz one way too stationary.