Mercenary DPS Guide: Innovative Ordinance

TheNavySeal

Not really... Their rotation have huge amount of crit.. THey aren't in optimized 198 so I guess they have maybe 400 crit probably less and they have a crit rate I could see in optimized 198 with 650 crit...

THey used a high DPS parse and not an average one.

The damage from both rotation should end up fairly the same on a dummy. Their rotation falls in heavy movement fight because of the second PS, in AoE fight because of the lack of fillers to spread DoTs efficiently... Otherwise both rotation are equal.

Not really, they don't use TD on cd in favor for more PS, which, afaik, is a dps loss.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using TD on cd would result in overheating. In the general rotation, the power shot that uses stb and the power shot right after ss, are used to proc ipa. Generally, the power shot or rapid shot used after the hard casted power shot to proc ipa, is dependent on your resources. If you can get supercharged and still have heat to fit in td after unload, you can generally do ps>ps>ms>ul>td. However, if the 2nd power shot would put you over 40 heat when you used td, you would replace it with rapid shot instead. The rotation attempts to fit in td when heat permits it, and td will also be off cd by the time you would use it again, once again if heat permits it.

Using TD on cd would result in overheating. In the general rotation, the power shot that uses stb and the power shot right after ss, are used to proc ipa. Generally, the power shot or rapid shot used after the hard casted power shot to proc ipa, is dependent on your resources. If you can get supercharged and still have heat to fit in td after unload, you can generally do ps>ps>ms>ul>td. However, if the 2nd power shot would put you over 40 heat when you used td, you would replace it with rapid shot instead. The rotation attempts to fit in td when heat permits it, and td will also be off cd by the time you would use it again, once again if heat permits it.

It doesn't if you use Unload to proc the second IPA.

Here's what I came up with optimized 198 gear using the simulator.

It's fairly close to what others have stated.

http://imgur.com/a/uCLbk

I was able to identify another "peak" in gear with about 532 Alacrity. It's about the same DPS, but once I adjusted the sequence of attacks, the other gear above came out slightly ahead.

http://imgur.com/a/A1rY6

I'm still working the details out on this, but I doubt it will be the one above.

Here's what I came up with optimized 198 gear using the simulator.

It's fairly close to what others have stated.

http://imgur.com/a/uCLbk

I was able to identify another "peak" in gear with about 532 Alacrity. It's about the same DPS, but once I adjusted the sequence of attacks, the other gear above came out slightly ahead.

http://imgur.com/a/A1rY6

I'm still working the details out on this, but I doubt it will be the one above.

and holy **** that math simulator 2014 is pretty cool

I was gonna ask if the maths was using the real method to calculate execute DPS, but then I checked and its a simulator so its all good.

WHAT I MEAN BY REAL METHOD

0.7x Normal DPS + 0.3 x Execute DPS is not only lazy, but also wrong.

e.g. 90 second parse, 2k normal DPS, 3k execute DPS

Damage Dealt: 207k using above method

Expected HP remaining for Execute: 62.1k

HP remaining with above method's execute: 81k

Now for the method that is accurate!

DPS = 10 / ( ( 7 / Normal DPS ) + ( 3 / Execute DPS ) )

Same 90 second parse, only this time its 200k damage done - 90 x 10 / (7/2k + 3/3k) becomes 90 x 10/(9/2k), or 200k.

The execute starts properly at 30% hp remaining, and you get the Real expected DPS

I was gonna ask if the maths was using the real method to calculate execute DPS, but then I checked and its a simulator so its all good.

WHAT I MEAN BY REAL METHOD

0.7x Normal DPS + 0.3 x Execute DPS is not only lazy, but also wrong.

e.g. 90 second parse, 2k normal DPS, 3k execute DPS

Damage Dealt: 207k using above method

Expected HP remaining for Execute: 62.1k

HP remaining with above method's execute: 81k

Now for the method that is accurate!

DPS = 10 / ( ( 7 / Normal DPS ) + ( 3 / Execute DPS ) )

Same 90 second parse, only this time its 200k damage done - 90 x 10 / (7/2k + 3/3k) becomes 90 x 10/(9/2k), or 200k.

The execute starts properly at 30% hp remaining, and you get the Real expected DPS

Thank for the correction.. Was too lazy to think after having recalculated all the coefficients...

Well we end up with an average of 4932 DPS with all the approximations I did in my model... So probably 5050-5150 for a real average parse.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

have hit 5k a few times with 31-32% crit using a slightly modified version of this rotation in bis sm warrior gear minus left side except for implants.

think this rotation is as viable as mari and fascs. it flows smoother for me anyway but idk :p

Edited by Peachbrah

For Advanced Targeting... You have crit% chance to trigger it. Assuming 25% crit chance, it means you will proc it before it ends in 1-0.75^4 = 68% Not really enough to be a 100% uptime... if you consider 12s and 8 GCD's, you get to 89% chance to proc it... So I would probably say it looks more like a 70-80% uptime depending on your luck...

With DoTs, Rapid Shots used occasionally and off-hand hits on many skils, you have many chances to proc it per GCD. This accounts for the near 100% uptimes noticed in game.

• 2 weeks later...
650 is BiS with main Stat augs.

EDIT : And 120 alacrity.

650? Are you sure? I'm seeing a decrease in DPS once I go over 450 - but I'm still in a mix of 192-186-180, so that might change things.

Which different Crit ratings have you tested and how did you come to the conclusion 650 is BIS?

650 is meant in min maxed 198s. If u go couple pages back u can see Ryukus post which suggest spending about 25% of your crit/power budget on crit rest in power.

Min max 198, with correct Surge/Alac balance. It's a lot but as a IO Merc you have almost 100% uptime on your surge bonus... And the higher the crit, the higher the uptime will be. You have about 1.1 crit multiplier on your main abilities. Way above the other classes.

650? Are you sure? I'm seeing a decrease in DPS once I go over 450 - but I'm still in a mix of 192-186-180, so that might change things.

Which different Crit ratings have you tested and how did you come to the conclusion 650 is BIS?

I tested everything via a model I built (took me ages figure out everything and make sure I didn't forget anything) and since I have no skill whatsover in coding, I tested al crit between 0 and 1000 rating for every possible enhancements possiblities (so 0-120-240-360-480 alac vs 480-360-240-120-0 surge) with main stat augs. I then tested it with power/crit augs and from 0 to 1000....

The higher was 650 crit main stat augs 120 alac with a perfectly average DPS (Zorz parse is way too high for their gear.. Insane crit rate and over average damage ;)) of 5113.203

Edited by Ryuku-sama

I tested everything via a model I built (took me ages figure out everything and make sure I didn't forget anything) and since I have no skill whatsover in coding, I tested al crit between 0 and 1000 rating for every possible enhancements possiblities (so 0-120-240-360-480 alac vs 480-360-240-120-0 surge) with main stat augs. I then tested it with power/crit augs and from 0 to 1000....

The higher was 650 crit main stat augs 120 alac with a perfectly average DPS (Zorz parse is way too high for their gear.. Insane crit rate and over average damage ;)) of 5113.203

Thanks for the info. I tried going to 600 Crit, but found that it does only work better if I have 300ish Surge and no Alacrity. But I'd have to get better gear to really know. Generally it seems logical you'd want your Surge near soft cap (which I believe is sth like 300) if you use that much Crit. I suspect it only makes sense to work in Alacrity, once you get near Surge soft cap with only 2 slots, so you have one slot open for Alacrity. And that's probably only the case in full 198, which I'm miles away from. Good food for thought either way, so thanks!

Thanks for the info. I tried going to 600 Crit, but found that it does only work better if I have 300ish Surge and no Alacrity. But I'd have to get better gear to really know. Generally it seems logical you'd want your Surge near soft cap (which I believe is sth like 300) if you use that much Crit. I suspect it only makes sense to work in Alacrity, once you get near Surge soft cap with only 2 slots, so you have one slot open for Alacrity. And that's probably only the case in full 198, which I'm miles away from. Good food for thought either way, so thanks!

Eh?? You have four slots for Surge/Alac in 198. You use 6 Accuracy and 4 Surge/Alac + 1 Accuracy augment. The later isn't really needed. I prefer prefer having it and being over the cap, but using 14 main stat augments instead of 13 is a 7 DPS increase.

Eh?? You have four slots for Surge/Alac in 198. You use 6 Accuracy and 4 Surge/Alac + 1 Accuracy augment. The later isn't really needed. I prefer prefer having it and being over the cap, but using 14 main stat augments instead of 13 is a 7 DPS increase.

Right, totally forgot about that: I just dropped the eighth piece of accuracy, since I hadn't focussed on my Commando for Dread Ops, so he had many 180 enhancements, which meant I had to use 8 slots of accuracy first. So now I'm at 7, and yeah, in 198s you'd obviously go for 6 only. I'm with you on the additional augment then, for I always want my DPS toons at full accuracy.

Right now I'm sitting at 4450 DPS in a wild mix of 192s, 186s and still a few 180s with 13 new mainstat augments (still can't bring myself to augment that last 180s implant ;-) But it's very nice to know which stats to aim for while gearing up, as I will focus on my Commando a bit more than before...

Is sorc in lighting have more burst, than merc in IO?so best 3 slots surge 1 alacrity, another in accuracy.And where u get information about Zorz stats?Marisi's log done with 650 crit rating?

Marisi's parse was done in 192 yet the parse shows way higher damage.. What would be expected in a good 198 parse. They used a record parse for their guide and not an average one.

And I know nothing more about Zorz stats but I doubt they would have gone to 650 crit since in their guild they advice to go over 400 nothing more. My 650 comes from maths and models.

Min max 198, with correct Surge/Alac balance. It's a lot but as a IO Merc you have almost 100% uptime on your surge bonus... And the higher the crit, the higher the uptime will be. You have about 1.1 crit multiplier on your main abilities. Way above the other classes.

to confirm then you have 360 surge, 120 alacrity then?