Which companions talk in the class mission on Rishi?

PavSalco

I saw all the videos that dulfy posted and played Warrior and BH myself. So far I'm only aware of two companions that actually say something. I would greatly appreciate if you know the rest and care to share it.

Warrior: None?

Inquisitor: Talos

BH: Mako

Agent: ?

Knight: ?

Consular: ?

Trooper: ?

Smuggler: ?

The only thing that I found is this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7837414&postcount=2

But Wicked discussed the intro and exploring, not the class mission itself. That is why Talos received the status "No Comments".

I begin to believe that his line was rehashed because what is the point of asking VA to do one line...

... but then why they didn't rehash lines from the other companions as well.

Like I said, really mind boggling decisions when it came to the voicework of the companions.

The people in charge for those haven`t spend much time thinking haven`t they.

As mentioned earlier, this game generates 100$ million plus on a yearly basis yet it would seem the thing BW Austin does best is cutting corners. :rolleyes:

Jesse Harlin, who wrote the soundtrack for SoR -- and has been involved with the music for this game since DAY ONE -- said this about the music recording for ToR:

All of the new music since Oricon has been produced with samples, MIDI, and synthetic instruments. Would I love to be recording at Abbey Road and Skywalker Sound like we did for the original set of music for SWTOR? Sure. Even then, not everything we did for the initial release was live orchestra. About a third of it was using samples as well.

Still, the decision to use live instruments versus sampled instruments is one made higher up the chain than me. In certain regards, it's allowed me to do some things that I couldn't do otherwise with live instruments.

So, you know, you do the best with the resources that you're given and try to stretch your creativity with every new cue.

You can read it all here.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

As far as I can tell None of the warriors companions say a thing.

Have to agree, additional content in ToR is far below the original game. It seems that everything that made ToR better than other MMO's is cut and replaced with text based missions repetitive content, two new tactical flashpoints and two new ops and a brand new gear grind.

It seems a little short sighted that the folks at Austin believe that nerfing classes and gear and re-introducing a gear grind with so little content is good for their profits.

As far as I can tell None of the warriors companions say a thing.

Vette and Malavai have like a dozen comments available for this expansion, half on Rishi, half on Yavin 4. Broonmark talks during the Rishi intro -- assuming you finished chapter three -- but goes silent for the remainder of SoR.

As mentioned earlier, this game generates 100$ million plus on a yearly basis yet it would seem the thing BW Austin does best is cutting corners. :rolleyes:

Jesse Harlin, who wrote the soundtrack for SoR -- and has been involved with the music for this game since DAY ONE -- said this about the music recording for ToR:

You can read it all here.

Wow... that is really sad actually. It seems everyday I come to the forums, a little more of my faith in Bioware slips away. :o

Wow... that is really sad actually. It seems everyday I come to the forums, a little more of my faith in Bioware slips away. :o

After realizing how wrong I was, and that Jeff Bennett wouldn't be delivering a line quite on par with

for SoR, it can't get much worse for me. :p Edited by Darth_Wicked

I mean they already made terrible mistakes for the original game. They weren´t thinking at all and had no idea of MMOs, yet they made one and spent god knows how much money on something they had no idea of. It`s stupid.

They spend so much on cutscenes, forgetting that it`s the gameplay that needs to be fun. Cutscenes are not gameplay.

Yeah I had tremendous hopes for another bioware game Dragon age inquisition. I'm disappointed. The graphics for da are just so subpar and any sort of direction as to what to do next.... Non existent. Games of late have let me down. I find mass effect and assassins Creed games almost unplayable now. *sigh*

You people shouldn`t really expect Bioware games from today to reach the epicness of that time.

There are different people, they themselves don´t wan to be focused onto rpg that much.

They really aren´t that good of storytellers. They are ok and have good moments and ideas but they aren´t special or anything like they used to be.

I mean they already made terrible mistakes for the original game. They weren´t thinking at all and had no idea of MMOs, yet they made one and spent god knows how much money on something they had no idea of. It`s stupid.

They spend so much on cutscenes, forgetting that it`s the gameplay that needs to be fun. Cutscenes are not gameplay.

I've been a sub for just about 3 years now, and cutscenes, the great overlapping story in the original leveling experience, and all the different class specs are the main reasons I play SWTOR.

I think you are correct that most MMO players probably don't agree, and the game didn't do as well as a consequence. I wouldn't be playing SWTOR if it was just like most MMOs, though.

Unfortunately, the trend has been to make it more generically like other MMOs, with less of an emphasis on story and SW lore. Instead, the focus is on what sells in the CM and balancing the rest of the game around minimal updates (At least in 2014) and a gear grind.

SoR certainly confirms this, even if the one storyline it has is very decent. EA really couldn't afford one for each faction at least?

The amount of content in this compared to even Makeb's expansion is paltry, and that was $10. At least RotHC had a real planet in it. Rishi is about the size of two of Makeb's zones, and Yavin IV may as well be Oricon with trees.

Remember when the game went F2P and BW stated they had 2 years worth of content already? Well, they ran out, and EA doesn't seem to be giving them much funding to keep a quality game going. For the first time, I think I might just end up giving up on SWTOR.

Edited by arunav

I saw all the videos that dulfy posted and played Warrior and BH myself. So far I'm only aware of two companions that actually say something. I would greatly appreciate if you know the rest and care to share it.

Warrior: None?

Inquisitor: Talos

BH: Mako

Agent: ?

Knight: ?

Consular: ?

Trooper: ?

Smuggler: ?

That this post even exists is a sad account of what's happened to SWTOR's development.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.