Unload while moving

DarthSithdious

Picked this ability to give mobility to my Merc, but the animation looks soooooo awful. With guns drawn straight ahead, the bullets/lasers comes out left, right and all over the place as the toon is running around. At one point it looks like I'm shooting at my own arms and head....sooo weird.

I think it is a good ability, but the implemention looks incomplete.

Yeah if you run Arsenal, Blazing Bolts looking odd as well. Has to do with the game going from a 180 degree ability radius to a 270 one. The bolts turn more now and the blasters never have turned.

It's a minor issue for me. I've been running Innovative Ordinance last 3 days on my Merc and barely use Unload (even though I still took the utility as another movement option).

It's a minor issue for me. I've been running Innovative Ordinance last 3 days on my Merc and barely use Unload (even though I still took the utility as another movement option).

Barely use Unload... what? How about once every 15 second rotation, same as Power Shot. You should only ever have to stop to cast either a Power Shot or Serrated Shot, everything else is instant.

Barely use Unload... what? How about once every 15 second rotation, same as Power Shot. You should only ever have to stop to cast either a Power Shot or Serrated Shot, everything else is instant.

Still learning the rotation; Was an Arsenal Merc for ages, and rarely had to use Unload in the old Pyro spec to do good DPS. I do use Unload on the move to proc Mag Shot, then get a instant Serrated Shot normally to refresh.

I'm no expert at the new spec, but I tend to use this: cast Serrated Shot followed by IM, Rapid, Unload, Mag, TD, Rapid, insta-PS, Mag, back to casting Serrated Shot...

If Mag is off cd use that instead of Rapid Shots, and/or Uber-missile Blast when it procs.

Heat management in IO is one hell of a ***** if you deviate to far from that rotation. At least Ive found.

I dont even cast my Charged Bolt (PS), the only abilities I cast are Plasma Nade (when instant is on CD) and Serrated bolt.

Edited by Volcan

I'm no expert at the new spec, but I tend to use this: cast Serrated Shot followed by IM, Rapid, Unload, Mag, TD, Rapid, insta-PS, Mag, back to casting Serrated Shot...

If Mag is off cd use that instead of Rapid Shots, and/or Uber-missile Blast when it procs.

Heat management in IO is one hell of a ***** if you deviate to far from that rotation. At least Ive found.

I only have 1 rapid shots per 15 sec and never have trouble with ammo as long as I time my supercharged cells, reserve power cell, and recharge cell at the correct time.

Edited by Volcan

I really wish that they would replace Unload and Blazing Bolt's stupid crossed shooting animation for the more logical Wounding Shots style of just shooting the two pistols really fast no fancy crossing hands ****. it's stupid and unrealistic, you wouldnt hit the broadside of a barn from the inside if you did that IRL...

errr, you really messing with your mag procs with that rotation.

Serrated > IM > Mag > Power Shot > Mag > unload > Thermal Det > Power Shot > Mag > Serrated > IM > rapid shot > Power shot > Mag > etc

errr, you really messing with your mag procs with that rotation.

Serrated > IM > Mag > Power Shot > Mag > unload > Thermal Det > Power Shot > Mag > Serrated > IM > rapid shot > Power shot > Mag > etc

You've got 3 Mag Shots in that rotation. It only works for an opener or when Mag is off cd. Its literally a slight deviation from what I do. Remember the 7.5s timer for the IPA proc is from the activation of the PS or Unload, not the end of the ability.

You can only, in the middle of combat, fire Mag Shot twice in 15s. So to continue your rotation it looks like this:

Yours: Serrated > IM > rapid shot > Power shot > Mag > Unload > Thermal Det > Power Shot > Mag

Mine: Serrated > IM > rapid > Unload > Mag > Thermal Det > Rapid > insta-Power Shot > Mag

Only difference from what I do is you cast a Power Shot, instead of rapid shot. Is it more dps sure, but heat management may be tight; I haven't checked.

My opener is: Serrated > IM > Mag > Unload > Mag > Thermal Det > Rapid > insta-Power Shot > Mag

Continued: Serrated > IM > rapid > Unload > Mag > Thermal Det > Rapid > insta-Power Shot > Mag

Should I replace one of those Rapids with a PS and work on my heat control? Probably. Will work on that later. But at the moment I've found mine works fine, especially if you **** up during a fight; I'd rather have my heat management CDs for them at the moment.

Edited by Dropfall