Harb Metal heads

RevivalAmerica

Reporting for duty! :D

I'm a sucker for progressive metal, folk, black, melodeath, drone/death/funeral doom, power, avant-garde, symphonic, with a hint of gothic thrown in. Favorites: Arkona, Eluveitie, Tyr, Wolves in the Throne Room, Cormorant, Trees, Dimmu Borgir, Fejd, (vaguely ashamed) Dragonforce, Stratovarius, Opeth, Alcest, Les Discrets.

Edited by JainiaDral

Nice to see I'm not alone here!

Between the buried and me, Animals as leaders, Arch Enemy, Cradle of Filth, Of mice and men, Attack attack, The devil wears parada, Killswitch engage, Atreyu, Asking Alexandria, Bring me the horizon, Soilwork and way too many others to name <3

Me too!

I grew up with oldschool rock - AC/DC, Guns'n'Roses, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones etc.

As a teenager, I added Manowar, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Blind Guardian etc to the mix.

I have a few favorites from the past I can always listen to like AC/DC, Manowar, Within Temptation. Now, I listen to pretty much anything. I don't really have favourite bands anymore cause I've realized I mostly like a one to handful of songs from a certain band.

But my favourite genres are still rock, heavy of all types, gothic and add a bit of black, death and grindgore. :cool:

I like Mastodon, Rage against the Machine, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Tool, Black Dahlia Murder, Despite,

Fantomas, Mr. Bungle, Pantera, Mudvayne, Dillinger Escape Plan, KoRn, Lamb of God, Killer Be Killed, Opeth, Necrophagist, Protest the Hero, Sepultura, Slayer, System of a Down, Tomahawk, Def Tones just to name a few.

• 2 weeks later...

<< musician. born and raised on Tool, Failure, Alice and Chains, Soundgarden, and Jane's Addiction, but have been known to jam some Gojira, Meshuggah, Machine Head, and Tesseract. :p

(Karnivool and Oceansize have been getting a lot of ipod love lately too.)

Some of my favourites are Burzum, Emperor, Shining, Silencer, Skitliv, Leviathan, Carpathian Forest, Xasthur, Watain, Ondskapt, Krohm, Drudkh, Opeth, At the Gates, Dream Theater and Cynic. And of course a lot of the old stuff like Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Deep Purple.

Ahh, finally. Somebody with like-minded metal preferences. Watain was in the US recently (in Brooklyn, actually) and they were able to perform their usual show complete with fermented pig's blood. King Diamond toured toward's the end of the Summer. It was good Summer. Edited by Scherbatsky
addition