Hatred pvp: Need help min maxing gear

exodusdm

Augments (Power/Willpower)?

What stat percentages should I aim for (Crit/Surge/Accuracy)?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking WP Augs and shooting for about 25% Crit with 75% Surge. Wasn't planning on touching accuracy as I haven't really had a problem with it unless I'm outside a WZ.

I posted this just under a different thread. I play Hatred more so I am primarily focusing on gearing that. Right now I am only in Exhumed gear, unaugmented, with a Dark Reaver mainhand so still plenty of gearing to go. I've yet to make any decisions regarding Critical Rating vs Power Stat but what I'm linking explains my road map for gearing so far. Hope this helps.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7862295&postcount=4

Edit: Worth mentioning, this is just my plan so far, it is in no way optimal or the best way to gear a Hatred Sin, just what my preference is at the moment.

I recommend the following (sorry if any mistakes but this is from memory):

-All 7 Stalker Pieces

-Force-Mystic Focus (whatever one is Power/Surge)

-Power/Surge Earpiece (cannot remember name)

-Power/Accuracy Implants x2 (cannot remember name)

-Replace both Crit/Alacrity enhancements with Power/Surge (believe this is the chest and hands)

From here, when I go full Dark Reaver, I plan to have 1 Accuracy augment and the rest most likely Willpower.

I haven't put any thought into Crit Rating yet and where to swap Crit for Power.

In full Dark Reaver, I believe this is 307 accuracy which is just above 95/105. Unless proven otherwise, I don't plan to use Alacrity for PvP. But I still plan to do some testing and number crunching in the future. For now I just play the full unaugmented Exhumed set listed above and am working on getting ranked gear first before messing with anything else.

Note: the reason I recommend Power/Accuracy implants instead of enhancements is Stalker gear only comes with one accuracy enhancement (in the headpiece). Replacing enhancements is far more expensive than getting implants twice (in the case I were to decide to go Power/Surge and drop accuracy).

Note #2: You can choose 1 of the 7 gear pieces to be Force-Mystic or Force-Master in order to save costs on buying separate Mods/Enhancements for minmaxing later since the set bonus requires only 6 pieces. I only went with all 7 because of a little bit of OCD in my case. Unfortunately mixing and matching of bracers/belts is futile this time around as bracers for all 3 sets are all crit I believe and belts for all 3 are power (it could be the other way around, either way BioWare thought ahead on that one).

Happy Note: This time around BioWare decided to do PvP gearing a solid and give BiS mods in the 5 main gear pieces instead of A-type unoptimized high endurance mods, yay!

Edited by Hellhog

• 3 weeks later...
Willpower augments

20% crit (1 enhancement)

72% surge

Rest Alacrity.

Skip accuracy alltogether.

That is what I'm doing, anyway.

Question for Evolixe about this build: Why alacrity over surge? If I choose this build, what amount of alacrity (raw stats and percentage) am I looking at? Many thanks ahead.

Istarted out with your build Evo, but i changed a lot of my gear, and ive noticed a quite large increase in dps. Accuracy is amazing, and the crit i changed helped a lot as well..

I have the following stats outside WZ atm:

96,5% accuracy

25,46% crit

68,60% surge

1,14% alacrity

and 1600 bonus dmg, which is around 1800 in wz.

And again.. the amount of dmg i went up in warzones is.. very high..

Istarted out with your build Evo, but i changed a lot of my gear, and ive noticed a quite large increase in dps. Accuracy is amazing, and the crit i changed helped a lot as well..

96,5% accuracy

25,46% crit

68,60% surge

1,14% alacrity

More than 95% accuracy is a waste, only sages and inquisitors have 10% defense.

More than 95% accuracy is a waste, only sages and inquisitors have 10% defense.

Well, whats the most you face on the battlefields these days? o.O

I'm not saying that people should do what i do.. But, this is definitely working better for me.

96,5% accuracy

25,46% crit

68,60% surge

1,14% alacrity

More and more I have been leaning towards a balance of stats like yours, with the exception of <95% acc. I think it may actually be the way to go for Hatred. Still testing.

More and more I have been leaning towards a balance of stats like yours, with the exception of <95% acc. I think it may actually be the way to go for Hatred. Still testing.

+1 for high crit and surge. From my experience there is a significant boost in dps while running 25 percent crit. In a really good game I would get 2500 dps, now that I am running full power and 5 percent alacrity, it is kinda hard for me to break 2k dps...Granted, there is an argument to be made for the 13k assasinates and 10k leeching strikes with full power, but yeah, i still think I will go back to full crit and surge.

My logic is, in 2.x there was a general consensus that 75 crit and 25 surge was the OPTIMAL numbers for sin. Now did 3.0 change the numbers and formulas THAT much? Naw, not really. Pvp numbers didnt change by THAT much all, so why would max power all of the sudden be the optimal thing to choose? The crit DR didnt really change, so i think 75 percent is still optimal. Side note - I think that plays more of a factor in determining dps over optimizing for alacrity/surge though. Again not saying this is fact, but what has worked for me:

25% Crit

75% Surge

0-3% alacrity (Doesnt matter as much as above)

0-1 % accuracy (Doesnt matter as much as above)

This build would just be for the highest DPS at the end of warzone, Still not sure if its the most competitive for winning games- because full power still feels God like :D (But I guess that just shows how great this class is).

Would still like some extra input though