The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The mandalorian killer is bugged to hell

bigphillystyle

Went smooth for me, did not encounter any bug at all on this mission.

Pretty much this right here. I had no difficulties whatsoever, butchered everything, Engaged the Jedi and his padawan, took out his Padawan and then killed the Jedi. Clean as could be.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too had several of the Major Bugs during this quest, but got through them and completed the quest. I did lots of research when I discovered the bugs trying to get around/through them. Here's what I did for the specific bugs (most of this is also listed on other threads out there):

Chief Engineer (up on balcony that you need to use your Super Jet Pack to reach AND KILL):

1. Collect the booster items, which automatically builds it
  2. Put the two icons on a hot bar (the shield and NEW Jet Pack icon)
  3. Start at the floor icon near middle of room, walk forward until your normal jetpack skill icon becomes active, showing you are in range to jump to the engineer
  4. Now click your Thermal Shield icon... then click your New Boost Jetpack icon (it will show that its active for about 5 seconds with the wipedown effect on icon)
  5. CLICK your normal Jetpack charge icon... for me I flew right up to the balcony and IMMEDIATELY KILLED the engineer and two helpers. IF you don't kill them immediately, just jump off, move to the back until they reset and try it all again.

I must have jumped up there 10-15 times, trying to beat the engineer in a normal fight. I was with two other party members and we tried everything. Once I got the sequence right on the Thermal... Booster... then jump while still active, the jetpack heat killed them.

-----------------------------------------------

The Missing Master and Padawan Bug:

1. IF you get to the Bridge (big room with windows) full of Mobs and you can't see the Master and Pad., then its bugged for you. Kill the mobs and check. Then do these steps...
  2. Exit back to the main hanger, and go through the green door toward your ship. This is a non-instance area (you might see other BHs pass through here). There is a shortcut back to this area. It makes the fight to get back shorter.
  3. While in the non-instanced area (the foyer between ship and quest area), click on your portrait icon, and reset the local instance. It will make all the mobs respawn.
  4. Go back in the quest, go to the hanger, try to sneak around to the right, between the ships as much as possible. You still have to kill 2-3 groups, but not all of them.
  5. Up the ramp on the far, right side and you are mostly back to the bridge. For me, the Master and Paddy were there. Clear the room again and kill the master.

I agree with all the ranting about the Class quests should be flawless, but hey, I can live with it. Its a great game and will only get better with time. We just need to support each other with clear, detailed work-arounds when we find them.

Last night I didn't get the jedi/padawan, BUT what I did do is complete as much as I can and then exit. I relog and came back using the side entrance and go directly to the deck. The mobs respawn abut at least the Jedi was there. Not too bad. I get to keep my bonus from earlier run.

I did encounter the Padawan bug where she constantly heal after she died. I have to kite the boss to the other side of the room to get out of range after the main boss heal to full TWICE! but I finally beat it and got my Legacy!

Just encountered this with my BH guild mate. No Jedi end-boss after a hard slog though the ship is beyond annoying:mad:. Clearly its intermittent but its a total show stopper for the BH when it happens. I linked him to this thread so hopefully one of the fixes will work...

I think a big part of the problem it that on-level this is a hard fight and many many BH's I've inspected do not have good gear on themselves.

there are LOS issues with and the jetpack sequence is not simple to understand and but if you had enough endurance and aim the fights were easy and even a doing the jet pack wrong only meant you took a little damage.

Even the last jedi fight were the heals are "bugged" only meant for me I had to burn him down like 3 times but I never was close to dying using mako for healing.

the normal quest items aren't very good gear and even most of the prototype grade stuff isn't good compared to a on level custom set if you have prototype or artifact level mods and armor slotted.

Slicers can buy gear and crafters can make it for themselves or you could use commendations to outfit custom grade gear for only 2 commendations for each mod or enhancement. Armor mods cost 7 commendations but you do get a chance at custom gear from heroics and flashpoints.

the point being is if you rush into the story quests and aren't doing most of the other stuff and also not gearing up this fight and future ones will be a lot harder than they need to be .

Maybe I just got lucky, but I one-shot the entire quest. I have theory that many of these bugs are related to dieing and respawning.

The only tricky part was pulling the Jedi away from the Padawan after I beat her.

Killed her ez with DFA RP RS RFS and FT. Pull the Jedi away and slowly wore him down.

I was a 32 ST and it was a total breeze, finished the fight at 75% health. Mako healed her little butt off and I never felt in any real danger if dieing.

If anything I think they could raise the difficulty a tad, I was hoping for a more epic fight TBH.

I just hit this mission yesterday at level 31. The Jedi did spawn alright for me, yet the Padawan continued to heal even though I owned her. I hit the Jedi with a Concussion Missile, took out the Padawan, then got frustrated by him being healed up constantly.

I didn't try to kite him to the other side of the room as others have suggested. I took the MMO approach and grabbed another Bounty Hunter to assist me. We both went in and owned the Padawan and his Jedi master easily.

Other than that, the area was bugged with Line-Of-Sight issues with some mobs, but I was able to walk around them. I did submit a bug report to Bioware indicating my issues, so I hope they take them into account (which I'm sure they will, as I have high regards for Bioware products).

Good luck to those with issues on this mission. This was the first time I was disappointed in the game as this is a major quest for our class...and it does have a neat ending and unlocks your Legacy.

I just did this mission after the patch update on Jan 12th and all looks good.

Patch notes don't state that they fixed the areas but looks like I got through bug free.

My only issue was with being a Shield Tech and jumping to the chief engineer level.

I had to get out, respec myself as a Advanced prototype and then do the mission again and use the ramjet.

The Ramjet didn't work at first and took a few tries from different locations in the room but once you hit it you don't need to kill the engineer or his companions.

He dies instantly.

I've been up on the platform for hours trying to kill them. It is impossible.

Ramjet up there, not jet pack!

Rest of the mission went fine.

Wiped the floor with Tarro Blood and the Jedi Master and padawan didn't bug out for me. Mako was able to stun and hit down the padawan while I concentrated on the jedi master.

Wasn't too bad.

Did it at level 35

Didnt have any bugs during the mission except a few mobs that i couldnt get line of sight on, afterwards though...

When i had to choose a legacy name i just closed it down and continued playing for like 30 minutes before actually deciding. When i decided my name nothing happened when i pressed create, i spam it a few times only to notice that i have ANOTHER class quest called the mandalorian killer that its the final phase (speak with your crew on the intercom).

TLDR: Couldnt create legacy name, now i have one but also got duplicate class quests. ***?

I guess I'm quite lucky..

I've done it twice now (1 merc healer, 1 Powertech tank.. both at lvl 29) and the only thing I've noticed is that the padawan keeps healing the boss if you're too close to her..

So I just moved him away down to the area with the consoles and then it's easy.

Took me a whle to realise it the first time thru tho.. he kept getting healed from somewhere but I didn't see him doing any casts.. which frustrated me alot :p

But after I realised where the heals came from it went fine :)

But then, I haven't really noticed that many bugs overall.. so maybe I'm just not seeing them :p

Edited by JenFX

Just did this quest today and it pissed me off greatly. Firstly, i got stuck where tarro blood is sealed behind the door. I dont know how but i did and i had to press /stuck. Secondly when i got to the final boss it all went down hill, mako kept flopping over randomly like she just kept falling over. The final boss kept regenerating his health back to 100% so it was nearly impossible to kill him as when i got close his health would go back up to 100% but luckily in the end i had to lure him out of that room and into the medical one where i managed to kill him as his health regenerated and it was the most frustrating messed up quest ever!

Ran into the second room where all the ships are and couldn't target the first mob so I just ran around them. From there everything was fine until I got to the jet pack part, took about 20 tries to get it to work, once it did everything was smooth until the Jedi Master. Ran in and couldn't see him, left came back, couldn't see him. Reset the entire quest, ran through again and still couldn't see him. Logged out and came back and still nothing!!!

I agree this quest is bugged. I just cant beat the Jedi Kellian (I beat his companion easy), the a55hole keeps regenerating his health and I can't beat him at all. The bounty hunter generates so much heat I can't attack, which also helps him regenerate his health. I get him down to half health way, have to much heat, then he gets all his health back, then I die die die. Not to mention because I keep getting dead I have to keep repairing my armor, which pisses me off because IT TOO EXPENSIVE TO DO THIS MISSION. This quest makes my want to rip my hair out, run in circles and swear at the top of my lungs. I definately want to punch someone out. :mad::mad::mad:

I got stuck on this last night where the Jedi and padawan wouldn't spawn. There is one very important thing everyone should realize if having this issue. There are 2 different types of reset available.

1. Exit the phase, open your quest log, click reset (it's right next to abandone). This will erase all of your progression and you will be required to fight back through the entire thing. This method did not work for me and I just wasted 30 mins of my time to see no Jedi spawn.

2. Exit the phase by walking back out the green door at the airlock, but don't board your ship. Next right click your portrait and select reset phases. This will make mobs respawn, but you will still be on the final phase "speak to Kellian Jarro". Sneak around the rigt side of the hangar, up the ramp, and onto the elevator. Bam! Jedi there for thee beat down.

I experienced all of these bugs yesterday

1) When entering the Hangar Bay from the airlock for the first time, a droid got hung up on a barrel and resulted in all attacks giving the "you cannot see your target" error. Only way to kill it was AOE

2) Upon reaching the bridge, the master, nor the padawan were present. Went back to the airlock, as recommended above, and reset local instance and that worked (than you guys so much)

3) The padawan, after being defeated continued to heal, or something continued to heal. I had to drag the master almost all the way out of the room in order to get him out of range

4) The master also, in a couple of spots, also gave the "you cannot see your target" error and I had to drag him around even further

All in all, very, very frustrating end to what had been a terrific quest series.

mine is bugged where you have to jump and kill the engineer they keep resetting making it impossible to move on. It also makes it so I have no class quests on the next planets too. this is really ticking me off. I opened a ticket three days ago and I have not heard a thing from anyone. Makes me almost want my wow back.... Almost.

mine is bugged where you have to jump and kill the engineer they keep resetting making it impossible to move on. It also makes it so I have no class quests on the next planets too. this is really ticking me off. I opened a ticket three days ago and I have not heard a thing from anyone. Makes me almost want my wow back.... Almost.

I had this one as well but I finally figured out that I was doing it wrong.

If you're a powertech about level 34 then you might have JetPack.

Make sure you don't use the jetpack as this will just launch you up there to attack the engineer.

You have to use the ramjet from the centre of the room where the circle is. You'll rocket up there and instant kill the engineer and the two comandos.

It is the only way to kill them. Took me two days to figure it out. I blamed it on bugs but a few more pointers in the game might have helped aid my frustration.

Reset of the mission for me after that point was flawless.