The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lana and Theron and the player and oh my!!!

Darth__Reaver

Tell that to Satele Shan. :p

She got carried away with a sexy trooper who saved her life and she fought alongside. And I don't think contraceptives are standard military pack gear.;)

Edit: And when the post FA story/start of SoR started, I thought maybe something happened. Something a little... Shippy. Maybe FWB moments to "preserve their cover"?

Edited by LyraineAlei

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She got carried away with a sexy trooper who saved her life and she fought alongside. And I don't think contraceptives are standard military pack gear.;)

Edit: And when the post FA story/start of SoR started, I thought maybe something happened. Something a little... Shippy. Maybe FWB moments to "preserve their cover"?

Are jedi forbidden from fulfilling one of their basic needs? Just out curiosity.

Tell that to Satele Shan. :p

what makes you think she didn't plan to have Theron? after all, Jace Malcom is decorated soldier, smart, healthy and most importantly - not looking for attachment. perfect father for a child of a jedi.

Theron is not exactly hiding his parentage and jedi are not forbidden to have sex or children. they are merely encouraged not to form emotional attachments.

P.S. having done the story both sides... he did like Lana. its part of the reason why he was so pissed off at her after certain events on Rishi. she genuinely hurt him. you cannot be hurt like that by someone you don't like anyways.

Edited by Jeweledleah

what makes you think she didn't plan to have Theron? after all, Jace Malcom is decorated soldier, smart, healthy and most importantly - not looking for attachment. perfect father for a child of a jedi.

Theron is not exactly hiding his parentage and jedi are not forbidden to have sex or children. they are merely encouraged not to form emotional attachments.

I'm not entirely sure but I always read that as they are discouraged from having children just as well. In a way, I'd think that saying "you are allowed to have children but forbidden to form emotional attachements" is not only much more cruel than just saying "don't have children", it also just invites trouble (i.e falling to the darkside out of love) like nothing else.

Edited by Korevas

Some people say that Lucas said that jedi are forbidden from forming romantic attachments but not from having sex because he did the stupid thing of saying that force sensitivity is mostly inherited and with most of them jedi or with some role in the jedi order and celibate its hard to explain why so many force sensitives are around, that there are still thousand of jedi. So them having the option of sleeping around makes him not so stupid that he shoot himself in the foot by making 2 contradictory statements that are both cannon. Edited by adormitul

Are jedi forbidden from fulfilling one of their basic needs? Just out curiosity.

It's a double standard. The childbearing gender of the specie is/are seriously discouraged fulfilling the sexual itch, because childbearing creates an attachment between child and the parent. The other part/parts are allowed to run around and become "dead beat dads" basically because no attachment is required on their behalf/part of the process.

So for humans:

Men can have no-strings attached sex. Women are encouraged to be lifelong virgins.

It's a double standard. The childbearing gender of the specie is/are seriously discouraged fulfilling the sexual itch, because childbearing creates an attachment between child and the parent. The other part/parts are allowed to run around and become "dead beat dads" basically because no attachment is required on their behalf/part of the process.

So for humans:

Men can have no-strings attached sex. Women are encouraged to be lifelong virgins.

Oh well I guess equality is hard to achieve even in a fictional futuristic future.

The reason for friction is not implied, veiled or otherwise, it's stated flat out. No inference required.

Bran, I know the reason why Theron got really upset with Lana because of what she did to him on Rishi, but what I took away from that, is that if there hadn't been something going on prior to the arrival/inclusion of the player character, he wouldn't have taken it quite so personally or have been so hurt by her action. The level of betrayal he displayed suggested to me, that there is the implication that they might have been briefly intimate off camera. He seemed to think she atleast cared about him. It's not stated straight out, its something that can be inferred...maybe you don't see it that way, and that's fine, but that's what I think about it. :)

Oh well I guess equality is hard to achieve even in a fictional futuristic future.

No one said the Jedi were perfect.

Anyway, while

letting Theron be captured

wasn't a great idea for relationship fostering, but I thought before then there was some kind of ... Spark.

And Theron Shan sure blabs about who Mommy is, so I have no doubt Lana would have no problem with using him for his genetics.

Which may also cause some friction of the less fun kind.

However, if the FS is inherited, and we do not want to form vanilla attachments, the logic dictates begetting Jedi to Jedi children, being raised communally, with the parents never knowing where they went, hence loving all children in that abstract Jedi way, not with a possessive passion of a regular mother. Otherwise, you need an artificial moral conditioning to prevent this such as concentrating the FS inevitably leads to the DS or something. Edited by DomiSotto

I'm not entirely sure but I always read that as they are discouraged from having children just as well. In a way, I'd think that saying "you are allowed to have children but forbidden to form emotional attachements" is not only much more cruel than just saying "don't have children", it also just invites trouble (i.e falling to the darkside out of love) like nothing else.

I think its just interpretation.

1. Fathers can be just as attached to their children as mothers.

2. jedi still form emotional attachments, they have friends, they feel sadness when those friends are gone. Satele has a moment of sadness when her master is gone, she just pushes it aside. you just cannot allow those emotional attachments to overshadow that you are a jedi. that has to come first and foremost. you are supposed to meditate and learn to detach.

3. people can have kids and not feel particularly attached to them, especially if from the start you know that you couldn't be, shouldn't be.

there are many reasons why I find jedi problematic yet interesting to play for entirely different reasons from sith, personally, and this rejection of personal emotion is one of those things. and yes, it is cruel.

but consider this. to some degree, this emotional detachment is something that anyone in position of power needs to be able to do, if you want to be fair. for instance - in our judicial system, technically people with any personal involvement in a case - are not allowed to be participants in that case. has to be someone neutral. in case of jedi - they are all required to be neutral at all times and for some reasons they don't have this idea of just letting another jedi take care of something instead.

but it still doesn't preclude them from having sex and having kids.

Bran, I know the reason why Theron got really upset with Lana because of what she did to him on Rishi, but what I took away from that, is that if there hadn't been something going on prior to the arrival/inclusion of the player character, he wouldn't have taken it quite so personally or have been so hurt by her action. The level of betrayal he displayed suggested to me, that there is the implication that they might have been briefly intimate off camera. He seemed to think she atleast cared about him. It's not stated straight out, its something that can be inferred...maybe you don't see it that way, and that's fine, but that's what I think about it. :)

its what I saw as well. it sounded like he pretty much stopped thinking of her as Sith and the enemy.. and then she went and proved him wrong. good cause or not - its not being captured that pissed him off its that she send him into a trap and didn't tell him, used him

Edited by Jeweledleah

its what I saw as well. it sounded like he pretty much stopped thinking of her as Sith and the enemy.. and then she went and proved him wrong. good cause or not - its not being captured that pissed him off its that she send him into a trap and didn't tell him, used him

Exactly! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one seeing this. :)

Who knows what happened to them in the time the two of them stayed hidden together. He is a handsome man she is a girl, hormones raging they both follow their passion one because he wants to and the other one because she was trained to.

There is no proof that something happened but if we hear Lana had a child and its not the heroes we played the expansion with I will not be surprised.

My assassin would kill her if he ever found out!

Exactly! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one seeing this. :)

I wondered, but you could chalk that up to anything. The aloofness he shows your character as you're first trying to flirt with him I feel would have been given to Lana as well.

I feel like it's just because all they been through together that he was so pissed. They went into hiding together. They had to explicitly trust each other. Doesn't mean they slept together. He looks up to the PC more for all the heroics you're pulling off, especially if you're a Sith and it's hard enough to get him to care on that end.

Nope. Don't believe they slept together.

I wondered, but you could chalk that up to anything. The aloofness he shows your character as you're first trying to flirt with him I feel would have been given to Lana as well.

I feel like it's just because all they been through together that he was so pissed. They went into hiding together. They had to explicitly trust each other. Doesn't mean they slept together. He looks up to the PC more for all the heroics you're pulling off, especially if you're a Sith and it's hard enough to get him to care on that end.

Nope. Don't believe they slept together.

Well that's true enough, but I guess, different people, see different things. For example, perhaps, he as aloof to the PC because he was still into Lana at that point lol. ;D

Well that's true enough, but I guess, different people, see different things. For example, perhaps, he as aloof to the PC because he was still into Lana at that point lol. ;D

You're seeing stuff that is not there, as the game clearly shows

If Lana couldn't let her guard down -- except for the player character -- how would she engage in a romantic relationship with Theron, prior to the player character arriving on Rishi?

Again, there was a friendship building up at best, not something akin to romantic elopement.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Bran, I know the reason why Theron got really upset with Lana because of what she did to him on Rishi, but what I took away from that, is that if there hadn't been something going on prior to the arrival/inclusion of the player character, he wouldn't have taken it quite so personally or have been so hurt by her action.

Pretty sure what she did was reason enough. If someone did that to me, it would erase acres of previous good will.

"Lana and Theron! I bet they did! They're two characters who once talked to each other! And they stopped getting along! So they must have!"

Nothing will make me lose respect for a fandom faster than this sort of halfwit "shipping".

Edited by Max_Killjoy

"Lana and Theron! I bet they did! They're two characters who once talked to each other! And they stopped getting along! So they must have!"

Nothing will make me lose respect for a fandom faster than this sort of halfwit "shipping".

They talked more often than just once, or so it is implied. And I don't see any diehard shippers, more just amused musings.

They talked more often than just once, or so it is implied. And I don't see any diehard shippers, more just amused musings.

Again, as seen

, Lana was unwilling to let her guard down with Theron.

As such, pursuing a romance sounds even more unlikely. That includes one-night stands.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You're seeing stuff that is not there, as the game clearly shows

If Lana couldn't let her guard down -- except for the player character -- how would she engage in a romantic relationship with Theron, prior to the player character arriving on Rishi?

Again, there was a friendship building up at best, not something akin to romantic elopement.

something to note. bioware tends to change a few things, once you initiate romance.

she doesn't think she could let her guard down..... and TELL THERON THAT SHE DOES FEEL SAD AND PAIN AT LOOSING HIS TRUST. you very deliberately snipped off the important part. she regrets losing Theron. but she keeps her guard up NOT becasue nothing could have ever happened, but becasue she remembers that they will soon be at cross purposes again. something that wouldn't be as prevalent on her mind before Revan started making more moves. this cutscene, remember? is pretty far into the story, far enough that you know the end game is about there. also, bear in mind - she's just as apprehensive with republic player character... that you can still pursue her with.

however. these are people who spent a lot of time with each other and almost entirely with each other. they were hiding out together, depending on each other for MONTHS, not knowing when or where something new might happen, not knowing whether they could ever be back to their respective societies again. do you honestly think there's not possibility at all of her going... damn it.. I sure could use some companionship of sexual nature and Theron seems to be all right and seems to like her, I mean even droid notes that Shan is flustered when in that vid he's asked to leave them alone for a moment?

now, I'm not saying it happened. its a Shrodinger relationship in part becasue dynamic could also change depending on whether player did or did not pursue either of them. but dismissing the possibility completely? IMO is wistful thinking