Newb Looking for GSF Help.

DimensionHatross

So I jumped into a couple of games and concluded that A) it's pretty good fun, and B) I'm pretty terrible. Was there a sticky around here with some kind of newb tips to get me started?

I get the feeling the targeting might make the game slightly harder to get adjusted to when playing with lag (OCE), but I'm not ready to dump a rough start on that just yet.

Anyway, just after a few pointers as I can see myself getting into it, but I really don't want to drag the team down too much in the meantime.

Cheers.

Hi welcome to GSF!

As Verain pointed out the best set of written information is the link he posted.

I myself have several videos up on my twitch account to help new players out as well as videos of myself playing in more serious games on youtube. (Links in my signature)

I offer 1 on1 teaching if you're interested in something like that, I also offer video analysis if you want to record yourself playing and send me the video I can go threw it on my own or with you whatever you prefer.

I also have an ask me anything thread up that might be of interest to you if you want to go threw it and find questions maybe you have that I answered already or even post some yourself. If you would rather just post the questions in this thread that would work fine too.

As an aside as of the expansion that came out on December 2nd many GSF components aren't working properly so if something doesn't feel like its working properly you might wanna check in the thread of confirmed bugs someone else put up already.

Have fun flying. :)

Edited by Drakkolich

Man this community is helpful :) Thanks to everyone here.

I'm still wading through the tutorials and vids (really like that Drakkolich one) but already feel like I'm better than I was. Simple stuff (that I had no idea about previously) like adjusting power levels as needed or slowing speed down to track better, has helped so much. Thanks again.

If you're an Bastion might see some of you guys around.

Man this community is helpful :) Thanks to everyone here.

I'm still wading through the tutorials and vids (really like that Drakkolich one) but already feel like I'm better than I was. Simple stuff (that I had no idea about previously) like adjusting power levels as needed or slowing speed down to track better, has helped so much. Thanks again.

If you're an Bastion might see some of you guys around.

My main server is The Bastion I haven't been playing lately cause of all the other games that have come out at the same time (mostly dragon age) but if you ever wanna play a few games together feel free to send me a PM or just post something here. :)

Power settings are one of the coolest features in the game. As you play with them more, you'll realize that the big piece isn't just what you are doing ,it's what you are NOT doing. If you are trying to circle a sat, power AWAY from engines helps you make tight turns, power TO engines helps you create distance.

And remember that you get back your energy faster when you haven't been using it, and that's a big part of power management as well.