Lag & Server Crashes since 3.0

Chazcon

Man, what the heck is going on? The game is more laggy everywhere, but especially in PvP warzones, where it's nearly unplaybale. I don't think I'm the only one who has noticed this. Is there an ETA on a fix?

don't know about PvP zone but we have conversations about this in PvE ..

no you aren't 1 of a kind which might be a bad thing or a good thing..

I have been asking about this too since the only thing we have heard about is the cost of training being removed eventually for good (yeah!!) and the 55th + area issues.

GL though

Yeah I have been having serious lag and framerate drops as well in PvE, too afraid to enter PvP at this point. It has reached the point where even with all my settings at minimum with nameplates all off I now average 10 FPS in a 16m operation on a good day making it near impossible to clear content. At first i thought It was just the generic "everybody on the same planet" lag but apparently not as I and several friends have noticed it while running solo as well. We have all known for a very long time that the implementation of swtor's engine is garbage and seldom gets a performance fix and 3.0 just enhanced these issues imo.

I already have noticed swtor utilities much more memory for its processes than most brand new games as it is, even idling on a stronghold. Really hoping they get this fixed soon otherwise I may have to stop playing and cancel my subscription due to the fact that the enjoyable content is just too laggy to run.

Yeah I have been having serious lag and framerate drops as well in PvE, too afraid to enter PvP at this point. It has reached the point where even with all my settings at minimum with nameplates all off I now average 10 FPS in a 16m operation on a good day making it near impossible to clear content. At first i thought It was just the generic "everybody on the same planet" lag but apparently not as I and several friends have noticed it while running solo as well. We have all known for a very long time that the implementation of swtor's engine is garbage and seldom gets a performance fix and 3.0 just enhanced these issues imo.

I already have noticed swtor utilities much more memory for its processes than most brand new games as it is, even idling on a stronghold. Really hoping they get this fixed soon otherwise I may have to stop playing and cancel my subscription due to the fact that the enjoyable content is just too laggy to run.

ouch .. my FPS doesn't go that low (20 or so at worst) though I do have instances of pausing and wait for the game and server to catch up with one another..

I think for me this was why my tanks became unplayable since the companion and my attacks defenses come off my end NPCS attack of theirs so if lag spikes you get no heals, no attacks and no defense while still taking damage.. this has I believed killed me more than a few times though it has been a bit better today and might be the reasoning for the login Queues tonight to test and maybe rectify the issue..

GL to you :)

This has not been addressed yet it seems. While in ToS last evening, I was sitting at a latency of more than 4 times my usual latency and was experiencing frame rates varying from 50 fps (standing still) to 4 fps (in boss fight). It was almost unplayable. There were only 32 people in our "instance" as well.

Most of my guild members are encountering this to a greater or lesser degree and even the most stalwart lovers of the game amongst them are grumbling about not playing until this issue is resolved. BW, you'd best figure out a way to resolve this ***** quickly lest you start to lose players in droves!

Most of my guild members are encountering this to a greater or lesser degree and even the most stalwart lovers of the game amongst them are grumbling about not playing until this issue is resolved. BW, you'd best figure out a way to resolve this ***** quickly lest you start to lose players in droves!

Same in my guild. Almost everyone has reduced their graphic settings after 3.0, which have helped some in pve, but doesn't seem to do much for pvp. Most are just sitting and waiting "for bw to fix this", but judging by a mail conversation posted over in customer service, bw doesn't even seem to think there's a problem.

And lets not even talk 16 man ops, who were ***** pre 3.0. We're simply not doing them anymore.

Edited by cvak

I have lag without latency, as in, I'll run constant 40ms ping and yet have 3 second ability delay...but its not just ability delay...everything stops for 2 or 3 seconds, acting as if it were lag.

Also I've been having this new thing happen...i'll completely redline then crash, game will say my connection was lost, even though my internet is up and running fine, then when I try to get back into the game the launcher will take FOREVER to start, and when I hit play it just...disappears. No SWTOR running in processes, nothing.

All of this is new with 3.0.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.