Devoted Allies Assault Blaster Pistol - Cannot be equipped by C2-N2

nekogunner

Hey folks,

As of 3.1, your ship droids will have completed a Basic Marksmanship course and will be able to equip weapons that they are listed on.

Tait

THANK YOU!!!

Yes I was shouting. I am happy about this news.

I play SWTOR for the Droids. I say again I play SWTOR for the Droids.

I was in Beta and I suggested Droid Engineer then, someone from Bioware posted some good reasons why there is no DE class in game and I do understand the reasons they gave. That still has not stopped me from wanting to push a Class as far towards DE as I can get it. IMO there is no where near enough Droid options for Crew members and so many possibilities not utilized. If I want Biological Companions I can get them in real life.

Hint Hint. Droids. You KNOW what I like. ;)

Thank You again :)

Edited by Kyrmius

Will the introduction cutscene reflect this change, or have you guys forgotten C2-N2 and 2V-R8 claim they're not combat-equipped? :p

Well, they aren't when the cut scene happens. Bonus points if the devs add a quick conversation quest which you have to do in order to "upgrade" their abilities.

A medic can also heal. Doesn't mean he's automatically qualified to shoot people with a gun.

Regardless, my question stands. :D

When I was a Combat Medic years ago I could heal AND I was quite proficient with first a 45 and then a 9mm thank you very much. I fail to see why any healer in SWTOR, even a Droid, could not do the same.

Even the Kingpin TommyGun with Butler Outfit would fit right in IMO. Just look at some the situations the Smuggler get's into and tell me it won't fit right in.

Will the introduction cutscene reflect this change, or have you guys forgotten C2-N2 and 2V-R8 claim they're not combat-equipped? :p

I seriously hope they make a short and concise shipboard mission cutscene so we can formally tell our ship droid to upgrade itself or allow us to make the upgrade (for us Cybertechs). Points for them if they do.

Edited by Kyrmius

Hey folks,

As of 3.1, your ship droids will have completed a Basic Marksmanship course and will be able to equip weapons that they are listed on.

Tait

Wow ! After so many years ! Finally !!!!!!

I seriously hope they make a short and concise shipboard mission cutscene so we can formally tell our ship droid to upgrade itself or allow us to make the upgrade (for us Cybertechs). Points for them if they do.

Now THAT would be just great ! :D

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 4 weeks later...
Wow ! After so many years ! Finally !!!!!!

For most of beta testing the ship droids could use pistols and fight

They intentionally disabled the droids ability to hold a gun because they wanted to encourage people to use the companions that actually had storyline commentary while leveling up

Otherwise people were using the droid (since he's a healer) and were basically missing out on all the good commentary because he has none

3 years later they just don't care. It's the same issue you face with using treek or hk on an alt, you get no comments during storylines

I've replayed several area and storylines with different companions just to see what they all say, its some of the funniest moments in the game and you pretty much miss out on a lot of jokes using the droids or treek

* snip *

This is partially inaccurate however.

Though it is true both C2-N2 and 2V-R8 could have a blaster pistol equipped in early stages of the Closed Beta, HK-51 does comment on stuff, provided you walk on foot, like any other companion -- starting with Nar Shaddaa.

C2-N2 and 2V-R8 ALSO comment on stuff throughout Makeb, like all the others.

Treek is the only companion in the whole game that is silent throughout our adventures.

^^ All the above is prior to SoR of course.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Not silent enough.

True. :(

Plus, she's NOT silent on Rishi, unlike the vast majority of our companions. She is on Yavin 4 though, just like HK-51. Issue being, I am fairly sure their comments there are bugged for some reason. Still need to create a thread on that one.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

This is partially inaccurate however.

Though it is true both C2-N2 and 2V-R8 could have a blaster pistol equipped in early stages of the Closed Beta, HK-51 does comment on stuff, provided you walk on foot, like any other companion -- starting with Nar Shaddaa.

Treek is the only companion in the whole game that is silent throughout our adventures.

HK-51 did not exist in beta or at launch and has nothing to do with my comment; treek also is a later addition to the game and was not in beta or launch

As for C2-N2 and 2V-R8; they say nothing during most conversations points in the story. The walking around comments are not really what I was talking about.

Play through every class storyline and during conversations: escape out, switch companions and start the convo's again with each companion for each class. I've played through 35 characters at this point (multiples of every class). It's only the 5 unique companions for each class line that fully interact with the storyline conversations (and it's whoever you picked up the most recent that will have the most to say for any given chapter to the end of 3)

What you are talking about are environmental/location comments.

HK-51 did not exist in beta or at launch and has nothing to do with my comment; treek also is a later addition to the game and was not in beta or launch

As for C2-N2 and 2V-R8; they say nothing during most conversations points in the story. The walking around comments are not really what I was talking about.

Play through every class storyline and during conversations: escape out, switch companions and start the convo's again with each companion for each class. I've played through 35 characters at this point (multiples of every class). It's only the 5 unique companions for each class line that fully interact with the storyline conversations (and it's whoever you picked up the most recent that will have the most to say for any given chapter to the end of 3)

This is the bug report forum not the general discussion forum.

Stop bumping threads about bugs that have already been fixed.

Edited by Sindariel

I assumed that was obvious from the very beginning. Duh! :rolleyes:

Great reading skills you have. I applaud you!

Edited by Darth_Wicked