Expunging Camouflage Is BROKEN for Sentinels (Possibly Not Marauders)

revcrisis

Not sure if this is broken for Marauders, but it is DEFINITELY broken for Sentinels. It is not removing cleanable effects such as stuns, roots, and snares. We tested this extensively on my Sentinel. Rooted for 5 seconds, popped Camo, root did not break. Edited by revcrisis

Not sure if this is broken for Marauders, but it is DEFINITELY broken for Sentinels. It is not removing cleanable effects such as stuns, roots, and snares. We tested this extensively on my Sentinel. Rooted for 5 seconds, popped Camo, root did not break.

We have tested it yesterday with my sentinel and a guild mate sage by taking only 1 heroic utility.

It's far more than just broken.

Expunging Camouflage does nothing when you use Force Camouflage (no anti-root, no cleanse, NOTHING).

In fact, the Fleetfooted utility DOES work for the anti-root but also makes the cleanse on Force Camouflage work !

It seems that the cleanse effect from Expunging Camouflage has been coded into the Fleetfooted utility instead of the Expunging Camouflage one.

I hope BW will read this thread !

I think I can shed some additional light into this bug. Firstly, I'd like to mention that while there clearly is a bug, there are some mistakes in the OP since Force Camo is not intended to remove stuns under any circumstances; the utility makes it remove cleansable effects, but it does not allow using Force Camo while incapacitated. It's also not supposed to remove dots cast by players, since those are no longer cleansable effects.

Anyway, with this in mind, I tried it first with a Gunslinger casting Diversion, since it's cleansable. Force Camo correctly removed it when I had Expunging Camouflage, and didn't remove it when I had Fleetfooted. So Expunging Camo works to some extent (but is still broken, as I later found out).

Next, I tried it against Leg Shot, i.e. against a movement impair. Using Force Camo did nothing when I had Expunging Camo picked; it also did nothing with no utilities. However, when I had Fleetfooted, Force Camo did remove the movement impair, even though only Transcendence should.

Finally, I tested it against a dot cast by a mob (specifically, the stacking burn effect from a Revanite Loyalist on Yavin 4), which should be cleansable. No combination of utilities made Force Camo cleanse this, not Expunging Camouflage, not Fleetfooted, nothing.

So, my conclusions: Expunging Camouflage seems to only work on cleansable effects that are neither damage over time nor movement impairing effects; meanwhile, Fleetfooted makes Force Camo remove movement impairs even though it shouldn't.

Just in case it's relevant for the devs, I tested this on a level 60 Watchman Sentinel, and my other utilities (needed to be able to pick the heroic utilities) were Jedi Crusader, Trailblazer and Defensive Forms from the first tier, and Defensive Roll + Force Fade from the second tier; I used that same combination of utilities for every single test mentioned above (except of course the bit where I had no utilities). I doubt it's caused by anything other than the two heroic utilities, though.

• 4 weeks later...