Revan Reborn Set Feedback

elyaas

To whom it may concern:

I am one of those individuals who decided to buy over one hyper-crate in a vain attempt to acquire the Revan Reborn set. (3 hypercrates, to be specific). Not only was I disappointed that I only got a pair of greaves and the belt, but I went ahead and spent credits and bought the breastplate off another player this morning.

Below are pictures of the "animations" of the hood:

In action: http://imgur.com/aUoc2BW

In Character Select: http://imgur.com/TCczkDq

Now, I am personally befuddled that this problem still exists in an item that is behind such a large real-life currency barrier. Frankly, it disgusts me. I was already disgruntled enough after I didn't see the breastplate in over sixty packs. But after this, it's discouraged me from spending another dime on cartel coins.

Please fix this. I've burned enough money on this game and this shouldn't be something I have to deal with as a paying player.

Regretfully yours,

Lord Lynfear - The Harbinger

EDIT: After further research, I have discovered that this is a problem specifically with the female body size one. See additional images below:

Size 1: http://imgur.com/WmE6ScH

Size 2: http://imgur.com/NzmR0Nt

Size 3: http://imgur.com/CmVmRcf

Size 4: http://i.imgur.com/gu2L4Un.jpg

Edited by elyaas

This should be in bug reports.

Either way, there's probably hundreds of clipping issues, if not thousands at this point in the game.

Bioware rarely fixes them, but good luck :cool:

Quick edit: I did see someone running around in full set and there was zero issues that I could see.

Also, after a quick search I found no other complaints about your issue. Maybe an isolated incident?

Edited by KTap

This should be in bug reports.

Either way, there's probably hundreds of clipping issues, if not thousands at this point in the game.

Bioware rarely fixes them, but good luck :cool:

Quick edit: I did see someone running around in full set and there was zero issues that I could see.

I have dealt with much of the clipping issues already. I just deal with it. It shocked me that the Balanced Combatant Set had clipping issues just like the original set, but again, a little clipping I can deal with.

This one obliterates them all. It's not even just clipping. The cloak literally doesn't move at all. My boots go straight through it. And beyond that, it's angled on my back. :mad:

Glad to see the QA for high-profile CM armor sets has improved greatly with the release of 3.0.

Always a pleasure to see their fine work.

Edited by elyaas

I have dealt with much of the clipping issues already. I just deal with it. It shocked me that the Balanced Combatant Set had clipping issues just like the original set, but again, a little clipping I can deal with.

This one obliterates them all. It's not even just clipping. The cloak literally doesn't move at all. My boots go straight through it. And beyond that, it's angled on my back. :mad:

Always a pleasure to see their fine work.

Did you try relogging? Maybe repairing the game through the launcher?

Like I said, I didn't find any other complaints so maybe it was just a 1 time thing hopefully!

Now, I am personally befuddled that this problem still exists in an item that is behind such a large real-life currency barrier.

It's not behind a paywall. ou could have waited for other people to buy packs and put the armor on the GTN, just like I did for Theron's boots.

You chose to buy 3 hypercrates and gamble on getting those pieces. Own your choices.

As an update, I met a body size 3 male toon that had it on and it doesn't do the same thing.

My character is female size 1... So I wonder if the testing just missed certain body types.

Did you try relogging? Maybe repairing the game through the launcher?

Like I said, I didn't find any other complaints so maybe it was just a 1 time thing hopefully!

I did, several times. Tried zoning. Reset fully. Meh. :(

It's not behind a paywall. ou could have waited for other people to buy packs and put the armor on the GTN, just like I did for Theron's boots.

You chose to buy 3 hypercrates and gamble on getting those pieces. Own your choices.

I get your argument, and I am not sad at buying three crates. I am sad that what is being advertised is not what I am receiving. I'm not going to argue the paywall thing. We will argue each other into rhetorical circles until we die.

Edited by elyaas

I get your argument, and I am not sad at buying three crates. I am sad that what is being advertised is not what I am receiving. I'm not going to argue the paywall thing. We will argue each other into rhetorical circles until we die.

So your complaint is not that it's behind a paywall (it isn't), but that it apparently isn't rigged properly (or at all) for some body types.

Good, stick to that instead of tossing out hyperbolic red herrings.

lol. It still behind a pay wall since the only way to get it is for someone to have paid. If no one paid it wouldn't show up on the GTN.

lol. It still behind a pay wall since the only way to get it is for someone to have paid. If no one paid it wouldn't show up on the GTN.

He is trolling. I would consider just ignoring his posts.

As for furthering the discussion on the bugged cloak, I have discovered that this bug is apparently tied to the Female Body Size 1. See the OP for details.

He is trolling. I would consider just ignoring his posts.

As for furthering the discussion on the bugged cloak, I have discovered that this bug is apparently tied to the Female Body Size 1. See the OP for details.

Ah that is interesting... Time to go body type 3 imo :p

I was thinking two myself. I'm going to wait to see if they're planning on fixing this. I reported it in game though.

I was joking of course, body type 3 is huge!

2 looks great though :)

Edited by KTap

It's not behind a paywall for the OP since you can buy it on the GTN for in-game credits. The fact that someone else had to pay real money to put it on the GTN is irrelevant to the OP.

e: And body type 2 for life. 1 is scrawny, 3 has this weird Amazonian thing going (for ladies anyway), and I never really found the whole 'big fat guy' body 4 thing funny.

Edited by Ryllynyth

It's not behind a paywall for the OP since you can buy it on the GTN for in-game credits. The fact that someone else had to pay real money to put it on the GTN is irrelevant to the OP.

e: And body type 2 for life. 1 is scrawny, 3 has this weird Amazonian thing going (for ladies anyway), and I never really found the whole 'big fat guy' body 4 thing funny.

I changed to body type two. I'll post a picture later when I have my look 100% figured out. I'll see what happens w/the ticket.

I also shelled out for the Breastplate on my smallish women character. I get the most ridiculous animation where half the cloak flies up and half is stuck rigid. It looks TERRIBLE!!!!!!! Basically like you are wearing a coat hanger.

I bought off the GTN with my hard earned saved credits...and put an expensive white/white dye on it I had saved as well... :(

I REALLY REALLY hope they fix it in an update

Please post whether changing body type worked and whether the ticket got any response!

Sorry been busy the last several days. I have a picture I have been meaning to post that I will hopefully do tomorrow.

Changing the body did work. I have now changed to body 2 and everything looks great. It's a real shame that the mesh isn't weighted on the size 1 body.

I got a reply from CS with some blanket text that essentially told me to post in the suggestion forums. Really ricked me, but I'm over it. I'd love to get myself changed back to my old body type and have my CC spent reverted eventually, but I doubt it'll happen.