WITHOUT 12X EXP, this game is unplayable

Zanatic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

Have you tried playing as a free-to-play player after lvl.20?

This is where the "You can see the whole story without spending a god damn cent" mentality comes in. To which I almost want to respond to half the time with "Sure if you like bashing your head against the wall".

This is where the "You can see the whole story without spending a gosh darn cent" mentality comes in. To which I almost want to respond to half the time with "Sure if you like bashing your head against the wall".

To me, most of the class stories are more of a side show. An engaging one, true, but the real meat of the plot is in the planetary questlines, the flashpoints, and the endgame. This isn't the story of how eight heroes rose to power, it's the story of the Galactic Cold War.

LOL

Have you tried playing as a free-to-play player after lvl.20?

I think they missed the "If you hate grind on regular subscriber-mode, you would hate F2P/Pref leveling" comment you seem to be making (from my interpretation).

To the topic: OP, that is an exaggeration, and you know it. The game is not "unplayable" without 12x EXP, it is "back to normal, and leveling is less fast, maybe even tedious depending on how a person levels up".

This evening I will even hope over to my level 32 sage who is still on Alderaan, and y'know what'll happen? I'll finish gearing her up from the level 15 stuff she's wearing to the stuff my Cybertech made for her, and then finish my first chapter, and then move on to Balmorra and do the ol' fashioned way all over again and I'll be just fine. Except saving my comms up and having the Cybertech make mods for all of my alts from now on...

Wouldn't say its unplayable, certainly tedious, especially if you've done all the class stories already, and aren't really interested in doing them again with the grind, and especially if you have limited playing time.

Thats the thing with MMO's, you keep moving the goalposts further away with every expansion, after a while, people simply wont even bother joining the game to have a go.

At least make it an option in some way, and for those who like the repeated grind, fair play to you.

I agree whole-heartedly with this comment.

Indeed. Amazingly enough, the game is just as playable now for me as it was prior to December 2nd. Maybe a bit more laggy at times, but certainly very much playable - planetary side missions and all. In fact, I have had little trouble playing any of the missions again on each and every character I have (16+ toons). No problems that I can see. It seems what the OP is actually having issues with is asinine hyperbole.

i sorta agree with the OP but then again ive been saying the normal leveling in this game is boring as heck. all the side filler planetary quests are the worst and after you have completed them the first time they become even worse the second time round. though i also found during the 12X leveling the story quests were down right boring as well... especially makeb!!! there is a reason i just recently got my two oldest toons up to level 55... i started them day one.

i sorta agree with the OP but then again ive been saying the normal leveling in this game is boring as heck. all the side filler planetary quests are the worst and after you have completed them the first time they become even worse the second time round.

A statement like "the side filler planetary quests are the worst" mystifies me.

I remember the first time I went to Tatooine on a pub, I really enjoyed the planetary questline. The industrial espionage aspect of Czerka was interesting, the "thing in the desert" was interesting, and how I handled it seemed appropriate.

Or when I did the Belsavis planetary questline on my imp

freeing the Dread Masters

kicked off the entire end-game operations storyline from Eternity Vault all the way through to Dread Palace.

The Ilum planetary questline (culminating in the BoI and FE flashpoints) was quite enjoyable as well.

Now, this isn't to say that doing the same things over and over against isn't boring as heck. But you seem to think the planetary stories are "the worst" the very first time you do it.

Are we even playing the same game?

Edited by Khevar

It's not unplayable, it's just that same feeling you get when you've been driving on the highway and then get off at the exit and drive on the city streets. The speed limit on the city street suddenly feels like a snails pace. But it felt perfectly fine BEFORE you got on the highway.

I agree.

Did some oricon etc.. and i landed at 56.

---

I started at level 56.

1. I did whole new storyline.

2. I did some sidequests

3. I did new FP's 18 times

3. I did all dailies on Yavin 4 times

I am still level 59.1 .. it's getting so slow, it will take me half a year if i want to level my toons to level 60.

So i'll go play another game and wait for 12x or 2x xp week.

For level 60 weekly i get 46k XP that's less than makeb storyline mission.

:confused:

Edited by -Spc

I dunno - 12xp kinda spoiled me. When I first got to Rishi, my instinct was to ignore sidequests. Then I realized - HEY! I need those! Leveling fast for just story is fine, but leveling like that all the time takes the point out of leveling. They might as well just say "Do these five story quests and we'll insta-pop you o 60." While that might be nice for some, I think that leveling has to be at least PART of the game. Can you imagine how fast the content-locusts would get upset if they didn't have to level?

I agree with those saying it was fun the first time around. But after levelling multiple toons you end up doing the same quests with the same story over and over. That is not fun.

Personally I have done those side missions so many times I refuse to do them anymore, they literally make me want to stop playing the game. The x12 experience would be the only way I would even consider levelling anything else these days.

Enjoyed it while it was here, leveled two new characters to 55 and got them geared on Oricon.

That being said kinda glad it's gone now so I can go back to a relaxed pace, with more options for dark/light choices again.

I wouldn't be upset if they brought it back for a weekend now and then, but i don't think i'd want it around forever.