Vicious Slash pointless once you get Shatter?

Tierdal

Am I the only one who replaces it with ravage and just cancels that after 2 hits (if something useful comes off CD)? Seems to be the more damaging option and costs you no rage.

It seems like a far too weak skill for what it does and costs. The only situation where I could see it being used is when you are swimming in rage because you constantly get damage and even then you are probably able to burn the rage more effectively with retaliation (assuming you get hit).

Then again I'm not max level yet (42) and have no endgame experience

Am I the only one who replaces it with ravage and just cancels that after 2 hits (if something useful comes off CD)? Seems to be the more damaging option and costs you no rage.

It seems like a far too weak skill for what it does and costs. The only situation where I could see it being used is when you are swimming in rage because you constantly get damage and even then you are probably able to burn the rage more effectively with retaliation (assuming you get hit).

Then again I'm not max level yet (42) and have no endgame experience

No I personally do that alot...although letting ravage run its course is good... it does alot of damage

I've found vicious slash is more useful in PvP. With its instant recharge it gives me a damage dealing skill to use while I wait for smash or force scream to cd. For me the only time I can ever pull a ravage in PvP is to get the quick one 2 when some1 doesn't notice me or during a force choke (Im immortal spec so I don't have a channel during choke) Edited by Sephorai

I've found vicious slash is more useful in PvP. With its instant recharge it gives me a damage dealing skill to use while I wait for smash or force scream to cd. For me the only time I can ever pull a ravage in PvP is to get the quick one 2 when some1 doesn't notice me or during a force choke (Im immortal spec so I don't have a channel during choke)

this is mostly about veng where you get 2 more rage using abilities

• 3 weeks later...

i wonder if vicious slash is better than shatter while shatter is still running the dot...

the dots dont stack. i havent checked tho but im sure the cd is shorter than 12sec (thats the dot time)

cause if you think about it, sides the dot, shatter and vicious slash do the same face dmg. but vicious slash is 2 rage cheaper

While shatter and it's dot aren't necessarily super awesome damage, they aren't physical like slash. This mean's shields don't work on it and resistances won't be as high sometimes. As long as you are using smash/impale/scream/shatter/sunder something is usually off CD and theres no room for a slash usually.