Do not use your basic comms!

Yezzan

h alli,

i recently got my 1st lvl 55 due to 12xXP in Makeb (do i need to finish the class story here). but i have not gear my trooper appropriately ...based on wat i read here, i should not get any gears from makeb vendor?

But will i be under geared for the new expansion content??

So where should i get some decent gears then?

Run Forged Alliances in solo mode.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who purchase Shadow of Revan. When you get the quest to go Rishi, you will get 297 basic commendations to buy basic gear. This will get you rating 162 gear from jthe vendors there.

But regardless of what your gear is don't use your comms. The Shadow of Revan quests will award you with a FULL set of gear (rating 178 i think) before you have to do the first flash point. The only thing you need to buy with your comms are the relics, if you do not have already.

It was a bit challenging at first but i think it was because of the massive lag.

EDIT: you HAVE to do Forged Alliances before you can do the Shadow of Revan progression. Therefore, you should have a few pieces of decent gear from Korriban Incursion, Assault on Thyton, Depts of Manan and Rakata prime. And the artifcat gear drops from those FPs are rating 162.

It'll be a while before I get to Rishi, but I'll keep this thread in mind.

I was wondering what to put in those relic spots, since I'm level 50 and they're still empty. The relics on the auction house are insanely pricey. I'll wait until Rishi to fill them.

Edited by Sharzade

It'll be a while before I get to Rishi, but I'll keep this thread in mind.

I was wondering what to put in those relic spots, since I'm level 50 and they're still empty. The relics on the auction house are insanely pricey. I'll wait until Rishi to fill them.

Artificers can currently craft the BiS relics until Resurrected 192. Pretty cheap, too.

Agreed.

Only exception would be if you're over the basic comms cap, in which case it might be worthwhile to buy some 55 gear and refund it every two hours to avoid losing out on all of the basic comms that drop during the storyline.

Or you could just transfer the comms to alts (buy mods, put in legacy cargo hold, pick up and redeem on alt).

There is no point in buying 162/168 rating gear before you go to Rishii because they will only last you for about 30 mins of play time..

While that would be true if you are talking 162/168 gear, I was specifically talking about buying 172 rating mods. If you have only 148 or 156 rating gear/mods, it does make things much easier if you upgrade them to 172 before doing Rishi. Also, and even more importantly, it's good to upgrade at least your healer companion to 172s.

This might not apply so much if you do things in a group, but if you are going solo, the increase gear level really helps.

Edit - It may also be worthwhile to 162 level Earpiece and Implants for your healer comp.

Edited by JediQuaker

While that would be true if you are talking 162/168 gear, I was specifically talking about 172 rating mods. If you have only 156 or 162 rating gear/mods, it does make things much easier if you upgrade them to 172 before doing Rishi. Also, and even more importantly, it's good to upgrade at least your healer companion to 172s.

This might not apply so much if you do things in a group, but if you are going solo, the increase gear level really helps.

Rishi isn't hard. Yavin has some tough fights, but by then you'll be in full 168 with some 172.

So... getting some mixed information from this thread.

Some say wait until level 60 to use your comms since you get a full set (including weapon?) of 178 gear from just doing the story missions. Which, makes perfect sense to me.

Others say upgrade your gear to 162/168 with your comms. But, why if you get free and better gear from the story? I'm not saying you shouldn't, I'm just wondering the reasoning behind it. Since I don't have knowledge of the expansion since I pre ordered November 5th, it sounds like buying gear with comms is wasting them.

Is it just to make it easier? My PT (my new main) is in 156/162 gear with no relics. I can easily solo the Oricon dailies, and my companion (Blizz!! <3) is in very mixed gear. He has 18k HP, I have 26k. Still, Oricon is no problem. Would you recommend upgrading my gear before the expansion? I don't need to steamroll the expansion, just be able to do it. If I survive the fights with 1 hp, fine. As long as I did. Thanks!

EDIT: you HAVE to do Forged Alliances before you can do the Shadow of Revan progression.

You do not. Go to Rishi, start Rishi quest, you get warned that the prelude is skipped if you continue. Nice feature, really. Though, I do not know why one would want to skip, seeing that the prelude gives serious exp, and is fast to do.

So... getting some mixed information from this thread.

Some say wait until level 60 to use your comms since you get a full set (including weapon?) of 178 gear from just doing the story missions. Which, makes perfect sense to me.

Others say upgrade your gear to 162/168 with your comms. But, why if you get free and better gear from the story? I'm not saying you shouldn't, I'm just wondering the reasoning behind it. Since I don't have knowledge of the expansion since I pre ordered November 5th, it sounds like buying gear with comms is wasting them.

Is it just to make it easier? My PT (my new main) is in 156/162 gear with no relics. I can easily solo the Oricon dailies, and my companion (Blizz!! <3) is in very mixed gear. He has 18k HP, I have 26k. Still, Oricon is no problem. Would you recommend upgrading my gear before the expansion? I don't need to steamroll the expansion, just be able to do it. If I survive the fights with 1 hp, fine. As long as I did. Thanks!

The starter quests on Oricon will give you 158 rating gear (cant' remember if its 152 or 158) but that is what I started Rishii with on my Marauder. And Mara's are very squishy. My comp was worst geared and I did Rishi and Yavin 4 no problem.

All the quest will give you a piece of gear. I am probably the worst player on Harbinger lol and if I did it; most people should be able to do it too.

The starter quests on Oricon will give you 158 rating gear (cant' remember if its 152 or 158) but that is what I started Rishii with on my Marauder. And Mara's are very squishy. My comp was worst geared and I did Rishi and Yavin 4 no problem.

All the quest will give you a piece of gear. I am probably the worst player on Harbinger lol and if I did it; most people should be able to do it too.

It's 156 gear that you get from Oricon.

You do not. Go to Rishi, start Rishi quest, you get warned that the prelude is skipped if you continue. Nice feature, really. Though, I do not know why one would want to skip, seeing that the prelude gives serious exp, and is fast to do.

Yeah if you have guild bonus, legacy bonus and general buff active it is worth a good 2 levels of xp, plus since most of my characters had gearing issues since I levelled them during 12x xp the 162 gear you get is really helpful. The god droid you get in solo mode makes it almost impossible to die (I say almost as sometimes I did not pay as much attention to the game as I should have and did in fact die)

Thank you for the info, but in my post I already stated I have 156/162 gear and that Oricon is pretty easy, haha.

Is the gear from the SoR quest moddable? I really like my current look, and would like to just take the mods out in replace the mods I have now.

Thank you for the info, but in my post I already stated I have 156/162 gear and that Oricon is pretty easy, haha.

Is the gear from the SoR quest moddable? I really like my current look, and would like to just take the mods out in replace the mods I have now.

It is, no worries.

Hey Guys,

So I played right on launch and got to level 50 without finishing the main story...recently I came back and finished my main story and levelled some alts and my main is now 55.

My Gear is 140 with purple I think level 25 mods (or 28 whatever the highest I could buy with normal coms pre-expansion). I haven't done any of the Ilum flashpoints, or any of the Rise of the Hutts (which I what I assume is Makeb when people discuss it).

My question is this

What the heck should I do? My main is poorly geared I gather as he is 140 and you guys are talking about 192 gear sets :eek: my companions are even worse...if I do Rise of the Hutts will I get better gear (ideally just better mods as I have sweet looking robes) my Lightsaber has a cartel market crystal +41 power...is that decent?

Actually I guess my real question is there a place I can learn what FP's I can do solo, what I should be doing to get myself ready to do the new expansion content, is there a site that gives like a guide on how to enter into endgame?

Hey Guys,

So I played right on launch and got to level 50 without finishing the main story...recently I came back and finished my main story and levelled some alts and my main is now 55.

My Gear is 140 with purple I think level 25 mods (or 28 whatever the highest I could buy with normal coms pre-expansion). I haven't done any of the Ilum flashpoints, or any of the Rise of the Hutts (which I what I assume is Makeb when people discuss it).

My question is this

What the heck should I do? My main is poorly geared I gather as he is 140 and you guys are talking about 192 gear sets :eek: my companions are even worse...if I do Rise of the Hutts will I get better gear (ideally just better mods as I have sweet looking robes) my Lightsaber has a cartel market crystal +41 power...is that decent?

Actually I guess my real question is there a place I can learn what FP's I can do solo, what I should be doing to get myself ready to do the new expansion content, is there a site that gives like a guide on how to enter into endgame?

See the thread you started here for answers.

Hey Guys,

My question is this

Yes Hutt cartel is the xpac name, the planet is Makeb.

First of all ea gave the retarded kid the dps nerf bat, and the kid went full retard ( you never go full retard), and 192 gear is now only what 180 was before.

Your crystal is fine, they have not raised crystals past +41, doubt they will as it would mean having to redo all previous crystals.

Sub, get the SOR expansion, with it you can solo the forged alliance FP story, you pick it up on your ship, they give you a tank/dps/healer all in one comp to help you, I did it in purple 140 gear, I died once, but that is because it seems if you level up during a solo fp you loose the droid and have to res it.

The point of doing FA solo is it will give you orange moddible stuff, with green 162, so far I have only done a little past those FA fp, but it has been enough, also when you finish you are given 3 boxes, each with 99 basic comms, so you can always buy better gear if you want, but seems most people can do without buying new gear, I am saving to gear my healer.

Then while doing Rishi you get 168 gear, I have heard you get 176 gear from Yarvin.

What should you be doing to get ready for the new xpac, have time to do it, and patience, so far what I have done sucks, you do not need to worry about money, training abilities is being removed tonights patch.

No guide for end game really, Dulfy has a guide for end game gearing on her website, but its out of date with the changes to 3.0, namely alacrity is not useless any more.

Sit down and read through this.

http://dulfy.net/

Edited by AussieAlan

Then while doing Rishi you get 168 gear, I have heard you get 176 gear from Yarvin.

What should you be doing to get ready for the new xpac, have time to do it, and patience, so far what I have done sucks, you do not need to worry about money, training abilities is being removed tonights patch.

No guide for end game really, Dulfy has a guide for end game gearing on her website, but its out of date with the changes to 3.0, namely alacrity is not useless any more.

Sit down and read through this.

http://dulfy.net/

Completing Rishi will give you a full set of 178 gear before the final Flashpoint.

Depends on how many comms you have. When I logged in the other day I was already at max so I purchased 172 comms for me and my boyfriend so I could spend them down as 1000 is the cap and I was at 1500 and unable to get more so it was more advisable for me to spend them.

So it would depend on how many comms someone has when they logged into the game.

Now I already have 5 pieces of 186.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Depends on how many comms you have. When I logged in the other day I was already at max so I purchased 172 comms for me and my boyfriend so I could spend them down as 1000 is the cap and I was at 1500 and unable to get more so it was more advisable for me to spend them.

So it would depend on how many comms someone has when they logged into the game.

Now I already have 5 pieces of 186.

You can always buy the bind-to-legacy Basic crafting schematics for 60 comms each, send them to an alt using your legacy storage, return them for full price, and repeat the return them to your main.

There are Basic Comm vendors on the fleet (and perhaps elsewhere) that will sell you 186 rating pieces that require level 60. They're in the same area that the Basic, Elite, and Ultimate comm vendors have always been.

Each piece is 80 to 140 comms, as before.

Edited by JediQuaker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.