It seems that *all* prefab decorations are now bugged

Evil_Dave

It looks like 3.0 bugged all the decorations that are available from the prefab droids. They don't show up in my decoration list at all anymore, and when I try to interact with the ones that I've already placed in my strongholds, the Edit Mode window incorrectly displays the first decoration listed alphabetically from the same category and won't allow me to manipulate it at all.

Any idea what's going on here?

Gotta say this exceeded my expectations for "usual expansion launch bugs". Not only none of the broken decorations have been fixed (Selkath Console, Hunter Table) nor missing ones have been added (Generator Nodes for warone comms, Computers for Dark Projects etc) but on top of that they managed to break crafted decorations in this patch.

It's time to halt new Cartel Packs getting released with new decorations and get the current mess fixed first, it's gotten beyond ridiculous point now, the entire housing system is going backwards instead of being improved

Edited by Pietrastor

Sadly confirmed. To elaborate a bit on the issue:

1) You can't see any of the prefab decorations (decorations purchased from the prefab droids) in the decoration menu

2) Due to 1), you can't place any of the prefab decorations even if you own them

3) The already placed prefab decorations are still there, however you can't adjust their position/rotation, and if you pick them up, you can't place them again due to 2)

While not a gamebreaking bug (fixing the latency for example certainly should have priority) it is in my opinion a major issue since not one, but dozens of decorations are "broken". A developer's acknowledgement of the problem would be very appreciated at this point.

EDIT: Here are other threads on this issue:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=779132

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=779174

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=779179

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=779097

Edited by Danylia

It looks like 3.0 bugged all the decorations that are available from the prefab droids. They don't show up in my decoration list at all anymore, and when I try to interact with the ones that I've already placed in my strongholds, the Edit Mode window incorrectly displays the first decoration listed alphabetically from the same category and won't allow me to manipulate it at all.

Any idea what's going on here?

I have the exact same issue with the Statue of Eternal Grace that's sold by the Collector's Edition vendor.

A developer's acknowledgement of the problem would be very appreciated at this point.
I'm getting tired of acknowledgments. It's time they started actually fixing them instead of adding them to the long list of things they aren't doing.

I'm getting tired of acknowledgments. It's time they started actually fixing them instead of adding them to the long list of things they aren't doing.

Its only been 1 day, between the lag on Rishi and Yavin and a bunch of other problems in quests and ops I think decorations is one of the lesser priorities at the moment, still important but not as important as the game working period

Edited by Sangrar

We are aware of the issues with Decorations and are looking into it.

Thanks for your posts!

I hope you know it's not just the prefab decorations that are messed up, a bunch of others are also being revealed that they go missing or don't even show up.

Please look into ALL stronghold decorations problems.

P.S. Thanks for fixing the Metropolitan Bench problem. But I'm scared to even touch anything now for fear they may go missing or the new renamed ones might go missing now.

Edited by Banthabreeder

Its only been 1 day, between the lag on Rishi and Yavin and a bunch of other problems in quests and ops I think decorations is one of the lesser priorities at the moment, still important but not as important as the game working period
It's a general comment about their attitude towards bugs. There are plenty that have been 'acknowledged' for months or years and still haven't been touched.

Same thing happened to me when I reset my hooks, I no longer even have access to my unlocked mounts in either stronghold. They arent even on the list anymore. All my signs, plants and furniture from the droids are gone.. my 50,000 credit statue from the VIP area.. gone

I can confirm that the Statue of Eternal Grace (the 50k VIP statue) is affected. I lost the two I had in my Tatooine stronghold after trying to pick them up by replacing them with something else.

I Just bought the stronghold in Tatooine and unlocked 6 from the 7 rooms and wanted to start placing decorations. So cleaned up my other 3 strongholds so I can start all over and traveled back to Tatooine and all of my prefab decorations are gone so I placed prefab droids and looked for them. After I founded them it still reads that I still have them (thank god :p). But you cannot place them but then I saw that a lot of mounts and pets are also gone and some other decorations.

So please Bioware fix this and don't make new stuff for the cartel market or new stuff for In the game until the game is 99% bug free.

I hope you know it's not just the prefab decorations that are messed up, a bunch of others are also being revealed that they go missing or don't even show up.

Please look into ALL stronghold decorations problems.

I have compiled list of all known broken & missing decorations, both post-3.0 and those that still exist from pre-3.0. The speed the list is growing and how slow fixes are coming is incredibly worrying, the system at this point is essentially non-functional and no one should attempt to decorate anything at all.

Compiling a rapidly growing list of issues here.

3.0 bugs

• Dozens of missiong decorations ALL gone from Decoration Menu and editing any of them inside the houses prevents players from putting them back in:
    - every single crafted decoration from Fabricator Droids of all 3 types;
    - multiple speeders & pet decorations missing like tauntaun mounts, varactyl mounts, Lhosan speeders, Orlean speeders
    - other decorations from various sources missing like CE vendor Statue of Eternal Grace; Smuggler's Gambit, Metropolitan Benches
  • Fabricator droids themselves are completly borked, every item previewed shows completly different decoration from various random sources (3rd Anniversary, Life Day 2014, Cartel Market etc) none correct
  • Brand new Planter: Rishi Palm Tree from credits vendor broken, grants Planter: Yavin Jungle Fern instead
  • Decorations not dropping in new SOR content - Wall Gears (Blood Hunt FP), Yavin Temple Chandelier Decoration (Temple of Sacrifice operation)
  • Rishi Idol decoration mailed to players who bought SOR has 1/1 amount limit across the entire legacy even though the decoration is mailed to every character in the legacy

pre-3.0 bugs still not fixed

Lemme know if I missed any decoration bugs, there's so many it's hard to find all threads

This list was posted on the SWTOR Reddit forum by DrYoshiyahu

If you haven't already heard, there are some decorations that while remaining in your collection, are not placeable, and cannot be seen in the decoration window inside or outside of the editing interface.

Hopefully this list will be useful for whoever has to fix this.

Confirmed to not be working right now:

• Every single decoration available from the three Fabricator Droids
  • Every single item in the Environmental > Biological tab.
  • Every single pet outside of the Stronghold Packs, the Shadow Packs, those currently purchasable from the Cartel Market individually, the Life Day 2014 event, and the Shadow of Revan story content.

Civic:

• Alderaanian Throne
  • Chipped Burial Urn
  • Corellian Zoo Sign
  • Fountain: Jedi Temple
  • Holocall Kiosk
  • Painting: Abstract Colors
  • Senate Podium (Crystal)
  • Senate Podium (Lamp)
  • Statue of Eternal Grace

Containers:

• Ammunition Cannisters
  • Bomb Shells
  • Munitions Storage Crate
  • Plasteel Crate (Single)
  • Plasteel Crate (Stacked)
  • Plasteel Tech Barrel
  • Shipping Crate (Single)
  • Shipping Crate (Stacked)
  • Temple Archive Chest
  • Weapon Rack: Blaster Rifles

Environmental:

• K'lor'slug Eggs
  • Killik Eggs
  • Planter: Executive's Shrub
  • Planter: Rishi Palm Tree (Medium)
  • Appears to share data with 'Planter: Yavin Jungle Fern'
  • Potted Plant: Brown Shrub
  • Potted Plant: Sea Grass
  • Potted Plant: Weed Flowers

Furniture:

• Arrangement: Merchant Stall
  • Arrangement: Vendor Stall
  • Barracks Bunk Bed
  • Basic Imperial Chair
  • Basic Republic Chair
  • Cantina Stools (Basic)
  • Desert Peddler's Rug
  • Elegant Park Bench
  • High Back Padded Chair
  • Hospital Bed
  • Hutt Lounger
  • Jedi Temple Chairs
  • Market Canopy (Blue)
  • Merchant's Work Table
  • Luxurious Rug (Blue)
  • Luxury Bed (Plum)
  • Refugee Camping Kit
  • Researcher's Desk
  • Senator's Desk
  • Senator's Lounger
  • Small Cafe Table
  • Starship Booth
  • Starship Chair (Tan)
  • Voss-Ka Bed
  • Voss-Ka Cabinet
  • Voss-Ka Couch
  • Voss-Ka Desk
  • Voss-Ka High Back Chair
  • Voss-Ka Table

Lights:

• Generator Ceiling Light
  • Laboratory Ceiling Light
  • Networked Lamp (Blue)
  • Networked Light (Blue)
  • Networked Light (Orange)
  • Scaffold Lighting Array
  • Temple Standing Lamp
  • Underworld Light Node

Mounts, Pets and Companions:

• See top for details on pets
  • Kingpin Rancor

Signs:

• Holo Sign: Corellia
  • Poster: Seperatist Forces
  • Sign: Full Gate (Purple)
  • Sign: Full Gate (Red)
  • Sign: Resort (Blue)
  • Sign: Resort (Orange)

Technological:

• Ambient Sensor Device
  • Ancient Library Archive
  • Computer Station (Planetary)
  • Computer Station (Starship)
  • Diagnostic Console (Galaxy)
  • Diagnostic Console (Medical)
  • Diagnostic Console (Orbital)
  • Diagnostic Console (Power)
  • Fusion Generator (Huge)
  • Heating Vents
  • Holocron Data Node
  • Holoprojection Device
  • Matrix Converter
  • Networked Security Monitor
  • Power Station Console
  • Science Station (Large)
  • Ship Computer: Imperial (Base)
  • Ship Computer Republic (Base)

Also, three new decorations are placeable and appear normal in-game, but the item itself is missing an inventory icon. This does not affect game play:

• Arrangement: Rishi Baskets
  • Arrangement: Rishi Crates
  • Arrangement: Yavin Crates

I would hope stronghold decorations are a main priority, given that the last content patch was all about strongholds and Bioware has raked in a fortune on cartel packs and decorations since August.

I would hope stronghold decorations are a main priority, given that the last content patch was all about strongholds and Bioware has raked in a fortune on cartel packs and decorations since August.

And they're selling more new ones at the moment. Strongholds are a big part of the game, and they need to keep up with these issues. I realize we won't have a patch tomorrow, but the ETA needs to be fast.

Ah thank god it isnt just me! I made a ticket like 3 days ago to have no answer but it seems it became a known issue since then. :o

I just made my first ever batch of level 3 indie prefabs but I only bought on of the stuffz that disappeared so lucky me :D

Me sad Jedi for the stronghold missing decorations bugs :'(

For a moment I thought I was going crazy, but sadly I see more players are impacted. Let's hope that when Shadows of Revan is fully released, the bugs are all gone... (wishful thinking I know :p)

Did any of you guys noticed that one day before the pre-release started; the offer of certain vendors, as well as the cartel market, had different items?

This list was posted on the SWTOR Reddit forum by DrYoshiyahu

If you haven't already heard, there are some decorations that while remaining in your collection, are not placeable, and cannot be seen in the decoration window inside or outside of the editing interface.

Hopefully this list will be useful for whoever has to fix this.

Confirmed to not be working right now:

• Every single decoration available from the three Fabricator Droids
  • Every single item in the Environmental > Biological tab.
  • Every single pet outside of the Stronghold Packs, the Shadow Packs, those currently purchasable from the Cartel Market individually, the Life Day 2014 event, and the Shadow of Revan story content.

Civic:

• Alderaanian Throne
  • Chipped Burial Urn
  • Corellian Zoo Sign
  • Fountain: Jedi Temple
  • Holocall Kiosk
  • Painting: Abstract Colors
  • Senate Podium (Crystal)
  • Senate Podium (Lamp)
  • Statue of Eternal Grace

Containers:

• Ammunition Cannisters
  • Bomb Shells
  • Munitions Storage Crate
  • Plasteel Crate (Single)
  • Plasteel Crate (Stacked)
  • Plasteel Tech Barrel
  • Shipping Crate (Single)
  • Shipping Crate (Stacked)
  • Temple Archive Chest
  • Weapon Rack: Blaster Rifles

Environmental:

• K'lor'slug Eggs
  • Killik Eggs
  • Planter: Executive's Shrub
  • Planter: Rishi Palm Tree (Medium)
  • Appears to share data with 'Planter: Yavin Jungle Fern'
  • Potted Plant: Brown Shrub
  • Potted Plant: Sea Grass
  • Potted Plant: Weed Flowers

Furniture:

• Arrangement: Merchant Stall
  • Arrangement: Vendor Stall
  • Barracks Bunk Bed
  • Basic Imperial Chair
  • Basic Republic Chair
  • Cantina Stools (Basic)
  • Desert Peddler's Rug
  • Elegant Park Bench
  • High Back Padded Chair
  • Hospital Bed
  • Hutt Lounger
  • Jedi Temple Chairs
  • Market Canopy (Blue)
  • Merchant's Work Table
  • Luxurious Rug (Blue)
  • Luxury Bed (Plum)
  • Refugee Camping Kit
  • Researcher's Desk
  • Senator's Desk
  • Senator's Lounger
  • Small Cafe Table
  • Starship Booth
  • Starship Chair (Tan)
  • Voss-Ka Bed
  • Voss-Ka Cabinet
  • Voss-Ka Couch
  • Voss-Ka Desk
  • Voss-Ka High Back Chair
  • Voss-Ka Table

Lights:

• Generator Ceiling Light
  • Laboratory Ceiling Light
  • Networked Lamp (Blue)
  • Networked Light (Blue)
  • Networked Light (Orange)
  • Scaffold Lighting Array
  • Temple Standing Lamp
  • Underworld Light Node

Mounts, Pets and Companions:

• See top for details on pets
  • Kingpin Rancor

Signs:

• Holo Sign: Corellia
  • Poster: Seperatist Forces
  • Sign: Full Gate (Purple)
  • Sign: Full Gate (Red)
  • Sign: Resort (Blue)
  • Sign: Resort (Orange)

Technological:

• Ambient Sensor Device
  • Ancient Library Archive
  • Computer Station (Planetary)
  • Computer Station (Starship)
  • Diagnostic Console (Galaxy)
  • Diagnostic Console (Medical)
  • Diagnostic Console (Orbital)
  • Diagnostic Console (Power)
  • Fusion Generator (Huge)
  • Heating Vents
  • Holocron Data Node
  • Holoprojection Device
  • Matrix Converter
  • Networked Security Monitor
  • Power Station Console
  • Science Station (Large)
  • Ship Computer: Imperial (Base)
  • Ship Computer Republic (Base)

Also, three new decorations are placeable and appear normal in-game, but the item itself is missing an inventory icon. This does not affect game play:

• Arrangement: Rishi Baskets
  • Arrangement: Rishi Crates
  • Arrangement: Yavin Crates

Update: All mounts that are not part of current packs are not working. This includes the ones that you can buy from speeder vendors.