Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

It seems 3.0 patch files are up but need confirmation from team

BrintoSFJ

Read the article here :

See i have got a pretty slow connection and considering how thousands of players will try to download patch tomorrow it will be even slower. the method described in the above post suits my connection better as i can start download right now. But if someone from swtor team can confirm if those files are the final update files then it would be really a life saver for me. Thanks in advance.

It is prudent to wait, but I can tell you this method works.

The method works but he is asking if it is actually final or not.

Do we know for sure that if someone does this. But they patch it between now and the release tomorrow morning that the launcher will be able to download the additional patch correctly.

Edited by ninjonxb

my connection is fine, but im gonna download the patch the way i normally DL all patches through the launcher..im not taking any chances to mess with my files and screw up my game :p i highly recommend everyone else do the same:) Edited by Lt-Snake

my connection is fine, but im gonna download the patch the way i normally DL all patches through the launcher..im not taking any chances to mess with my files and screw up my game :p i highly recommend everyone else do the same:)

If you are afraid to mess up your game folder files, do a backup before trying this I guess? :D

Here in my household, we have six machines (for three users, each having a desktop and a laptop with SWTOR) that will need to be updated. If there was a way to download the patch to a network share or USB fob and then patch all six machines from the one download, it would be mutually beneficial for all involved.

BioWare, please, is there a way to do this ?

Thanks.

Read the article here :

See i have got a pretty slow connection and considering how thousands of players will try to download patch tomorrow it will be even slower. the method described in the above post suits my connection better as i can start download right now. But if someone from swtor team can confirm if those files are the final update files then it would be really a life saver for me. Thanks in advance.

Isn't 5+ hours not enough to download ~3 GB? And if more people will be downloading the patch it even maybe better in some cases, cause as far as I know P2P is enabled in SWTOR Launcher.

The method works but he is asking if it is actually final or not.

Do we know for sure that if someone does this. But they patch it between now and the release tomorrow morning that the launcher will be able to download the additional patch correctly.

swtor_potato wrote that there is a possibility on patch day patches will be available only with 2 files, in that case those 4 files we would download from the link may not be usable and even if they would be usable after patching they might totally mess up entire installation and we won't be able to further update the game.

That is why i was asking for confirmation from the team if these files are the final patch data or if they will be modified.

Here in my household, we have six machines (for three users, each having a desktop and a laptop with SWTOR) that will need to be updated. If there was a way to download the patch to a network share or USB fob and then patch all six machines from the one download, it would be mutually beneficial for all involved.

BioWare, please, is there a way to do this ?

Thanks.

Mr. Musco? Mr. Watson? Anyone?

Isn't 5+ hours not enough to download ~3 GB? And if more people will be downloading the patch it even maybe better in some cases, cause as far as I know P2P is enabled in SWTOR Launcher.

Depends on which launcher doesn't it? 3GB isn't much, and i'm patient enough to do it properly and not take any risks from other sources.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.