2-1 for classic,

1-1 for basic,

1-2 for elite,

1-3 for ultimate)

but thats clearly a typo on Erics part

Planetary coms are NOT equal to ultimate coms as that post you quote suggests

Its pretty obvious Eric made a typo there

Just think about it

I'm interested in this quote you're talking about. Who said it and where is it? Planetary are 1:3 because low level players will still use basic and getting their current comms reduced so much would suck. High level players have a larger comm pool to use than just 1 type, unlike lowbies.

Edited by CloudzDeven

/bracesforimpact

In all honesty though.. That's what makes this game great (IMO at least). Leveling isn't really a grind because of the stories. It may take a while to get to 60, but at least there's dialogue and cut scenes :)

Just a few hours.

As quoted above, Eric has made it quite clear that each Ultimate or Planetary comm converts to 3 Basic comms. And that that isn't a typo 1 U = 3 B and 1 P = 3 B. But as there's a limit of 100 Planetary, you will only get 300 Basic at most, so it won't make much of a difference.

But still, 300 more is 300 more.

Just a few hours.

Yea, but iirc my first run from 50-55 on makeb doing most of the side quests got me to 55 without xp boosts. So long as they make sure that we don't need to grind outside of the quests given to us I don't see a problem. When you start getting to your 3rd+ character then it's probably a bit grindy, but I doubt it'll be that bad. No more than usual I suppose. If you don't like the story content then you may be in for a rough ride though.

Once again out of context (...)

It wasn't out of context.

You just chose to reedit your original post after the responses to it were less than agreeable. Different things.

This game feels dead.

^^ This is what you wrote originally.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Threads like these came up around 2.0 as well. What you need to remember is, just about anything you do will level you up, any of the huge amount of dailies that are already in place will, all the current FP's and operations.

So for a lot of people, just doing their daily routine will get them to 60 in no time at all.

No grind, no muss, no fuss.

/bracesforimpact

In all honesty though.. That's what makes this game great (IMO at least). Leveling isn't really a grind because of the stories. It may take a while to get to 60, but at least there's dialogue and cut scenes :)

Unless it's like Makeb...

I hit 53 right before finishing that storyline... then I had to grind dailies to get to 55... :(

I suppose this would be true if you got addicted to 12x. Thankfully I could never use it unless I wanted to make toons on another server {which I did not}. So it will feel like normal to me. I would love to force you speed freaks to lvl from 10-cap off just pvp...you would go insane lol.

well i see why you think that now (I saw a different quote that was

3-1 for planetary,

2-1 for classic,

1-1 for basic,

1-2 for elite,

1-3 for ultimate)

but thats clearly a typo on Erics part

Planetary coms are NOT equal to ultimate coms as that post you quote suggests

Its pretty obvious Eric made a typo there

Just think about it

No it is not a typo, you should read more before you keep saying others are wrong mate.

That is indeed correct, no typos. :rak_03:

Was the reply to when he was asked the following:

1 Planetary Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

Just making sure this is correct and wasn't accidentally reversed (ie: 3 planetaries = 1 basic), cause that means planetary and ultimate will be worth the same in conversion.

help you to get to 57 , so you can use your shiny new 4th main skill.

Some of the specs didn't get 4th new main ability. Sab/Engineering for example got ability from base class, ability that was already part of the rotation.

Just make sure to have xp boosts for your characters!

I have quite many of those because I rarely use them after level 14-15.

Edited by Halinalle

Just make sure to have xp boosts for your characters!

Being on a pvp server, I'm just wondering how much that aspect will affect the leveling progress :)

I imagine there are people waiting to quickly rush to 60, grab a few pieces of gear from stockpiled comms and warzone comms and then are going to kill level 55's that are trying to level.

I fully expect to be level 60 after doing all of the new content, including all bonus missions. I'll probably do it on two or three characters right off the bat and then do others as time allows. With the awesome storytelling, SW:TOR is the least grindy MMORPG I've seen so far.

Have they said you only get XP with new content? If i go to oricon and do the dailies will there be no xp?

what about the ops? DF,DP,TFB,SNV all lvl 55 content but no XP? What about the FP like Kurst? or Korriban?

Also will the rate and amount of comm drops stay the same? or will there be less?

Edited by MadHobbit

Have they said you only get XP with new content? If i go to oricon and do the dailies will there be no xp?

what about the ops? DF,DP,TFB,SNV all lvl 55 content but no XP? What about the FP like Kurst? or Korriban?

Also will the rate and amount of comm drops stay the same? or will there be less?

You gain XP every time you do content that is within your level range; Yellow, Green and Orange.

If it's Grey, you get zilch.

Lol. For me, even if the stories are great and the mechanics improved it will hurt. There is something very sweet about turning in one mission, seeing 300k+ in xp and then immediately leveling. Lol! I love it.

But, I'm ready to get back to the normal grind for the new content.

You'll get XP.

Just not enough to get to lvl 60 maby.

I remember when RotHC came out, I spent a while grinding the lvl 50 dailies to get a leg up before starting on the makeb storyline. I was lvl 52 or 53 when I started makeb (on my second char), and that was all from lvl 50 dailies.