Performance issues

Smudgersmith

Hello guys, im fairly new to SWTOR although i did paly it on launch very briefly due to bad engine performance. Right now im having serious performance issues which after 3 year i was unexpecting with this game and i dont understand why. First things first, my PC is very new, it has I7 CPU with a nvidia980gtx GPU and 16gb of ram and 2 500mb SSD Drives. Ive noticed massive performance hits, lag, ability lag you name it ive had it all in this game. Now currently i can play Battlefield4 on ultra and ni on 120+ fps at 1920*1080. With SWTOR the game drops to 20s in Warzones and fleet. I really disapointed this game has same dam performance issues as it had on launch. I would appreciate any advice, links to guides etc to make this game run smoother.

I experienced similar performance issues while on Tython, and I play with graphics set on Ultra.

Unless BW has fixes coming with 3.0, the only suggestion that comes to mind is to tweak the game's graphics settings until you find a balance between performance and visual fidelity that you can enjoy.

I would start by disabling Anti-Aliasing, follow that up with lowering the Character Draw Limit, and then maybe lower the Shadow quality. Adjust other settings as you feel necessary.

Edited by Nyghtfal

That is unfortunate.

My understanding is that BW licensed a beta version of the HERO engine, with the expectation that their own programmers would be able to optimize it for the game. It appears that performance issues are something they continue struggling with.

Source: HEROengine.com: The HERO Engine Meets Star Wars

Edited by Nyghtfal

“I need this,” said Gordon. “I am about to start a special project and these tools will let us build and prototype fast and get something running in a hurry.” - See more at: http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/heroengine-meets-starwars/#sthash.VTtyaMn9.dpuf

I hope Gordon is fired

This game cannot stay as it is forever, it sucks in performance and in its limits... its limited and poor in performance.

Edited by Oyranos

Well I updated my stationary computer a year ago and everything was very smooth. Then, after some patch/update my performance started to have some "hiccups". There was a brief relieve when many people complained about connection issues (back a month ago) -for a week SWTOR ran smoothly on my comp. Now it sucks again.

Glad I have a very good laptop to run this game.

But those hiccups, that just started for no reason still make me wonder.

Try reading up on a parked core thread, that helped for a lot of people.

I would say don't crank up the shadow resolution slider all the way either ( though I assume if you selected lowest settings it turned itself off ) as that can hit anyone's PC performance for a non visible increase to to graphic quality.

Also I think someone in the parked core thread mentioned something to do with the i7's and threading issues ( maybe I read it elsewhere on these forums but it was very recently ) and a possible fix but I run an i5 so wasn't paying too much attention.