It started out in canyon at sundown

And everyone was laughing and you were lying on the ground

You said, "honey, can you tell me what class are you playing?"

"honey, can you tell mewhat class are you playing?"

I said, "you know that i'm a MERC."

Dear other players, Dear bioware,

i'm playing merc since beta now.

All that i can say is that we haven't been really helped,

playing merc nowadays is like playing the game in hardmode mode.

I will only speak about arenas because you already killed rated battlegrounds.

I played all the seasons as Arsenal Merc ans thing are not getting better ...

After a post a long time ago on the french forum ... complaining about the low survivability of arsenal spec against all the others, well, we are still at the same point in my opinion.

I played many arenas lately with my team on our french server.

I can say that at the moment mercs (not healer merc) are not made for arenas....

All the class have colddowns to "survive" , but merc only have half measure to answer all the controls that 4 players can inflict.

The result of this lack of answers is an inefficiency to dps when you are focus or an amazing capability of being 3 shoted by 2 good dps from the other team.

That's why in my opinion mercs can't succes in arena as well as the other class.

We could definetly see this if we could classify dps and healer on the leaderboards, where as dps we are so farm from the other class in rating.

I really hope that the 3.0 will definitly make this post a kind of old fashioned crying merc post and that we couldn't cry anymore without being insulted because of the overpowerness of our class.

Until this moment, for all my merc friends , keep resisting guys ! we will rule them all by the end !

PS: I did my best with my poor english, do not slap me too hard because of it :)

sincerely yours,

I agree 100% with you. I am just waiting for the enivitable "L2P" person to come knocking telling you how they knock people around aaaall the time as merc. That we have enough defences etc.

I am a very bitter player by now and it looks bad for lvl 60 pvp for us, real bad. And i cannot even find any reason whatsoever for why they refuse to balance this class for pvp content. Our cooldowns are severly limited.

In most battles people pop a soft mitigating defensive cooldown at the first few seconds of the fight in arenas. Usually this is sabreward. 50% defence and 25% dmg mitigation vs tech/force attacks (for knights/warriors atleast). Merc would pop their equalent~Energy Shield. Next when someone gets focused heavily they pop Shroud/Barrier/ED/Combat stealth/Force Camo etc etc, they break the focus and since most players are almost white barred by now CC dont work.

Lets see what the mercs do? Pop Kolto? No insta dead cause it is too weak. Pop Knockback? Might work against someone, but most enemies are white barred and will ignore your ability. PoP Hydraulic? Meh, to slowly jog away will not save you either so....you die, every ranked warzone since season 1 has been like this for us.

We cannot break that focus so we die. Again and again and again.

Edited by Nightkin

Thanks for your answer Nightkin !

I'm also unfortunatly 100% agree with you. :)

Just hoping good thing to happend to mercs.

Playing with my team for a while now and always have the same conclusion we need to play like perfectly to win an arena with an arsenal in the team and against some team composition with high dps we can barely win.

I think the meme you made about merc in arena is absolotly true xD

We could probably add to our forum signature "Focused since Decembre 2011" :)

Happy to see that i'm not the only one complaining about the merc and wainting for bioware answer.

Hope to see you ingame :)

Sincerly yours,

Thanks for your answer Nightkin !

I'm also unfortunatly 100% agree with you. :)

Just hoping good thing to happend to mercs.

Playing with my team for a while now and always have the same conclusion we need to play like perfectly to win an arena with an arsenal in the team and against some team composition with high dps we can barely win.

I think the meme you made about merc in arena is absolotly true xD

We could probably add to our forum signature "Focused since Decembre 2011" :)

Happy to see that i'm not the only one complaining about the merc and wainting for bioware answer.

Hope to see you ingame :)

Sincerly yours,

Focused ? Sorcs say hello ( while in barrier)

Focused ? Sorcs say hello ( while in barrier)
Atleast you are safe in your barrier ;)

And while we mention sorcs, they are the most succesful pvp class in Season 3 (madness sorcs atleast).

Kinda bad to compare the least succesfull to the most succesful dont you think, and to complain that your panic button is dull to be forced to use is to the mercs silly, since we dont even have one :rolleyes:

And while we mention sorcs, they are the most succesful pvp class in Season 3 (madness sorcs atleast).

Kinda bad to compare the least succesfull to the most succesful dont you think, and to complain that your panic button is dull to be forced to use is to the mercs silly, since we dont even have one :rolleyes:

I always find it funny that sorcs complain about focus. My sorc was my first character from launch, until I switched to commando and finally merc. It has always been easier to survive on my sorc than on my merc. They can simply weasel their way out of things easiler. As a merc, HO is completely useless unless you are whitebarred and even if you can't be stunned, you move so slow compared to every other class. Don't even mention our knockback, since every class and its mother can close the gap within seconds, yeah nice escape.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started playing more my merc, i enjoy him much more than my sorc and sin, probably will become my main in pvp :D

Get to pvp a lot in Yavin because basecamp spawns are about 60m from each other and have no base guards as well as all area missions being the same for imp/rep.

I like facing off vs sorcs.

Sure if they can break LOS they can screw me over since force speed beats HTL at hit and run that but in the open they might as well drop dead if they go all in vs a commando. Damage isn't that different but they are terrible at face tanking damage.

So naturally I won't hang around where they can LOS me and it's their funeral if they engage :)