Who *is* the Inquisitor?

Vicentegrev

I don't subscribe to the far to common view that Niman is an inferior form, but is not an uber form either.

It includes elements from most forms, but this does not mean that mastery of all forms is required to learn Niman, that would defeat the form's purpose (Ataru, for instance, is supposed to be very taxing physically, while Niman is not).

It is not as acrobatic as Ataru, not as offensive as Djem'so, not as defensive as Soresu, but it does not suffer from other form's weakness to the same degree.

In many aspects, it reminds me of Jeet Kune Do :)

Maul popularized the double-bladed lighsaber. Thus he'll always be associated with any use of it. Plus if you make a red Zabrak with the right face tattoos and horn pattern....

And he was basically just an assassin, in role if not exact definition. The problem is there's only one story and sorcerer and assassin are pretty far apart in terms of lore-friendly specialization and skills. Of course there's no lore reason why sorcerers couldn't wield double-bladed lightsabers or assassins couldn't use a single blade (or even a non-lightsaber weapon entirely). That's just game mechanics for you...

As for class roles if you ask me assassin/shadow tank feels weird too. Your base class is all about Force use and you use light armor and stealth... yet you can "tank". Seems counter-intuitive to the usual way these things divide.

Edited by CrutchCricket

Maul popularized the double-bladed lighsaber. Thus he'll always be associated with any use of it. Plus if you make a red Zabrak with the right face tattoos and horn pattern....

And he was basically just an assassin, in role if not exact definition. The problem is there's only one story and sorcerer and assassin are pretty far apart in terms of lore-friendly specialization and skills. Of course there's no lore reason why sorcerers couldn't wield double-bladed lightsabers or assassins couldn't use a single blade (or even a non-lightsaber weapon entirely). That's just game mechanics for you...

As for class roles if you ask me assassin/shadow tank feels weird too. Your base class is all about Force use and you use light armor and stealth... yet you can "tank". Seems counter-intuitive to the usual way these things divide.

Operatives were supposed to be the 3rd tanking class. They botched it for some reason. Sin tank does feel a little weird.

I would have liked to see Tank Shadows/Assassins make heavy use of the Dodge mechanics as their primary tanking attribute. Instead of shielding or defending an attack, they could dodge or avoid them. Using heavy accuracy debuffs would probably be a good way to achieve this.

Maybe it's impractical but it is unique and certainly fits what you would expect from a stealthy force class.

Edited by maverickmatt

Guardians / Juggernauts used to wear Medium armor, just like Sentinels / Marauders. It was changed fairly late in the game's development.

The actual armor class bothers me less than the feel of it. Some heavy armors aren't that different from medium ones from a visual point of view, and Jedis are supposed to use their lightsaber defensively.

Many scoundrels/agents armors look like longcoats/uniforms and don't really give a tanky feeling ...

Edited by vathouille

Having done the SI story both as an assassin and a sorcerer myself, I do agree that it feels a bit more geared towards the sorcerer in terms of force use, learning and knowledge as you go through your story segments. On the other hand though, you can make the assassin side fit well too depending on your play-style and how much story and lore you do in your own mind.

Exar Kun does serve as a nice model for the advanced class over Maul; I even still have and use my good ol' Columi saber shell that's aptly named as...Exar Kun's double-bladed lightsaber. Given the SI's position at the end of their story, and as someone that likes to do stuff solo story-wise myself, I play my assassin as one that will go to confront a threat backed by the authority of their position, bend them to the Empire or kill them, and in the process be ready for just about anything that can be thrown at them whether it be droids, other duelists, or force attacks. It may not be a perfect backstory or theory behind that character, but it keeps me entertained at least and I have to keep myself busy one way or the other I guess :rolleyes: