What I would be willing to pay money for

Oldmanripper

Title says it all guys...

Let's give the dev's some idea of what the community would shell out for.

If this has already been done it is OK because corporations pay attention to more people stating what they are willing to buy if it keeps popping back up.

So! That being the precursor here goes...

#1 Re-skins of existing ships. Slot it in like a dye pack... now it looks like something else with the same functionality.

#2 Ship logos. Not just paint jobs.

#3 Call-signs. Something you could put onto your ship instead of just your account name.

#4 Class ships.

#5 Customizable Unit Patches. Concept here is something along the line of 'Appearance Modification Station'. Rather, this would be 'Starfighter Appearance Modification Station'. More changes, more cartel coins.

#6 Unit-patches. Something for either a cosmetic on your toon outside of GSF or in-game on the ship... or BOTH!

the ability to unlock GSF CM items in my collection for CC.

shark mouth paintjobs for strike fighters

the ability to create a clone of a ship we've already bought for fleet req so we could have two load outs (especially useful for the starfighters that lack a CM variant and/or CM variant is considered unappealing). Even if the clone started off with all stock components it'd be great for ships with multiple good loadouts.

New maps/new rule sets

I'd love for them to come up with away for them to implement some real fleet action, destroying the opposing team's capital ships or something. Could lead to new classes of ships that carry heavy ship to ship ordanance, perhaps.

I suppose they could run it like Voidstar where each team takes turns defending their task force and points accumulated by how badly you damage the opponent/defeat opposing players.

Balance passes, new maps, new modes, new components, new ships...

Anything as long as it affects the gameplay and the number of players positively.

I disagree with this. I feel like I am ALREADY paying for those things with my monthly subscription. I don't believe I should have to pay more for them. I am fine with paying for cosmetic items, but core gameplay isn't something I should have to pay extra for. Furthermore, what if they did make you pay extra for new maps or new game modes? If you thought the community was small now, imagine how much smaller it would be with some people not able to play on the new maps because they didn't want to shell out the extra bucks. This would essentially split the queues and there isn't a large player-base to support that without substantially lengthening queue times. Or even worse, say they kept one queue but you could only get the new game modes/maps if all of the participants had the relevant content: in this case you would pay money for something that you would almost NEVER get to enjoy since invariably the 2-shippers won't have purchased the extra content.

Just my two cents.

A nerf to gunships/bombers and the removal of burst lasers of tier 2 scouts.

Could people I've never seen or heard of stop coming into threads with requests to nerf gunships, bombers, and scouts? That is literally every ship type in the game that can kill you, and also three of the four ship types.

This is a thread about stuff you could buy. Like, with your dollars. Game balance we mostly already have for free, but nice colors, maybe a paint job that animates or engines that change colors would be fantastic.

Could people I've never seen or heard of stop coming into threads with requests to nerf gunships, bombers, and scouts? That is literally every ship type in the game that can kill you, and also three of the four ship types.

This is a thread about stuff you could buy. Like, with your dollars. Game balance we mostly already have for free, but nice colors, maybe a paint job that animates or engines that change colors would be fantastic.

balance? what balance is that exactly?

If you ask for nerfs for 75% of the ships in the game, it must be a pretty well balanced game.

Not really that would be true if I would be calling nerfs To ALL ships on each class but thats not the case. the ones that need nerfing is only 1 scout (tier 2), drone bomber and railguns rest is fine. But i doubt there will be any effort in that direction after all its just a gimmick.

Edited by xxIncubixx

On topic, I wouldn't mind seeing larger/different maps and games. And more purple cosmetics!

Not really that would be true if I would be calling nerfs To ALL ships on each class but thats not the case. the ones that need nerfing is only 1 scout (tier 2), drone bomber and railguns rest is fine. But i doubt there will be any effort in that direction after all its just a gimmick.

...so you came to the GSF forum to... *****? What you say here is neither new nor original... If you must insist on spreading venom here (that's a request to leave the GSF forum alone, by the way), could you at least start a new thread, instead of messing up someone else's?.

I disagree with this. I feel like I am ALREADY paying for those things with my monthly subscription. I don't believe I should have to pay more for them. I am fine with paying for cosmetic items, but core gameplay isn't something I should have to pay extra for. Furthermore, what if they did make you pay extra for new maps or new game modes? If you thought the community was small now, imagine how much smaller it would be with some people not able to play on the new maps because they didn't want to shell out the extra bucks. This would essentially split the queues and there isn't a large player-base to support that without substantially lengthening queue times. Or even worse, say they kept one queue but you could only get the new game modes/maps if all of the participants had the relevant content: in this case you would pay money for something that you would almost NEVER get to enjoy since invariably the 2-shippers won't have purchased the extra content.

Just my two cents.

New ships, new weapons, new maps and new game modes would have to be provide to all players, unless twice as many players magically show up. Personally, I haven't got around to buying any cosmetic items, but if such purchases have a reasonable chance to be used to fund development of actual new content, I'd reconsider.

So my cosmetic suggestions are:

- Stronghold trophy or model for each mastered ship, which should really be free but which I may be willing to pay for. Currently I get nothing other than fleet comms for the endless grind to master a ship. In comparison, after 30 minutes of the Manaan flashpoint, I got 10 trophies for defeating the first boss even though I was locked out of the room during the fight :confused:.

- Wouldn't it be awesome for my stronghold visitors to see my 12 ships on my stronghold landing pad, minus the one I'm currently flying?

- Different engine sounds

- Ability to import paint schemes you create

- New models of the existing ships

- Cockpit view / interior views (and I'd like to see how they fit the 5 crew members into the little scout ships ;))

As for actual new content:

- New maps

- Functional capital ships

- New flyable ships

- AI ships

- Ground targets

- New game mode: carrier battles

- New game mode: dynamic campaign (I can dream, right?)

Ah, ok, out of the 12 ships you only want to see nerfs to five of the twelve ships. You're fine with, say, rocket pod scouts and minelayers.

I think you need to play more of the "gimmick" before you say stuff like that.