The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Where do you get cool gear lvl 55

AryaYassamy

Most people these days get their gear from Cartel Market packs -- that is, they wait for other people to buy a ******** of packs, open them, be disappointed, and put the contents on the Galactic Trade Network (GTN) for credits. In addition to that, there are quite a few good-looking sets at the Legacy, Commendations and PvP vendors. This website is a good place to start before you go wasting money on a set you may possibly tire of quickly.

One thing to note is that at lvl 55, the only kind of gear you should be wearing (except for implants, relics and earpiece) is moddable gear.

The Darth Marr sets were from Level 50 PvP I think, not level 55 content.

I still have some of my toons in Centurion gear, ahh the memories of Battlemaster geared players facerolling Centurion geared players (and people wonder why they added Bolster).

Speaking of which, I still have my Battlemaster and Warhero armor sets. I have no idea what happened to my Centurion set. I guess I threw it away. :p

Where can I get cool gear? I see people with darth marr sets, smugglers with orange imp agent suits, and other cool sets. Thank you!

Go to the GTN and browse the armor type of your character (light/medium/heavy) AND the adaptive armor (searching for a chest piece first is a good idea) and see what's available. Also keep in mind that you can dye everything, so if you find something you like but has ugly colors you can usually improve it drastically by finding a dye that's suitable for the gear and your character.

The Darth Marr sets were from Level 50 PvP I think, not level 55 content.

I still have some of my toons in Centurion gear, ahh the memories of Battlemaster geared players facerolling Centurion geared players (and people wonder why they added Bolster).

Most "Darth Marr" sets these days are Reaver dyed Black/Red, I think.

Where can I get dyes?

Some are crafted by Artifice (certain schematics are acquired from Reputation vendors), while the rest come from the Cartel Market. Most end up on the GTN, although the rarer and more desirable ones are quite expensive (e.g. Black/Black).

As usual, Dulfy has a great guide on this: http://dulfy.net/2013/05/14/swtor-dye-modules-guide/

Edited by MagikFingerz

The Cybertech crew skill can craft components to plug into the Armoring and Mod component slots on moddable gear. Artifice can craft items for the Enhancement slots, as well as color crystals and hilts for lightsabers. Armstech can craft barrels for moddable Aim and Cunning weapons (including the techblades used by the few melee companions who use Aim as a primary stat). Clothing gets its stats for protection from the Armoring slot, and weapons get their base damage from their hilt or barrel, so those are always worth keeping up to date.

Select one of those crew skills if you'd like to wear moddable gear early on, as they'll allow you to save on the cost of keeping your moddable gear up to date. If you're still learning about crafting, talking to the trainers for each crew skill unlocks a Codex entry, where you can find the scoop on which gathering crew skills can provide raw materials for which crafting skills to work with.

If someone didn't already mention it, it's worth pointing out what adaptive armor is. A lot of the moddable armor in the game, including crafted gear and high-end rewards for endgame, come as either heavy, medium, or light armor, as appropriate for the class they were intended for. Adaptive armor is special; it's moddable gear that behaves as if it were the appropriate type of armor for whatever character is wearing it. Gear from Cartel packs is usually adaptive gear.

For example, when a Sith Juggernaut puts on an adaptive chest, it will apply the heavy armor multiplier to whatever armor rating numbers are on the item in the Armoring slot. If he takes it off and gives it to his companion Vette, the same chest piece will function as if it were Medium armor for her, since that's the armor type she wears. It will apply the Medium armor multiplier to the Armor Rating on the Armoring component. (He should remove the Strength Armoring and place a Cunning Armoring in that slot, since that's her primary stat).

This type of gear gives players a very wide variety of options to customize their appearance and keep a look that they like. If your Twi'lek Bounty Hunter needs a Mandalorian chest armor without a jet pack, to avoid model clipping with her lekku, there's adaptive gear out there for that. Since the high end rewards from endgame PvE and PvP are moddable items, themselves, you can remove the components from an Operations or Warzones reward whose look you hate, and put them into clothes that you prefer, keeping your character's customized appearance while still upgrading your stats as you make progress.

Edited by Allegos