3.0 Class Changes Announced

DarkSaberMaster

RIP Combat Sentinels.

Precison slash changes are good for PVE but for PVP they give other AC even more time to shut us down....... and removing Crippling Throw? N/C

And be assured utilites for sents will be terrible.

i gotta ask were you using precison slash or crippling slash in PVE?

But we both know there is no such thing. Just a 50% snare for 6sec on some abilities. Nothing near as useful as DT root is.

Datamined info is out since the beginning.

You know it and we know it.

Bout the only way they could make sents/mara op at this point is to make force cammo activate while stunned, or to rework undying. Neither is likely to happen though, so what has been shown is what we get. And in any case I am sure Dulfy and miner will have the discipline calculator up on her site this weekend.

In my opinion despite that sent/mara will be ok in 3.0, even if not nearly as strong at some times in the past. I think the new smash spec will see a lot of run in solo and group ranked, even if it is not quite as strong as some other specs. I'd still like to see a few more conservative buffs though, or at least see ED not be able to be activated while stunned.

RIP Combat Sentinels.

Precison slash changes are good for PVE but for PVP they give other AC even more time to shut us down....... and removing Crippling Throw? N/C

And be assured utilites for sents will be terrible.

It's fine your core damage is unchanged and combats alacrity boost from zen combined with the changes to alacrity make it just as good as it was before.

I'm going to trot out the usual argument- given the changes in this announcement, it's clear that carnage is one of the specs with which the devs are less intimately familiar. Aka a spec they don't personally main outside the office. Edited by Projawa

I'm going to trot out the usual argument- given the changes in this announcement, it's clear that carnage is one of the specs with which the devs are less intimately familiar. Aka a spec they don't personally main outside the office.

I dont know. They seem equally clueless about most specs to me. It's just random whether a spec is overbuffed, or overnerfed.

I dont know. They seem equally clueless about most specs to me. It's just random whether a spec is overbuffed, or overnerfed.

Now with the discipline system in place, there's no excuse for them to not do more frequent, accurate balance passes. The purpose of the discipline system is to make the balancing/tuning process much easier for the devs, more so than making skill selection easy for the average player.

You'll notice that many classes are getting replacement abilities. For example, Carnage replaces force scream with devastating blast. This is so they can fine tune a key ability in Carnage's rotation via devastating blast instead of force scream which in the world of 2.x would, as a side effect, also impact Rage (now Fury) rotation.

They used to take 5-6 months to release balance passes. That's just too long. With this new system it should be at most 9 weeks.

Edited by Projawa

I just watched the marauder part of the stream. The most shocking change for me is the change to gore. Sure, it is off the GCD, but it lasts but three seconds. I do not pvp much, but enough to know that I see that as a significant nerf compared to what is was previously. Especially since it no longer deals damage. The change of the animation will only benefit us till people get used to it.

So ye, people with higher pings will certainly suffer from this change. So will we in fights with rng stuns, such as when Brontes focuses you in NiM. I also do not get the introduction of Energy Blast. It effectively serves the same purpose as scream, but does slightly more damage and stuns a second longer (which means squat in operations and pvp). Why not use the time to introduce a completely new skill like annihilation and fury (rage) received? Seems lazy.

But ye, apparently the changes to gore was made because of pvp'ers said gore on the gcd would make it impossible. I honestly think this change is almost as bad, if not worse. From a PvE perspective I'd rather take the gore change we were told earlier this week than this one. I play from Norway, so I do not have top notch ping (60 - 80ms). I receive slightly better ping when I am home during holidays, which was always prevalent when playing carnage and maximising the gore window. This three second gore window will be at the mercy of good ping and fps. Carnage dps will suffer.

Carnage has been nerfed (in my eyes) ever since they changed gore in 2.8. I am of the opinion that the only thing they had to do was that slaughter could never be procced if gore was off cd. Annihilation and Fury (Rage) have got the better end of the changes coming in 3.0. Carnage marauders playing mostly pvp must be furious.

Sounds about right. Hooray.

Unless the new force scream replacement deals a lot more base damage.

Considering they share cooldowns, only one of the two (the one that does more damage) is going to be used. I cannot comprehend the point of devastating fart. Its never going to be stunning any enemy of consequence and if it does less damage than force scream (which I suspect) its never going to be used.

Edited by Karkais