The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Permanently remove companion gear.

Warrgames

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be best if all companion gear was moddable, every single piece.

If anything changing up the rewards from missions to be moddable gear for companions isn't the worst idea. You're getting the same gear and stats for your companion, and now it can more easily be upgraded down the road. Not getting something for nothing, just more convenience. That's the kind of idea I can get behind.

I'm mostly neutral on what the OP suggests. However, even if something like that isn't added I would like to see them fix the issue of companions with weird gear requirements. By that I mean gear you can't equip from end-game comm vendors. This includes all droid pieces, techblades/techstaves, and offhand cunning blasters (imp side).

I'm mostly neutral on what the OP suggests. However, even if something like that isn't added I would like to see them fix the issue of companions with weird gear requirements. By that I mean gear you can't equip from end-game comm vendors. This includes all droid pieces, techblades/techstaves, and offhand cunning blasters (imp side).

That'd be nice. There's ways around this, but it involves crafting hilts and armorings and that''s kind of annoying; If I wanted to do that to gear my comps I'd have done that.

I think it would be best if all companion gear was moddable, every single piece.

give us a way to make any orange moddable piece bound to legacy. right now people use the few legacy sets to move gear...people with customized characters that suit their sense of style have a greater connection to those characters, and thus a greater connection to the game.

Economic impacts? Are you seriously using the game economy as a reason to make certain content hard to reach for most players in a game that basically allows gold buying (Buy from CM - > sell on GTN).
This would impact crafters, just because that notion goes against you agenda, does not make it not true.

Besides orange gear and color crystals, show me where I can purchase pay to win gear off the CM? You can't it is fluff. However I can buy mods, armor, hilts, enhancements, ear, implants and barrels off the GTN made by crafters. I do this from time to time for companions when I don't have the comms or the matts to make the gear myself.

Also it isn't hard to gear companions in any respect unless you are wanting to gear them in full 186 gear. If you are wanting 186 on companions, then I will give in and say that is hard. Gearing a companion enough to beat any class or planet quest is easy, it isn't even difficult to gear a companion to do Heroic 4 with just character and companion. Again it just take knowledge and time playing the game. :confused:

Edited by mikebevo