Hahahahaha

nkarabats

With no com caps, they would release new gear, and within 6 hours every die hard player would have top tier. I only say 6 hours because not everyone is going to log in right at launch. It would only take 10-15 minutes to select all of the gear you need to min max your stuff.

Comm caps prevent you from being able to buy all the new gear right out the gate. Without them, their would be no grind. No grind means no progression, no progression means less people playing, less people playing is bad.

Actually, the grind is still there. Whether you bank weapons and mounts, if there is no comms cap, or if you just wait until 3.0 hits, you are still PvPing and earning those comms.

The only thing that changes is when you spend the comms. Either immediately because you ran into the cap at which point you could be spending them on items that range from useful (medpacks), to totally useless (stronghold decorations) for PvP or later by banking weapons and speeders to get around the cap.

In either case, you still have to play "X" number of games to get what you want. The same number of games for gear before the patch and after.

The cap is necessary, unfortunately.

Hardcore players immediately getting the new top tier gear and jumping straight into ranked - no problem.

Hardcore players immediately getting the new top tier gear and massacring regs in premades - big problem.

It's not just a grind, it's a small gate to prevent warzones becoming impossible for the general player (you know, like GSF; or kinda like what conquests have done to warzones for serious pvp pugs :rolleyes:).

If all the top geared players and most experienced players played ranked, there'd be no problem. But that's not how the pvp community behaves. Besides always looking for the cheapest of all options, BW does look for the lesser of all evils.

Edited by PBoba

Actually, the grind is still there. Whether you bank weapons and mounts, if there is no comms cap, or if you just wait until 3.0 hits, you are still PvPing and earning those comms.

The only thing that changes is when you spend the comms. Either immediately because you ran into the cap at which point you could be spending them on items that range from useful (medpacks), to totally useless (stronghold decorations) for PvP or later by banking weapons and speeders to get around the cap.

In either case, you still have to play "X" number of games to get what you want. The same number of games for gear before the patch and after.

You know comms exist for PVE players too right? It's not all about PVP folks :cool:

If they wanted a time gate, they could just make it to where you cannot buy a second item while the timer for refund is counting down. This way, you could keep earning all the comms you wanted, and not be able to do the weapon swap trick, but then you wouldn't have to because you wouldn't have the cap.

Not what I would want personally; as I love to do the weapon swap trick and it really would hinder me, except for where I have multiple characters with legacy gear, which would wind up being the new loophole to get around the gate.

You know comms exist for PVE players too right? It's not all about PVP folks :cool:

With the PvE comms, the limit is being artificially increased to deal with the upcoming excess when everything is turned basic comms.

So if the limit remains 1,000 basic comms, big "if since no one knows what the cap will be, and I have that maxed, when I gain basic comms from the conversion of all the other comm that limit will be temporarily increased.

PvP players do not have this option.

So 1-2 weeks buffer will save the world? Cmon...

Lesser evil, as I said. Some will stack weapons. Some will spend 8hrs a day gaming and get their min/max in 2 weeks. The rest...?

But isn't my main point right? If min-maxed pro-beasts all played ranked, there'd be no need for comm caps.

Why min-max pros don't play ranked (now, and pre 2.0) is a whole other thread.

With the PvE comms, the limit is being artificially increased to deal with the upcoming excess when everything is turned basic comms.

So if the limit remains 1,000 basic comms, big "if since no one knows what the cap will be, and I have that maxed, when I gain basic comms from the conversion of all the other comm that limit will be temporarily increased.

You're missing the important piece, the elite and ultimate coms (the ones that gives you ACTUAL OP gear) are reset, and there is no way to refund armor to get more. Elite is the operation equivalent to wz coms, not basics.

Also you're creating a false equivalency. There is no pvp com conversion in 3.0. If your ranked coms were being converted to reg coms, but the limit remained 2750, you'd have a point.

Edited by TezMoney

Apparently that cap wouldn't even matter. When they covered all the planet comms to A planet comm, all my characters had 200 comms even though the cap was 100. It literally said 200/100

Well, if they took away ranked comms and converted them into regular comms for 3.0, they would do the exact same thing in giving you a higher cap in 3.0 until you spend your comms. Then the cap would return to normal.

So, I don't really understand your point.

You came to the pvp forum and posted in a pvp thread about how pve exists too?

What the flying ---- is your point?

Did you even read the post I was replying to? People are coming at this like the dev's care about pvp com banking... they don't!

That this decision wasn't made just to spite pvp players banking coms. In fact, I believe it was completely targeted at PVE OPs players so they couldn't get a head start on their gear grind, and the effect on pvp players was a secondary.

Edited by TezMoney

Did you even read the post I was replying to? People are coming at this like the dev's care about pvp com banking... they don't!

That this decision wasn't made just to spite pvp players banking coms. In fact, I believe it was completely targeted at PVE OPs players so they couldn't get a head start on their gear grind, and the effect on pvp players was a secondary.

This is extremely true.

They wanted to make PvP skill based, not gear based, and yet they still use the "dangle the carrot in front of the pvper" using gear as rewards for the effort. It's just dumb imo. You should be able to buy PvP Armoring / Mods / Enhancements / hilts / etc from a vendor for 1 credit each, and they sell for that too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.