PVP on PVE server? dont get it.

Serinda

Hi,

Just about 15 minutes ago, i was trying to get to one of the hidden holocrons on tatooine. Inside the cave i was fighting some tuskens gold and regular. Then suddenly a group of republic solders/rebels come wander by, who seemed to be flagged for PVP. Due to the area damage i did on the tusken NPC's, i hitted them aswell and got PVP enabled. Whats this about? I'm playing on a PVE server and currently not interested in any PVP.

If its gonna be like this, ill guess this is gonna give some griefing. U just run up with a PVP group to some person fighting npc's and waiting till he does some area damage and dead PVE player.

Kinda disappointed about this and hope this tef(old swg term) system is just a bug.

Thanks

Hitting enemy players flagged for pvp will also enable yours. Yes, that includes accidental aoe.

At least be thankful it wasn't some retard flagged for pvp who keeps trying to jump into your aoe so he flags you for pvp and ganks you. Seen cases.

Hitting enemy players flagged for pvp will also enable yours. Yes, that includes accidental aoe.

At least be thankful it wasn't some retard flagged for pvp who keeps trying to jump into your aoe so he flags you for pvp and ganks you. Seen cases.

Problem is, i was almost at the end of the cave getting to the holocron, so i just used the rez thingy to get up again. Unfortunately u stay PVP enabled when u do. So second dead was unavoidable. Luckely they left and didn't camped the holocron, so i was able to get to it.

Edited by Serinda

This used to happen in wow, its real easy to avoid..

just don't use aoe, when you see these flagged idoits coming on you, stop using aoe and just use single target attacks. it may make the battle longer but you won't flag. also rember to use the tab key to select targets when the idiots are around, that way you don't acdiently click on one of them and flag yourself.

when the battles done feel free to give them the finger and get on an alt and laugh at them. that way they know what special children they are and how you won't fall for there fail wow tricks.

As i didnt expected it and they popped up as a suprise behind me when i was fighting, but ill know what to expect now. Altough imho, it shouldn't work like this and hope they fix/change it.

Its still odd, i tought on the PVE servers there was only PVP in the designated Area's etc. And not world PVP as on the PVP servers.

So whats the difference between the PVE and PVP servers then?

As i didnt expected it and they popped up as a suprise behind me when i was fighting, but ill know what to expect now. Altough imho, it shouldn't work like this and hope they fix/change it.

Its still odd, i tought on the PVE servers there was only PVP in the designated Area's etc. And not world PVP as on the PVP servers.

So whats the difference between the PVE and PVP servers then?

It is just something that has been overlooked by BW. If a player is flagged you can attack them, AOE is an attack. That's why this happened, regardless of you being flagged or not. Attacking a flagged enemy will flag you.

This should be hotfixed as it can (and did in your case) lead to griefing on a PvE server.

Problem is, i was almost at the end of the cave getting to the holocron, so i just used the rez thingy to get up again. Unfortunately u stay PVP enabled when u do. So second dead was unavoidable. Luckely they left and didn't camped the holocron, so i was able to get to it.

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

PvE'rs do not like to PvP. My assertion is correct.

It was the same in wow at first. They need to fix aoe so it can't hit players unless both of the players are pvp flagged. Makes it too easy to grief with the current setup

This ^

I remember on some games people would stealth and hie near people waiting for them to AoE so they and nearby allies could gank.

Hi,

Just about 15 minutes ago, i was trying to get to one of the hidden holocrons on tatooine. Inside the cave i was fighting some tuskens gold and regular. Then suddenly a group of republic solders/rebels come wander by, who seemed to be flagged for PVP. Due to the area damage i did on the tusken NPC's, i hitted them aswell and got PVP enabled. Whats this about? I'm playing on a PVE server and currently not interested in any PVP.

If its gonna be like this, ill guess this is gonna give some griefing. U just run up with a PVP group to some person fighting npc's and waiting till he does some area damage and dead PVE player.

Kinda disappointed about this and hope this tef(old swg term) system is just a bug.

Thanks

Well, they are cowards, plain and simple. Anyway, damage should not effect other players unless you are PVP, and that means you flag for it. Frankly I think PVP flags should only be able to be set in certain areas by NPCs. On a PVE server I mean. Then you run around PVP, period, or you don't. You can't just run away an unflag when you no longer have the advantage, or you cannot ambush someone who is flagged on your terms. This would prevent this kind of nonsense from occuring.

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

PvE'rs do not like to PvP. My assertion is correct.

So what? You just make an argument for me. Gankers are not interested in PVP, they are interested in making other players lives miserable, and it gals them they there aren't more people for them to victimize, so they bemoan PVE servers and throw invectives in hopes of goading players into being their victims. Social sociopaths are they.

It's happening on the RP server I am playing on as well, they try to stand right on top of the mob your shooting to try to flag you.

They are just a bunch of idiots trying to ruin your fun. Just don't use aoe and they will get bored and leave. Hopefully BW will fix this exploit soon.

You can volunteer to be pvp flagged on a pve server. There's a toggle for it. Additionally, doing damage to a flagged player (and/or healing/buffing a flagged player but I'm not sure on those) will flag you. Its best to wait 5 minutes before ressing in the event you accidentally flag and are being camped. After 5 minutes the flag drops.

Its there to allow players on pve servers to participate in world pvp if they so choose. It shouldn't force someone to pvp if they accidentally do something, however.

They seriously need to fix it so accidental AoE doesn't flag you.

Or better yet, in Rift there was an option where if you turned it on you could never, ever be flagged until you turned it off. You couldn't heal flagged players at all, or do accidental aoe damage. I believe it even prevented you from accidentally right clicking an enemy player and attacking them. This would be the best option, as it would allow people to opt out of world pvp entirely without affecting those who still want to world pvp. It wouldn't affect warzones in the slightest, you could still join them with the option enabled.

And before someone says 'well if you want world pvp roll on a pvp server' a lot of people like consensual pvp. Today, I want to world pvp. Yesterday I didn't, but I still wanted to play my main. Tomorrow I don't know yet. In wow I ran around for 2 years permaflagged, but as the player base (on my server anyway) grew less mature in the first expansion and beyond it got less 'friendly rivalry' and more 'frustrating and going to hurl mouse through monitory'

So these days I roll on a pve server, and when I wanna pvp I warzone. Occasionally flag up. Especially if there are open world pvp objectives, I love those.

Back in the day we called it the green plague. Someone would join our instance flagged, get healed or buffed, and the pvp flag would spread through the entire raid in seconds. Not an issue when in an instance, but an issue when zoning out of the instance XD

+1 to this needs to be fixed.

Also, "Just do not use AOE attacks" is no solution. You can just send a stealther to the mobs you attack so you get flagged by him before you even know he/she is there.

Lot of my specials are somewhat AOE attacks or do AOE damage, so by not using them, im kinda rendering useless is combat. So indeed, this needs to be looked at.

It was the same in wow at first. They need to fix aoe so it can't hit players unless both of the players are pvp flagged. Makes it too easy to grief with the current setup

Rift works the same way. If you're not wanting to PvP and a flagged player in near your combat don't AoE.

Hi,

Thanks

If you are on Jekk Jekk server I'd help you with my stealth dps sweetie. Try to get your guildies to back you up if you spot potential grief campers. Stealth griefer is hard to detect as they will sit right next to an enemy so you when you aoe ... well watch out.

Hi,

Thanks

Working as intended.

PVE != no PVP

PVE servers means consentual pvp! You attacked a grouped of flagged players, flagging yourself. It works this way in almost every MMO game.

Hi,

...m playing on a PVE server and currently not interested in any PVP.

Thanks

SWTOR PvE servers as supposed to be only about consensual PvP. I hope they will fix it so what you described cannot be exploited to force someone into PvP by jumping deliberatly into his AoE.

Or say otherwise, one should not be able to damage the other faction until he is flagged for PvP.

Edited by Elysith

Working as intended.

PVE != no PVP

PVE servers means consentual pvp! You attacked a grouped of flagged players, flagging yourself. It works this way in almost every MMO game.

Except it wasnt concentual. She was using an AoE ability to get the mobs down. These guys that flagged for PvP suddenly jumped into her AoE, flagging her and then promptly killed her. Doesnt sound like she choose to pvp to me.