The Bias Conspiracy

Silenceo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also would like to point out something here...but this whole biased thing to...

"Well such and such are/is trained to kill Jedi/Sith, so this means that they are superior!"

There are a few problems with this....

1. This is stated in pretty much....every other cutscene involving the JK/SW/JC/SI....to the point where it seems like bragging rather than something that is actually true. Not saying it can't be true, but....they are only statements usually made by the enemy, which isn't really backed up by any sort of proof other than words.

Even if true, what Jedi/Sith are we talking about exactly? For all we know, it could mean they have fought against inexperienced Jedi/Sith, it doesn't automatically mean they fought full fledged Jedi Knights/Apprentices or Masters/Lords.

2. Fighting a Jedi/Sith doesn't = to being superior to a Non-Force user. Fighting a Jedi/Sith is an entirely different situation in combat, than a regular person who could have some different gadgets at their disposal, who will use unorthodox tactics, fight dirty etc, etc.

Knowledge is fine in regards to battling Jedi/Sith, but that knowledge completely goes out the window and is useless when someone isn't facing one and is facing something else entirely.

=====

So just trying to clear this up

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Like I said, in the same way Vader and RotJ Luke is comparable to him (IE Vader IS comparable to Sidious, he is confirmed 80% of sidious that is comparable) yes Yoda again we KNOW is the greatest Grand Master Pre-Luke, but again that doesnt mean he cant be comparable to others, after all his subordinate Windu was close enough in strength that he actually faired BETTER against Sidious.

I think I am starting to understand peoples problem, they dont understand the definition of "Comparable"

That 20% is huge. 20% of 2,000,000 is a massive number compared to 20% of 500. Force Unleashed is considered Canon. Star Killer was around Vader's level. We saw what happened when he fought Sidious. Vader could NOT kill Sidious on his own. This is why he kept seeking to ally himself with someone else who could. If Vader could kill Sidious he would have done so. He could not and many sources stated that.

Not to mention that comparison is only to his "Old Decrepit" body. Not his clone bodies which he had far more power since he was younger.

Edited by Rhyltran

I also would like to point out something here...but this whole biased thing to...

"Well such and such are/is trained to kill Jedi/Sith, so this means that they are superior!"

There are a few problems with this....

1. This is stated in pretty much....every other cutscene involving the JK/SW/JC/SI....to the point where it seems like bragging rather than something that is actually true. Not saying it can't be true, but....they are only statements usually made by the enemy, which isn't really backed up by any sort of proof other than words.

Even if true, what Jedi/Sith are we talking about exactly? For all we know, it could mean they have fought against inexperienced Jedi/Sith, it doesn't automatically mean they fought full fledged Jedi Knights/Apprentices or Masters/Lords.

2. Fighting a Jedi/Sith doesn't = to being superior to a Non-Force user. Fighting a Jedi/Sith is an entirely different situation in combat, than a regular person who could have some different gadgets at their disposal, who will use unorthodox tactics, fight dirty etc, etc.

Knowledge is fine in regards to battling Jedi/Sith, but that knowledge completely goes out the window and is useless when someone isn't facing one and is facing something else entirely.

=====

So just trying to clear this up

Agreed, Fighting Skilled Non Force users and Fighting Force users take 2 very different skill sets. I dont think they translate 100%.

That 20% is huge. 20% of 2,000,000 is a massive number compared to 20% of 500. Force Unleashed is considered Canon. Star Killer was around Vader's level. We saw what happened when he fought Sidious. Vader could NOT kill Sidious on his own. This is why he kept seeking to ally himself with someone else who could. If Vader could kill Sidious he would have done so. He could not and many sources stated that.

But he did, I believe the more correct statement was he could not kill Sidious with out assistance/ with out getting himself killed. And remember the one Galen beat was a Pre A New Hope Vader, who was still suffering quite a bit from his injuries, he was still almost twice as good by the time of RotJ.

But he did, I believe the more correct statement was he could not kill Sidious with out assistance/ with out getting himself killed. And remember the one Galen beat was a Pre A New Hope Vader, who was still suffering quite a bit from his injuries, he was still almost twice as good by the time of RotJ.

No he wasn't. After "Rise of Lord Vader." he already gained full control of his suit and body. The novel completely stated that. Yes he couldn't kill Sidious without assistance. Exactly my point. Also furthermore? Lucas stated that Windu won the LIGHTSABER DUEL. Yes, Windu is a better lightsaber duelist if lightsabers is the only thing they were using. He was going to lose when he employed force lightning.

Well it was actually more to it than that, Galen only beat pre-ANH Vader because...

1. Vader was a shadow of his former self at the time. IE: He wasn't as good as his previous self, nor was he as good as he later was.

2. Galen had a speed advantage.

3. Galen abused his Force power.

4. Galen knew Vader's fighting style, which you think this wouldn't be a factor considering Vader should have known how he would fight but for the sake of the novel, he seemed to have forgot that.

ESB-ROTJ Vader is another story entirely as he is superior to Pre-ANH Vader in Force and Saber combat.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well it was actually more to it than that, Galen only beat pre-ANH Vader because...

1. Vader was a shadow of his former self at the time. IE: He wasn't as good as his previous self, nor was he as good as he later was.

2. Galen had a speed advantage.

3. Galen abused his Force power.

4. Galen knew Vader's fighting style, which you think this wouldn't be a factor considering Vader should have known how he would fight but for the sake of the novel, he seemed to have forgot that.

ESB-ROTJ Vader is another story entirely as he is superior to Pre-ANH Vader in Force and Saber combat.

In Force Unleashed Vader was a wrecking ball and Starkiller won nearly on luck (I know I know. No luck in star wars but even he couldn't fully explain how he won. He really shouldn't have.) Vader was already capable of destroying Jedi Masters, his suit was made to withstand force lightning, and he had already killed numerous jedi in his new suit at that point.

In Force Unleashed Vader was a wrecking ball and Starkiller won nearly on luck (I know I know. No luck in star wars but even he couldn't fully explain how he won. He really shouldn't have.) Vader was already capable of destroying Jedi Masters, his suit was made to withstand force lightning, and he had already killed numerous jedi in his new suit at that point.

You're right, he was able to. But even so, he was still weak compared to what he once was which is a factor in that. And it was more due to CIS on Vader's part and PIS if you really wanna know this luck that Galen had.

But....it's not canon anymore so yay. Although the games did showcase some awesome specialized Troopers and Vehicles...probably the only good things to come out of the 2.

You're right, he was able to. But even so, he was still weak compared to what he once was which is a factor in that. And it was more due to CIS on Vader's part and PIS if you really wanna know this luck that Galen had.

But....it's not canon anymore so yay. Although the games did showcase some awesome specialized Troopers and Vehicles...probably the only good things to come out of the 2.

Except the whole point of Rise of Lord Vader is he gets over that which is before Starkiller.

Except the whole point of Rise of Lord Vader is he gets over that which is before Starkiller.

Death Star says otherwise, which came out after Rise and before Force Unleashed.

But regardless....it's still just crap.

He had trouble with a *********** Shadow Guardsmen before the fight, and all his fights previously he had trouble with too.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Where does that idea come from? Didn't you see ROTJ. I'm pretty sure his suit DID NOT withstand force lightning

It actually did for a brief moment, Palpatine's Lighting is the strongest ever. In other stories, Vader has withstood powerful lighting attacks and lighting nets, coming out unharmed really. Palpatine's Lighting though, effectively destroyed the suit.

But yes Vader did modify his suit to be resistant to Lighting.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It actually did for a brief moment, Palpatine's Lighting is the strongest ever. In other stories, Vader has withstood powerful lighting attacks and lighting nets, coming out unharmed really. Palpatine's Lighting though, effectively destroyed the suit.

But yes Vader did modify his suit to be resistant to Lighting.

Plus his suit had been breached already by Luke.

Where does that idea come from? Didn't you see ROTJ. I'm pretty sure his suit DID NOT withstand force lightning

Foce unleashed mentioned him upgrading his suit to withstand force lightning from Galen Merek. Future events had him withstanding electrical based attacks and force lightning just as Wolf stated.

Palpatine's lightning could burn someone down to nothing. Quite literally.

Edited by Rhyltran