Jarael's Tunic Clips

HuNtOziO

The flap at the back clips with your butt, and you can see your right cheek protruding through! How cheeky :).

But please, this is a sort of rare drop and was an expensive buy off the GTN, just to find out it clips.

My character is a type 2 female.

Thank you, a speedy fix would be welcome.

Its almost as if its not registering the fact that my character have legs..

Like, it sways just fine when turning and moving in general, but it falls straight through my butt when standing still and my feet phases through while running.

This one is awfull. People pay cash for an insane crazy rare drop ant they get this...? Really? :mad:

Yeah, I bought two hypercrates to get this, and all it got me was the bracers and pants.. Had to scrape together the ingame credits to buy the rest that way, making my purchase of the hypercrates completely pointless.

And then it phases through my butt, so now i'm broke ingame, irl, and in my faith.

While the whole bum-clipping can be sort of worked around with dye modules (mind you it still shows but it's less glaring) the front "bulge" is rather unfortunate, lol.

Also, if you do anything with your character that disturbs the... "cloth falling straight down"-mechanics the fabric goes nuts and violently clips through your torso. Like pushups or handstands etc. You have to un-equip it and put it on again to make the cloth fall down.

Also also; if you ride a standing up mount, like the Longspur STAP, the front fabric spazzes out and flickers.

It's almost if the coding or whatever got turned around so the game thinks the back is the front and so on when you're in game.

It looks fine in cutscenes and preview, surely this would be an easy thing to fix if this is the case?

Please do as it is an awesome looking piece of armor. =)

Also, if you do anything with your character that disturbs the... "cloth falling straight down"-mechanics the fabric goes nuts and violently clips through your torso. Like pushups or handstands etc.

...or like force leap. Seriously, I have to watch the tunic cliping through my sentinel's torso almost every time I charge into battle. Gets annoying. Group members' jokes get annoying, too :D

Please, please fix it.

Edited by Yria

Considering how expensive and rare this top was, I hope they fix it as it's quite distracting and unfortunate. :eek:

Yeah, its not so much "just" the fact that it clips.. Its having spent roughly 70euro and 2mil credits in an effort to get the thing, only to have it be a buggy mess that stings.

Oh well, atleast I got plenty of Ulgo banners and unsellable speeders/weapons/spacemissionxpboosts...

Game Update 2.10.3 Patch Notes

Cartel Market

•Balanced Combatant’s Bracers no longer clip through the forearms on Male Body Type 3.

Not to sound bitter or anything...but is it really more important to fix a pair of bracers for one body type than a kinda elaborate (and super expensive) chest piece that clips horribly and also makes your character appear to have a bit of very happy male anatomy on every character type that uses it?

I mean, all fixes are good but perhaps a bit of prioritizing is in order?

Hello there Gaspy here,

I really don't use the Forums that much, but I really liked the look of this item in the Collections when I could view and was excited. I bought a Hypercrate to get it (which I didn't, by the way) so I caved and bought it for a whopping 1.4mil creds and was rather disappointed to see the horrible graphic work on it, the clipping and the pelvic bulge, not appealing on either gender character.

Though I don't know if BW will heed our pleas, I urge you to fix this soon, or I will have wasted all that dough.

Thanks,

Gaspydandrum

Well, i guess it could be worse, in Star Trek Online, the orion bikini flaps not only have the weird "bulge" but they also have "air graphics" (I guess they were going for the 'moves slightly in air currents' look) but since they synced it oddly, all the guys dressing up their orions in h°°ker mode with said loincloth bikinis look like they have perpetual super strong gas....

Either way, just another obvious "passing glance dev ok" on this item.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I really liked the look of this item in the Collections when I could view and was excited. I bought a Hypercrate to get it (which I didn't, by the way) so I caved and bought it for a whopping 1.4mil creds and was rather disappointed to see the horrible graphic work on it, the clipping and the pelvic bulge, not appealing on either gender character.

Note to Bioware: I suspect this guy will remember this experience next time he's tempted to buy a hypercrate, or pay a lot of credits for an armor piece.

Hey everyone, we are aware of the issue and are working to get it fixed. That said, I don't know what update it will be in yet! I'll let you know when I find out.

-Tait

I don't mean to be rude, but how come a cosmetic item gets a response yet people being unable to play the game doesn't?

While you are at it, check also the Jarael Waist on female type 1 (wanted to wear it with the Atris tunic and the waist is like floating around me -the part with the bags-

Thank you

(have a picture but seems i can not post any on the forum)

Edited by Moranae
typo

While you are at it, check also the Jarael Waist on female type 1 (wanted to wear it with the Atris tunic and the waist is like floating around me -the part with the bags-

Thank you

(have a picture but seems i can not post any on the forum)

I've said it before, and I'll continue saying it as I'm pretty sure the people designing the sets probably feel the same way...

Pieces from different sets aren't designed to go together. While what you're saying might be a bug with the way the belt sits on a body type 1 female, I just want people to have realistic expectations. Jarael's Belt wasn't designed to go with Atris's Tunic, it was designed to go with Jarael's Tunic. If you still see the problem with Jarael's Tunic previewed or equipped, I guess it would be a bug, but if not I just explained why in my previous sentence. :)

I like mixing and matching pieces from many different sets myself, but if something I want to use clips or doesn't sit right, I find a different piece that does.

Edited by Saregon

I've said it before, and I'll continue saying it as I'm pretty sure the people designing the sets probably feel the same way...

Pieces from different sets aren't designed to go together. While what you're saying might be a bug with the way the belt sits on a body type 1 female, I just want people to have realistic expectations. Jarael's Belt wasn't designed to go with Atris's Tunic, it was designed to go with Jarael's Tunic. If you still see the problem with Jarael's Tunic previewed or equipped, I guess it would be a bug, but if not I just explained why in my previous sentence. :)

I like mixing and matching pieces from many different sets myself, but if something I want to use clips or doesn't sit right, I find a different piece that does.

I could not agree more if and i say IF, they sold the set as a whole, specifying that you can not mix them with others.

I always mixed part of sets when i can, either because the look fits more to my character or because prices are sometimes outrageous, and having to buy the whole for two accounts is sometimes quite hard (though i make it also from time to time).

They worked on that belt, so it can fit with other stuff as i can wear it with the Kreia chest : the look is totally different, but no bugs here as the little bags simply vanished.

So if i can use it with another chest (Kreia) i should be able to use it too with any other.

Also once they will correct the Jarael chest they may notice that the part of the belt with the bags hangs on the back of the thight (below your behind) when it shoud be on the side of the hip .

Try to sit with little bags hanging below your behind, its not quite normal haha

I could not agree more if and i say IF, they sold the set as a whole, specifying that you can not mix them with others.

That's quite a silly reason for not agreeing with me. There are countless pieces of armor in this game, all or most of which belong to a certain set. They cannot reasonabley make every single piece of every single set work with each other without clipping or other visual issues. Whether you believe it or not, Jarael's Belt was designed to work with Jarael's Tunic...Not Atris's, not Kreia's, or anything else. Like I said, I like mixing different sets together too, but if something doesn't look right, I'll find a different piece that does.

Again, I'm not arguing about whether they should fix what you're talking about or not, if there's a bug with it, it should be fixed. I'm just saying be realistic, Jarael's set was designed to work as a whole, whether available in individual pieces or not. To mix and match with other sets, you have to get lucky basically. There's been plenty of times I've tried a certain belt, or pants or whatever with some looks I was trying to make, and if they didn't work...as in clipping or bad color unification, etc....I would find a different piece I like that worked.

Edited by Saregon