Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Beniboybling

Haha, I get Nasan Godera, this spy debate is writing itself...
Assuming Godera is a member of SIS leadership?

EDIT: OK so he appears to be in charge of the Advanced Development Laboratories so that seems fair.

Also if a spymaster is just someone in charge of their own operations, I don't think they would be permitted.

EDIT: Also when are we getting this thing, I don't like to be kept waiting!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression there was a rule that the people who make up a service was not part of your group but rather a generic version/ same basic organization and skill set. Like Rouge Squadron doesnt actually give you ALL of the Rouges, or Wraith squadron or the like.

I was under the impression there was a rule that the people who make up a service was not part of your group but rather a generic version/ same basic organization and skill set. Like Rouge Squadron doesnt actually give you ALL of the Rouges, or Wraith squadron or the like.
Well yes, aside from leadership, its just a question of what makes that up.

You keep distracting me with shiny In-depth threads.

Speaking of which, mine's up, I'll work on the spy thing now and hope to get it posted tonight.

Very good. I'll check it out.

I think that I would like to get this called tomorrow, so if you can post final thoughts as well, that would be swell.

Ok, time for special subterfuge, with a nice cameo from Vehicles :D

Spy-business:

While the director of SIS and Theron remain on coruscant to undermine the Resistance effort, Arden Kothe would take a squad and all the Rebel Infiltrators to Kuat.

Theron Shan was the best slicer the republic had, one of the most prominent agents who organised some of the most successful missions in the war. On Coruscant, he'll slice the enemy systems, transmit hacks that can be implanted into the Resistance vehicles to make them behave erratically, and watch senators for treason.

The Director will manage all SIS operations, counter intelligence against the Resistance, and stopping all attempts to blackmail or seduce senators.

Arden Kothe gives access to brainwashing formula, which is brilliantly helpful for this situation. It can even be used to take control of the Kuat sector and get them backing the Reborn. Casually getting it into the Senators' system would be easy, the programming is simple after that, and hey presto all Senate situations are sorted, and one of the most powerful backers politically for the resistance falls.

As Arden Kothe is in the Kuati sector however, he can work on actually getting this serum into all the leaders of the company, the board of directors and the general CEO. A few days after the fighting breaks out, Nomi and Mace will see their supplier magically switch allegiance to the Reborn, with no trace as to why. It is here they are faced with a decision, have the board of directors killed and seize control, or power through the reinforcements that the Kuati would give to the reborn.

Either way, Kuat won't be supplying the Resistance. The infiltrators will have gotten Kothe and his Serum in there, and once the company decides to defect, they can do many different things. If Nomi and Mace kill the leaders, or the takeover of the Senator fails, or for some reason the Serum doesn't work, the infiltrators can infiltrate the factories with SIS help.

Here they can implant codes into the factory itself, either shutting down segments or very slightly altering the vehicles manufacturing process to create a model that does not function. Better yet, they can implant the reactors or engines with a self destruct code, which each Spec Ops can transmit using their signal packs to completely devastate any attacking clone force.

If the plan fails, the Reborn forces (Kothe and his Infiltrators) can board the Venators that will be used to ferry supplies and take over the vessels silently without anyone realising. Should two interdictors ambush them (As ordered by Wedge) there will only be one Venator to fight, against another venator, two interdictors and 100 BT-7 thunderclaps. While the Reborn would lose half the shipment by destroying a venator, they gain half a shipment of vehicles too, along with a capital ship that they can actually use to drop Vehicles right on top of the Jedi Temple. As Nomi would be expecting the reinforcements to help her, the Venators deploy juggernauts filled with Reborn troops, Isotope-5 droids from the hutts and multiple kuat tanks right on top of her base, unabated. This gives Revan a massive advantage, as he can draw troops away from her siege on the Executive building, or even use it to finally take the Jedi Temple.

On the subject of vehicles...

I really think the resistance vehicles are being overrated.

Concussion missiles were designed to penetrate armor and destroy large vehicles. Each of my tanks is armed with a large amount of concussion missiles, which can be fired at oncoming vehicles or marching clones. What is beautiful about the defense of the Executive Building is the shape, these concussion missiles fire straight out, so the tanks may hide under the mushroom shaped overlap of the building, saving them from artillery.

Speaking of artillery, what is better for slaughtering charging clones than MPTL-2a's? Their blast radius was large, could take out all of the Resistance's vehicles except maybe a juggernaut, and they had an impressive range. Generally relying on spotter droids, Spec Ops or SIS could fill the role, as all they needed was coordinates.

While the airspeeders might not be able to actually fly due to the fighters of the Resistance, they contain a large array of weapons, namely 2 double laser canons and a light repeating blaster. These can be ripped off and mounted as weapons by the Hutt Cartel, being able to be used to gun down clone troopers as they charge the Executive building, helping to thin the numbers before they arrive in the halls.

Another important thing to note is that if the weapons stay on the Airspeeders, they can be used to target the artillery of the Resistance by flying straight at them and using the tow cables to rip them off the buildings and plumet them into the ground. These speeders flew at 1,100 kph, which would make them far too fast for the fighters of the Resistance to react to if they were deployed rapidly during a siege.

Okey dokey, I'll wait for Rayla to make something of a final argument or response to the post ('cause she'll probably want to do that), then I'll get on posting the decision tomorrow.

I'm not going to recount (going through the thread for an eighth time is too much, lol), so you got what you got. Capeesh? :p

Oh, Wolf had some stuff to say on the Rebel Infiltrators:

Zenwolf wrote on Nov 25th, 2014 11:46 PM:

In regards to Tune's post about Rebel Infiltrators.

1. Yes, they did have training from Imperial Royal Guardsmen, Vin Northal and also was is on the frontlines leading Infiltrators, completing missions that were otherwise noted as "Impossible". In his free time he is a Infiltrator instructor.

2. The bit about the troopers being sealed in a hanger and having to rely on other senses other than sight for a week is true. They also have extremely advanced stealth training and advanced melee and H2H training.

quote:

Infiltrators receive advanced melee and hand to hand combat training, slugthrower drills, primitive mechanical weapons drills and extremely advanced stealth training, involving a week in a sealed black hanger operating entirely on non-visual senses.

- Taken from Rules of Engagement

The bit about them being able to take out an entire squad though if all their shots connected right....don't know where that comes from.

He really is. Too bad I couldn't get him for my faction.

Beni actually tried to get me to replace Traya with him back in the Dark Imperium, because he thought she was too powerful with that faction at her control.

I'd be curious to see how I would have done with him...

Beni actually tried to get me to replace Traya with him back in the Dark Imperium, because he thought she was too powerful with that faction at her control.

I'd be curious to see how I would have done with him...

I'm not sure, honestly. I'm not sure how powerful Jadus is in comparison to Traya or Vader.

Jadus would probably *****tomp Lumiya and Jerec, not gonna lie.

That guy is crazy powerful.

Eeeh, I am not sure I would say that. I would state reasons, but Beni likely won't allow him, so not worth mentioning. :rolleyes:

As for curb stomping the 6 Dark Jedi, 1 vs 1 yes he does indeed. Though, if it was all of them at once, I would say they would at least put up quite a fight. Though due to The Dark Temple, Jerec could likely finally complete his *7 Dark Jedi, one mind* goal which might make them exponentially stronger. But I digress! :p

It ain't time for our debate yet Aurbere! :D