The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What do you buy, and where do you spend planetary coms?

Chiricahua

Depending on how much you're going to play this character now, you may decide to save as many of them as possible for after the update, as they will most likely get you better gear in a month.

This. I'm currently maxing out the planetary comms on all my chars, since they'll become basics after 3.0. Sure, they might have a poor conversion rate, but anything I can spend them on then will be light years ahead of what I can buy now.

Also, with the legacy bank it is now much easier to "transfer" comms to other characters. Buy armorings, place them in legacy bank, and pick them up to return them for the same amount of comms on a different character. Doesn't work with gear though, only modifications.

This. I'm currently maxing out the planetary comms on all my chars, since they'll become basics after 3.0. Sure, they might have a poor conversion rate, but anything I can spend them on then will be light years ahead of what I can buy now.

Also, with the legacy bank it is now much easier to "transfer" comms to other characters. Buy armorings, place them in legacy bank, and pick them up to return them for the same amount of comms on a different character. Doesn't work with gear though, only modifications.

Wait what? you can refund em for coms from a different char? Never realised that! Capping comms on my pub toons just got a whole pile easier!

... and if you are happy with your current gear (FP-equipped or alike) you can spend them on crates of higher levels. (Careful with artifact crates F2P cant wear artifacts w/o the cartelmarket unlock.)

One can buy crates from the Correlia vendor, where the items can bring a rather nice credit boost at low levels.