Possible way for insta 60 lvl gear on the launch day

Satelle

So I was thinking...and then it occured me. Assuming you can have 3-4 Pendings quest rewards in up right corner (not sure about how many exactly is possible though) and all Weekly Operation quests done that you need only to return them to Mission Dropbox it's very likely you can earn 150 ulti comms on first day. By 3 Pending quests I was reffering to Group Finder 16m Operation reward quests that give you 30 ulti comms - that would be 90 just from those. Also if you complete all Weekly operation quests (which is five of them including Classic ops) you can get 12x5=60 ulti comms. So the trick is, to complete all of these quests and to not take rewards but rather wait instead untill 3.0 is out and then take it all at once. That is 90+60=150 Ulti comms on the launch day.

Same trick goes of course for elite comms. But, is it legal? Will it be even possible or all pending quests will simply vanish (to prevent abusing this trick) along with all elite/ulti comms that you have left from before 3.0?

EDIT: All of the above apply of course as long as you hit 60 lvl pretty fast in few hours though ;p

Edited by Satelle

So I was thinking...and then it occured me. Assuming you can have 3-4 Pendings quest rewards in up right corner (not sure about how many exactly is possible though) and all Weekly Operation quests done that you need only to return them to Mission Dropbox it's very likely you can earn 150 ulti comms on first day. By 3 Pending quests I was reffering to Group Finder 16m Operation reward quests that give you 30 ulti comms - that would be 90 just from those. Also if you complete all Weekly operation quests (which is five of them including Classic ops) you can get 12x5=60 ulti comms. So the trick is, to complete all of these quests and to not take rewards but rather wait instead untill 3.0 is out and then take it all at once. That is 90+60=150 Ulti comms on the launch day.

Same trick goes of course for elite comms. But, is it legal? Will it be even possible or all pending quests will simply vanish (to prevent abusing this trick) along with all elite/ulti comms that you have left from before 3.0?

EDIT: All of the above apply of course as long as you hit 60 lvl pretty fast in few hours though ;p

Since the old missions will no longer exist in their current form (they won't be providing ultimate comms for 55 content), it is doubtful this would work.

More than likely, any pending missions or missions not turned in that had been removed or changed as part of 3.0 would simply vanish.

Feel free to give it a try, though don't expect any support (in-game or on the boards) should the missions vanish leaving you with nothing.

Edited by DawnAskham

That is assuming that those quest rewards will remain the same. Why would they give the best comms in the game for old content? That would mean you could even 2nd best gear in the game without touching level 60 content. Does that sound like something they are going to do?

Well that's troubling matter that's why I raised this question. After Makeb expansion was out I could still get same rewards for old pvp missions as far as I remember. So it may be possible, who knows

That because PvP has always used the exact same system of ranked and regular comms going all the way back to 1.2.

Due to Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy and Rise of the Hutt Cartel creating new versions or replacing missions (such as PvP, [DAILY], and [WEEKLY] missions), you may find that your Mission Log has been altered or that missions you had completed before the patch but did not turn in have been reset or cleared.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=621308

You have been warned. So try it if you like. But don't come crying.

It amazes me to see so many ppl trying to invent tricks and ways to burn through content instead of actually...you know......take their time to enjoy the experience? Even fannier is the fact that the same ppl are probably the ones that will be here in the forums 3 days after 3.0 launches saying:" Ok i've done the 5 lvls storyline and the ops. That was it? What am i supposed to do now? Where's ma content Bioware?".

It amazes me to see so many ppl trying to invent tricks and ways to burn through content instead of actually...you know......take their time to enjoy the experience? Even fannier is the fact that the same ppl are probably the ones that will be here in the forums 3 days after 3.0 launches saying:" Ok i've done the 5 lvls storyline and the ops. That was it? What am i supposed to do now? Where's ma content Bioware?".

That's why we have things like caps on commendations and other tools. MMORPG players have to be saved from their own worst impulses.

Will it be even possible or all pending quests will simply vanish (to prevent abusing this trick) along with all elite/ulti comms that you have left from before 3.0?

Lots of players, like in the last expansion will stack up 20+ quests and hand them in right after expansion launch.

Time will tell what happens.

Edited by Icestar

It amazes me how many ppl make such stupid judgments based on simple question that's hardly relevant to what you even implying. It's irony because probably same ppl who bring up "qq'ing" of others are the ones who usually make complains after any expanion is out only for the sake of complianing. That's your self defence mechanism.

Edited by Satelle

It amazes me how many ppl make such stupid judgments based on simple question that's hardly relevant to what you even implying. It's irony because probably same ppl who bring up "qq'ing" of others are the ones who usually make complains after any expanion is out only for the sake of complianing. That's your self defence mechanism.

If you put an opinion out there about something be aware that people are likely to disagree with you.

It's called life. Suck it up.

If you put an opinion out there about something be aware that people are likely to disagree with you.

It's called life. Suck it up.

That wasn't a "disagreeing" opinion. It's called trolling. He made up an idiotic presumption that wasn't even relevant to the subject nor my personality which he knows nothing about. Accusing me of complaining or putting me in the same bag with whiners that show up after every huge patch release on these forums is based on absolutely nothing but his sick imagination and obvious mental problems. There is a disctinction between posting a "disagreeing argument" and making stuff up that insults me while I simply ask a question regarding commendation matter.

Edited by Satelle

That wasn't a "disagreeing" opinion. It's called trolling. He made up an idiotic presumption that wasn't even relevant to the subject nor my personality which he knows nothing about. Accusing me of complaining or putting me in the same bag with whiners that show up after every huge patch release on these forums is based on absolutely nothing but his sick imagination and obvious mental problems. There is a disctinction between posting a "disagreeing argument" and making stuff up that insults me while I simply ask a question regarding commendation matter.

He didn't even address you personally.

Besides, it's a public forum. Anyone with a subscription can come here and post about anything and anyone. If you don't like that then all you can do is leave. Or chuck all your toys out of the pram and have a tantrum. But option 1 would be wiser.

Which is what I'm doing now.

Besides, it's a public forum. Anyone with a subscription can come here and post about anything and anyone. .

Go on and try it. Go and post anything you want, wherever you want about anybody you want. Let's see for how long can you keep up without getting reported/banned. If you think everything is allowed here I'd suggest you read forum rules. That actually would be the wisest decision.

First of all like already been said i didn't adress you personally. You're the one that's coming back at me and started calling names. I just took the opportunity from your post to judge the overall mentality of a certain group of ppl. Ofc i don't know you thus i just assumed you were one of those. And guess what, your responces are starting to verify my theory.

First of all like already been said i didn't adress you personally. You're the one that's coming back at me and started calling names. I just took the opportunity from your post to judge the overall mentality of a certain group of ppl. Ofc i don't know you thus i just assumed you were one of those. And guess what, your responces are starting to verify my theory.

Lol you quoted the op and then mentioned people coming up with tricks which is the first thing in the op, so yes you were referring to the op.

As to the pvp quests, the pvp weekly reset at 2.0 release because it's a max level quest. One could assume this would happen with things like the classic ops quest as well.

I just took the opportunity from your post to judge the overall mentality of a certain group of ppl. Ofc i don't know you thus i just assumed you were one of those. And guess what, your responces are starting to verify my theory.

More like your responses support my theory of you. Oh and btw, on what basis you "judged" me and "assumed" I'm one of such people? That's very curious.

Edited by Satelle

I want to be 60 at least in my main till the oficial date comes, because I want to bother a bit with crafting, so I can make a fortune of credits :)

other than that. I love to enjoy my lvling a bit slower than " in a few hours', I have many toons, so I will....

I wont bother with conquest for more than 2-3 weeks though...

Edited by Oyranos

I believe that there will be a wipe of the completed but not turned in quests, OP.

I'm pretty sure they they have already mentioned something along these lines (or I may be just recalling the 2.0 announcement). With the rewards being changed, it is likely that you will either get a) basic comms (new reward for 55 content), or b) no comms as they reset the in progress/unfinished/un-turned in missions in your log.