Can we have Darth malgus back, Redeemed?

Makrogai

Malgus is dead and he cannot be redeemed. He is evil and that would ruin him. He was really cool though and I would have joined him and his new empire but Bioware doesn't want a third faction to take attention away from the republic and empire. I wonder how long they can keep the two factions fighting because the empire has to die sometime.

Malgus is dead and he cannot be redeemed. He is evil and that would ruin him. He was really cool though and I would have joined him and his new empire but Bioware doesn't want a third faction to take attention away from the republic and empire. I wonder how long they can keep the two factions fighting because the empire has to die sometime.

To be fair the empire doesn't collapse until several thousand years from now. So they can keep it going for the duration of our (and the characters) lifespans.

We got ~1000 years to work with. The good guys don't always win, hmm?

We got ~1000 years to work with. The good guys don't always win, hmm?

They do when "the Republic that has stood for almost a thousand years will not fall".

Remember, this isn't a case of the Empire can't win just cause they're bad. This is a cause of if the Empire wins the Republic dies, everyone on Coruscant gets slaughtered. The only reason that didn't happen in the first war is because the Emperor demanded peace due to Revan's influence (supposedly).

An Emperor-less Empire that wins the war basically leaves Coruscant full of corpses.

That doesn't happen, so, naturally, the Empire can't ever win the war. That's what happens when their version of victory is "kill everyone".

They do when "the Republic that has stood for almost a thousand years will not fall".

Remember, this isn't a case of the Empire can't win just cause they're bad. This is a cause of if the Empire wins the Republic dies, everyone on Coruscant gets slaughtered. The only reason that didn't happen in the first war is because the Emperor demanded peace due to Revan's influence (supposedly).

An Emperor-less Empire that wins the war basically leaves Coruscant full of corpses.

That doesn't happen, so, naturally, the Empire can't ever win the war. That's what happens when their version of victory is "kill everyone".

This is all speculation: There is no evidence that this is their goal.

The Imperial Agent, in talking to Treek, actually has a speech option to say "We'll only stop when every Republic planet flies an Imperial Banner".

This suggests conquest, not genocide. Killing an entire planet is highly impractical.

Such as with Coruscant: Taking it over secures a major trading hub in the centre worlds, which increases income for the war effort.

The Emperor's Plan was "kill everyone", the Imperial philosophy is that they are destined to RULE the galaxy.

As for the Republic: What's to say it doesn't get revived? I mean, it was restored after the rise of the Galactic Empire.

Edited by Branosaros

Please no. Resurrecting characters is one of worst plot twists you can come up with.

Think about it different way. He forced you in Xanatos gambit (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit), and, when it turned wrong way, willingly sacrificed himself for the good of the Empire. That's part of what makes him cool. No other sith would do this. And if it turns out he had some cunning plan to survive all this, IMHO it will significantly diminish his awesomness.

If it was a Xanatos Gambit, wouldn't that mean he would have a plan to survive it?