Damage Dropping In 3.0

KTap

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 pages - 0 Yellow iiinm.

What does that have to do with anything?

They have already stated:

There is going to be a game wide DPS (and most likely stats too) squish when 3.0 (or the prepatch) is released.

When you gear back up to level 60 you will be approximately the same as you are now. 60 approximately equals 55. They have also already stated:

-Content, if a problem, will be adjusted

-Mobs will actually be easier to kill after the sweeping changes

-This allows the use of current content at 60. This means content is permanent and not trivialized like the level 50 content was when level 55 was unlocked

- The new progression system is being released at the same time (as I am sure that system plays into this)

What more do you want them to say? Specifically, what are you looking for?

Progression isn't about bigger numbers.

Not always no and in this case, IF it was all reduced in a relative manner (say a stat squish) it would be a bit easier to swallow but this is not that kind of adjustment. This is gamers lowered, nothing else changes in relative difficulty. This is every gamer (and any real progression) being nerfed to keep the content you just got out of, been in for a year, at a similar difficulty level even though you just out-leveled it by 5 levels.

I find it a very odd design in a progression based game.

Arkerus

Today , 07:58 PM | #552

They have also already stated:

-Content, if a problem, will be adjusted

-Mobs will actually be easier to kill after the sweeping changes

Please provide a link and or time stamp to where they stated this.

Edited by Lotharofxev
Forgot something

why am i not surprised that you didnt even watch the livestream?

rather than watching it again myself, maybe you should. you seem to be the one that missed things, not me.

What is the mechanism being used to reduce damage? Perhaps people in the closed beta know better (and cannot say) but the reduction of DPS may have nothing to do with stats or the coefficients used to compute damage from stats.

We have a whole new system (Disciplines) replacing the skill trees. Lots of everyone-took-it skills, perhaps including damage buffs for particular attacks or procs, are being altered or eliminated. Some of these skills may only really matter in the hands of players with at least moderate skill levels (for example, those who take optimal advantage of Cascading Power or who can keep their Tactical Advantage at 2 most of the time). Nerfing that class of skills may not affect the damage output of casual players at all.

Is this what they are doing? If so, most players may not see much reduction in damage output: only the more skillful players will.

Well, this post is mainly speculation on my part, I guess we will see ...

Again, I am asking for a timestamp to where they confirmed what the three of you are claiming. Since you seem to be unwilling (or unable) to do so, I can only surmise that you are basing your argument off of Dulfy's site and not what was said in Twitch.
and again, i'm not going to rewatch the entire thing to tell you.

you're the confused on not me, so do your own homework. you have the most to benefit from watching it again since you obviously didnt or not pay attention to it.

maybe you couldnt hear it over the loud clacking of keys as you were making your panic posts

Progression isn't about bigger numbers.

Progression is about becoming more powerful, on a relative basis, against current / old / lower level content as you gain stats through gear and / or levels.

Progression is not about spending a year upgrading several tiers of gear to reach a point where current content is relatively easy (or easier than before obtaining the gear), only to get nerfed and be required to gain five additional levels along with an even higher tier of gear just to return to the relative power level you had before the nerf.

Progression is about becoming more powerful, on a relative basis, against current / old / lower level content as you gain stats through gear and / or levels.

I disagree, Progression raid teams do not measure their progress using parses or TTK. They measure it using boss clears, as in "10/10 NiM DF/DP." Since that's the metric, I would say that progression is about progressing through ever-more-challenging content.

Getting more powerful gear is only part of accomplishing that, and not even the most important part. Mastering your spec, raid awareness, knowledge of the mechanics of each fight, and teamwork are at least as important.

and learning new skills, and learning new specs with the new system, and increased hp, and new ops'

there is progression from 55 to 60; if you dont think so, then try to do the new ops at lvl 55 and report back post haste lol

Again, you're telling me to watch the stream. You might as well claim something dubious and tell me the answer is in the local library.

Because none of you can point to where in the stream the two individuals confirm your claims, I must assume you are either: trolling, don't know what you are talking about or merely being hopeful. Or all three.

On the other hand, if you wish me to point out in the SAME stream where the two said 60's post 3.0 will be where 55's are now, I would be glad to do so.

I have never done any raids but I still know that progression means boss clears, most likely in chronological order.

Again, you're telling me to watch the stream. You might as well claim something dubious and tell me the answer is in the local library.

It's not the stream but it's exactly what's going to happen. You only need to watch the first half of it.

Edited by Halinalle

Because none of you can point to where in the stream the two individuals confirm your claims.

I think you are confusing "can validate" with "is willing to spend their time validating, for the nth time."

Transcripts of the stream are available in this forum; no, I am not going to spend my time doing your work for you by providing a link. Using the location of the text in the transcript you can estimate where to find the statements in the video, and then verify the accuracy of the transcript. Let us know if you find any errors, so they can be corrected.

Feel free to demand I validate my claim that the transcript is available -- I'll just ignore your demand.

Everyone else either has already seen that transcript or can find it themselves if they care, so your demand will simply reflect poorly on you, and my ignoring your demand will reflect well on me. After all, we post to make an impression on the entire audience, otherwise we would just use a PM.

Most will call it what it is. A DPS nerf to keep 2 ops that are a year old and worn out still in play as an alternate way to get comms.

This is not a stat squish and BW reason for doing it makes them look inept. DPs got too high? Really? Sounds like the metrics they used are not worth using so how can gamers expect this DPS nerf to be right when their using the same metrics? The answer to that is, you cannot.

The only reason this is being done is to keep gamers at level 55 power to keep DF/DP around. Thats all.

Blah blah you keep spamming your doom and gloom...I'd watch calling BW names that may be against the TOS...

Just as other posters have been telling you, there is a full transcript of the Developers discussing the adjustment to DPS. It is word-for-word accurate, I should know, I wrote it myself.

The two claims you are so interested in:

1) Content, if a problem, will be adjusted

"Sure, so the trick with that, of course, is relative to the players doing [nightmare Dread Fortress and Dread Palace] now, they might be getting a little more difficult, and that’s true. We will make some adjustments to counteract the Class differences,"

2) Mobs will actually be easier to kill after the sweeping changes

"Now the trick of course is, tangentially related to [players doing less damage], in the lower-level game, something that we wanted to do is we’ve sort of always felt as time has gone on, that the game, especially the (because the game’s more mature now and players tend to play the higher level), that we could speed up the low-level game. So one of the things that we’re doing is, effectively, all the mobs from, like, level 50 on down, all the mobs that you see out in the planetary content and in your Class missions, that kind of stuff, they’re actually all going to die faster. So it won’t be quite such a “slog,” is the word we’re used a lot, so you get through the game a little faster."

Edited by Levram

Players wanting bigger number?

Guys, do you even know what caused stat inflation in WoW? Exactly.

do you understand simple english? this is not about stat inflation

this is about classes outperforming what the devs feel they should be doing. To combat stat inflation you cut damage AND hp by the same percentage. example: if you are doing 10000 points of damage to a mob that has 50000 hp, after the change you will be doing 100 points of damage to a mob with 500 HP. no change in power. this is a nerf where we will be doing 8000 points of damage to mobs with 50000 HP. hopefully you can understand it in simple terms.