The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Commendations in 3.0

Brewski

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried reading through the posts but I might have missed it. Will the 186 rated gear that we will be able to buy with basic coms in 3.0 be available at level 55 since 186 is in the game right now or will we have to level to 60 to buy the 186 gear?

Thanks

All this talk about set bonuses makes me wonder how many players choose the set bonus over being able to control how their character looks. (Unless I'm misunderstanding -- it works the same way as the set bonuses in WoW, right?)

Set bonuses are tied to the armoring instead of the armor shell ever since RotHC was released.

That was in April 2013.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Set bonuses are tied to the armoring instead of the armor shell ever since RotHC was released.

That was in April 2013.

Ah, that makes more sense, I would have expected to see far more of the same armor set over and over if it was tied to the shell (part of why I was curious).

Planetary comms being worth as much as Ultimate doesn't make any sense. At all.

What's the current cap on Planetary? On Ultimate? The Planetary are going to be a drop in the bucket when they're converted over.

Plus, who has Planetary, and needs the new Basic in their place? Leveling characters.

I tried reading through the posts but I might have missed it. Will the 186 rated gear that we will be able to buy with basic coms in 3.0 be available at level 55 since 186 is in the game right now or will we have to level to 60 to buy the 186 gear?

Thanks

I'm wondering this as well? Can anyone answer it? Cause I assume we will get basic comms for progressing through the xpac which means if we can't get 186 (or 180) gear at level 55 then I'll have to do the gear refund trick

Planetary comms being worth as much as Ultimate doesn't make any sense. At all.

Converting 3 Planetaries to 1 Basic makes even less sense.

Page 40.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7824536&postcount=399

Also, it's really easy to find all BW posts in one thread.

Edited by Halinalle

Thanks so that implies 186 gear will be purchaseable from vendors presumably with basic comms at 55.

Dread Master (186 w/ set bonus) will most likely still require tokens (just like Dread Guard is currently). Dread Forged will most likely be available for Basic comms.

Edited by Halinalle

When you realise just how worthless these comms are to the elder game, it will all come to you, I assure you. ;)

They may be less valueable at end game, but they'll still be an important stepping stone to getting properly geared in 3.0.

If you have the commendations you'll be better geared to participate in early level 60 group content, and excess commendations can always be used to gear companions.

Hello guys, please don't beat me if this has already been asked (just so many pages to read). :D

But what will happen to ultimates which are now in the Pending Missions Reward? I have 2 pending missions rewards on 2 chars which I don't accept because of the weekly comm cap, so will these ultimates automatically become basics after I login after patch 3.0 and I can finally take them, or will they just disappear? :(

But what will happen to ultimates which are now in the Pending Missions Reward?

My guess is that the quest will reset.

I do not think they hand out new ultimates used by level 60 for quests completed at level 55 while changing all other commendations to basic.

My guess is that the quest will reset.

I do not think they hand out new ultimates used by level 60 for quests completed at level 55 while changing all other commendations to basic.

So basically you're saying you don't know for sure.

I'm still waiting to hear from Bioware about this because so far it has been a lot of speculation and rumors

So basically you're saying you don't know for sure.

I'm still waiting to hear from Bioware about this because so far it has been a lot of speculation and rumors

Although Bioware has not specifically said which quests will be reset, they have said that some will be when the update occurs. It has been presumed that anything where the quest reward is changing (meaning anything that grants planetary, classic, elite or ultimate commendations) is a good candidate for this. Since they have to adjust the rewards anyway to make sure they are granting the correct commendations, it's a good bet you'll see a progress reset.

But you are correct that they have not specifically addressed any particular quests or rewards yet. At this point, it's also unlikely they will, so at the moment we are standing at the "you were warned, so don't complain if you lose them" point. Personally, I just decided to accept all rewards and take the converted commendations instead of risking losing the rewards completely, but everyone will have to make that call for themselves.

Personally, I just decided to accept all rewards and take the converted commendations instead of risking losing the rewards completely

I would accept all rewards too, but I have weekly max on the ultimates, so if I accept the reward now I will loose them anyway (?)

It would be great if they shut their servers down for upgrade after reseting all weeklies, then people with the same problem could take all rewards and calmly wait for the evening :)

For now it seems that they will start the upgrade at 10:00 GMT, while weeklies usually reset at 12:00GMT?

I would accept all rewards too, but I have weekly max on the ultimates, so if I accept the reward now I will loose them anyway (?)

It would be great if they shut their servers down for upgrade after reseting all weeklies, then people with the same problem could take all rewards and calmly wait for the evening :)

For now it seems that they will start the upgrade at 10:00 GMT, while weeklies usually reset at 12:00GMT?

Yeah, in that case, I guess you are stuck waiting on the rewards to see if the quest is reset. My guess is the outage time for the update will replace the usual weekly reset, so there will be no chance for you to turn them in. I would expect to lose them, but you never know. Pending rewards may be allowed given the limitations they recently put on them.

I look forward to your thread tomorrow morning screaming about how all your stacked missions were reset and "nobody warned you."
I wouldn't do that because I'm not worried about it. I just don't like people speculating without providing a source because once one person does it, everyone does it and it just confuses people.

Also the only ones I have stacked are the dailies from CZ and Oricon so even if they are reset I wouldn't lose anything really besides a few hundred thousand experience, which is nothing in the scheme of things.

Edited by Lt_Awoke