Commendations in 3.0

Brewski

The following items will still be available from drops, vendors, and token exchange vendors:
  • Arkanian
  • Black Market
  • Underworld
  • Kell Dragon
  • Dread Forged
  • Dread Master

The following are no longer available on vendors, but can still be found as drops:

• Verpine
  • Oriconian

The following were only available as drops, and will still be available only as drops:

• Shadowed
  • Dread Touched

Also as a reminder, all current PvP sets will be removed from the game and replaced with the new level 60 sets. You can still find their equivalent appearance in their PvE form though.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Does this mean that any of the old named PvE sets that are not on the list (e.g., Campaign, Black Hole) will be no longer available by any means?

Edited by Heezdedjim

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just guessing, but based on how it was with 2.0, I would expect to see these dropping in the level 55 or 60 FPs.

That's kinda what I was thinking, just hoping for an official response...if I don't get one, at least I know the skins are still available.

I'm just guessing, but based on how it was with 2.0, I would expect to see these dropping in the level 55 or 60 FPs.

I would assume that Verpine and Oriconian gear would only drop in HM and NiM level 55 Ops. The new FPs will likely drop item level 186 pieces.

The following items will still be available from drops, vendors, and token exchange vendors:
  • Arkanian
  • Black Market
  • Underworld
  • Kell Dragon
  • Dread Forged
  • Dread Master

The following are no longer available on vendors, but can still be found as drops:

• Verpine
  • Oriconian

The following were only available as drops, and will still be available only as drops:

• Shadowed
  • Dread Touched

Also as a reminder, all current PvP sets will be removed from the game and replaced with the new level 60 sets. You can still find their equivalent appearance in their PvE form though.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

While it was nice of you to quote me specifically Eric, this was not the answer to my question, at least in part. What of all the equipment that was previously available with planetary commendations? And as was already asked, what will become of the Campaign armor sets?

I would assume that Verpine and Oriconian gear would only drop in HM and NiM level 55 Ops. The new FPs will likely drop item level 186 pieces.

Not that the correlation is the same, but last time there was a level increase, the drops for level 50 hardmode FPs changed from Columi to Black Hole gear (higher item rating). I'd like to think that with this level increase, they would upgrade the item rating drops from level 55 hardmode FPs...from Black Market to Verpine. /shrug

• Arkanian
  • Black Market
  • Underworld
  • Kell Dragon
  • Dread Forged
  • Dread Master

• Verpine
  • Oriconian

• Shadowed
  • Dread Touched

Thanks everyone!

-eric

1.) By "Oriconian" do you mean "Dread Host"? That's rep gear?

2.) Verpine? Come on! That's my favorite. I hate losing that set from the vendors :(

Not that the correlation is the same, but last time there was a level increase, the drops for level 50 hardmode FPs changed from Columi to Black Hole gear (higher item rating). I'd like to think that with this level increase, they would upgrade the item rating drops from level 55 hardmode FPs...from Black Market to Verpine. /shrug

Right, and Black Hole/Campaign was the 2nd highest tier, IIRC. So I do find it odd that they're keeping Black Market gear on the vendor instead of making it Verpine.

I'm still wondering how PvE set bonus acquisition will work. There are three models that have been in place so far:

• Basic set bonus armor can be acquired with comms, from running HM FPs, or from running Ops. BiS set bonus armor can only be acquired from running Ops.

Example: 1.0, where Tionese gear was bought with comms but also dropped directly from HM FPs and from Ops, Columi gear could be bought with comms or with tokens that dropped from HM FPs or SM Ops, and Rakata gear could only be acquired from running HM Ops.

• Set bonus armor can only be acquired from Ops, but individual armorings bearing a set bonus can be purchased with comms.

Example: 1.5, sort of. The 1.0 gear (remember, those set bonuses were bound to the shells, not the armorings) had the same rules, but the new gear (set bonus bound to armorings) had different specifications. Campaign and Dread Guard gear originally only came from tokens dropped in Tier 2 HM/NiM Ops (Explosive Conflict and Terror From Beyond), but in 1.5 they allowed players to use Black Hole commendations to purchase Campaign armorings. The best set bonuses, Dread Guard, still required top-notch raiding, but players could get the lower stuff with comms.

• Set bonuses only come from tokens in Ops.

Example: 2.0, where HM FPs and dailies only give you non-set bonus gear and comms, and you need to win a loot roll in an Op to get a set bonus of any sort.

My personal preference is for the second option. While the best set bonus at level cap should only come from tokens dropped in Ops, it would be nice if casuals (or groupfinder heroes like me, who don't have an Ops group and mostly run HM FPs with randoms) could get the less-fancy set bonus armorings (just the armorings) with comms. We'd still need to grind gear to get our barrels/hilts, mods, and enhancements up to speed, and we'd still need to buckle down and get an Ops group if we wanted anything better than the bare minimum for set bonus (the equivalent of Arkanian armorings in the current live build), but it would give us a way to at least get the bonus at all.

Here is an annotated list of the locations where this gear can be obtained as drops.

Drops: Boss will drop a random piece of gear for a pre-selected gear slot and Advanced Class.

Tokens: Boss will drop a token for a specific gear slot that can be turned in for your preferred Advanced Class.

Random: Each boss drops a token for a random gear slot.

Set: Each boss drops a token for a preassigned gear slot.

• Arkanian <-- tokens: SM TFB/S&V (set), SM DF/DP (random, first three bosses)
  • Black Market <-- drops: L55 HM FPs, SM TFB/S&V, SM DF/DP (first three bosses)
  • Underworld <-- tokens: HM TFB/S&V (set), SM DF/DP (random, last two bosses)
  • Kell Dragon <-- tokens: NM TFB/S&V (set)
  • Dread Forged <-- tokens: HM DF/DP (set)
  • Dread Master <-- tokens: NM DF/DP (set)

• Verpine <-- drops: HM TFB/S&V, SM DF/DP (last two bosses)
  • Oriconian <-- drops: HM DF/DP

• Shadowed <-- drops: NM TFB/S&V
  • Dread Touched <-- drops: NM DF/DP

Edited by Levram

No official word regarding armor rating.

From Levram's post, it seems that the entire quote came from Eric Musco, it didn't. Here's his original post. The rest was Levram's comments. The way I read Eric's post is that all of them will be available in all ways he has listed, e.g.Dread Master will be available through drops, tokens, and vendors. If I'm reading too much into it, they haven't specified what will be available in which way.

But here's Eric's original post for your comparison.

• Arkanian
  • Black Market
  • Underworld
  • Kell Dragon
  • Dread Forged
  • Dread Master

• Verpine
  • Oriconian

• Shadowed
  • Dread Touched

Thanks everyone!

-eric

• Arkanian
  • Black Market
  • Underworld
  • Kell Dragon
  • Dread Forged
  • Dread Master

• Verpine
  • Oriconian

• Shadowed
  • Dread Touched

Thanks everyone!

-eric

What about Campaign/Black Hole and Dread Guard/Hazmat? The stuff currently from the Classic comms vendor and that drops from 50 HM FPs, EV/KP/EC, etc.

1.) By "Oriconian" do you mean "Dread Host"? That's rep gear?

2.) Verpine? Come on! That's my favorite. I hate losing that set from the vendors :(

No, by Oriconian he means Oriconian. It's the non-set-bonus version of Dread Forged, just like Verpine is the non-set-bonus version of Underworld.

Why is the exchange rate for a planetary comm that I get for doing a daily or a story mission the same as an ultimate comm that I get for doing end game raiding and flashpoints? That's ridiculous....

Because the conversion needs to protect the interests of the entire player base, not just the capped end gamers. Planetary commendations may convert at the same rate, but they also have a much lower comm cap. If you're at the max number of planetaries, you still get a maximum of 300 basics in exchange. Assuming commendation prices for equipment generally remain the same as they do now, new 55's/60's still end up with the crappy end of the bargain.

If you have that many ultimates sitting around and are concerned about them losing value, just spend them down some.

Edited by LadyVix

Because the conversion needs to protect the interests of the entire player base, not just the capped end gamers. Planetary commendations may convert at the same rate, but they also have a much lower comm cap. If you're at the max number of planetaries, you still get a maximum of 300 basics in exchange. Assuming commendation prices for equipment generally remain the same as they do now, new 55's/60's still end up with the crappy end of the bargain.

If you have that many ultimates sitting around and are concerned about them losing value, just spend them down some.

So by "protecting" the interests of the entire player body you are simultaneously punishing the work of end game players.

The model being presented is essentially $5 American bills will exchange for $3 Chinese bills and $100 American bills will exchange for $3 Chinese bills. Who would have more $100 bills? People who either worked harder or longer. The value of their earnings will however be the same as those who worked less hard or long. The exchange does not have an appropriate value for each tier and punishes a certain player group.

I'm still wondering how PvE set bonus acquisition will work. There are three models that have been in place so far:

• Basic set bonus armor can be acquired with comms, from running HM FPs, or from running Ops. BiS set bonus armor can only be acquired from running Ops.

Example: 1.0, where Tionese gear was bought with comms but also dropped directly from HM FPs and from Ops, Columi gear could be bought with comms or with tokens that dropped from HM FPs or SM Ops, and Rakata gear could only be acquired from running HM Ops.

• Set bonus armor can only be acquired from Ops, but individual armorings bearing a set bonus can be purchased with comms.

Example: 1.5, sort of. The 1.0 gear (remember, those set bonuses were bound to the shells, not the armorings) had the same rules, but the new gear (set bonus bound to armorings) had different specifications. Campaign and Dread Guard gear originally only came from tokens dropped in Tier 2 HM/NiM Ops (Explosive Conflict and Terror From Beyond), but in 1.5 they allowed players to use Black Hole commendations to purchase Campaign armorings. The best set bonuses, Dread Guard, still required top-notch raiding, but players could get the lower stuff with comms.

• Set bonuses only come from tokens in Ops.

Example: 2.0, where HM FPs and dailies only give you non-set bonus gear and comms, and you need to win a loot roll in an Op to get a set bonus of any sort.

My personal preference is for the second option. While the best set bonus at level cap should only come from tokens dropped in Ops, it would be nice if casuals (or groupfinder heroes like me, who don't have an Ops group and mostly run HM FPs with randoms) could get the less-fancy set bonus armorings (just the armorings) with comms. We'd still need to grind gear to get our barrels/hilts, mods, and enhancements up to speed, and we'd still need to buckle down and get an Ops group if we wanted anything better than the bare minimum for set bonus (the equivalent of Arkanian armorings in the current live build), but it would give us a way to at least get the bonus at all.

It's my understanding (admittedly from data mining results posted on the internet) that set bonuses in 3.0 will be identical from PVE gear and PVP gear. So if you don't run operations on a regular basis, you theoretically could grind PVP for your set bonuses and remod your PVE gear set with the PVP armorings--though the stats on the armorings will be weaker than 186s, at least until a couple seasons go by and gear inflation takes hold.

Personally I'd prefer the second option because I do NOT want to force casual PVErs into my PVP warzones just so they can grind a set bonus without running 8 man content. I always disagreed with leaving set bonuses entirely to RNG--it throws up another barrier to entry for endgame PVE--and would prefer to be able to buy at least non-optimized set bonuses with ults (or their 3.0 equivalent) at least.

So by "protecting" the interests of the entire player body you are simultaneously punishing the work of end game players.

You're not being "punished" at all.

You are not "losing" a single comm's value for your endgame work. Go take an hour or two and farm up 100 planetary comms, then go back to whatever else you were doing. You get the SAME benefit as anyone else, PLUS all the work you did at endgame. How is that a punishment?

As for your analogy, just take your single 100 dollar bill and exchange it at a bank for twenty 5 dollar bills, then go profit at the trade-in. What's the problem?

since this thread has already too many pages, cant look all of them so my question is :

I got ''according to transform of the comms into basic'' i'll have 3016 the Tuesday

Will i got all of them ? I heard that we will have for a limited time above cap access, but so many? 3k ?

ALSO what will happen to older dailies such Ilum and Belsavis, they will drop basic after 3.0?

Edited by Kissakias

since this thread has already too many pages, cant look all of them so my question is :

I got ''according to transform of the comms into basic'' i'll have 3016 the Tuesday

Will i got all of them ? I heard that we will have for a limited time above cap access, but so many? 3k ?

ALSO what will happen to older dailies such Ilum and Belsavis, they will drop basic after 3.0?

Its not that hard to just check the Dev post but clicking on next button and you would see this:

Here goes everyone. Here is the information on the conversion rates around Basic Comms and what will happen when 3.0 launches. Just to reiterate for those unaware, here are the basic changes coming to Commendations:

• All PvE Commendations will become Basic Commendations in 3.0.
  • The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.
  • The types "Elite" and "Ultimate" will remain but the current Comms you have will become Basic.
  • Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations remain untouched.

Here are the conversion rates for all Commendations.

• 2 Classic Commendations = 1 Basic Commendation
  • 1 Basic Commendation = 1 Basic Commendation
  • 1 Elite Commendation = 2 Basic Commendations
  • 1 Planetary Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations
  • 1 Ultimate Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

The Basic Commendation cap will remain at 1000. However, when the conversions happen we will allow you to go up to 2000 Commendations. Note that until you go below 1000 again, you will be unable to earn any Basic Commendations. This includes if you buy an item and try to refund it. You must go below 1000 before you can earn more.

There ya go folks! All of the details and conversion rates on Basic Comms in 3.0.

-eric

Got love lazy people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.