Stock Night on The Bastion, October 30th

Drakkolich

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man what a blast and a fantastic turn out. Wow did you guys ever focus me hard. :p

I'll have the video of the whole thing up here shortly. I gather from everyones posts I should definitely make this weekly?

Thanks for the really great games everyone.

Man what a blast and a fantastic turn out. Wow did you guys ever focus me hard. :p

I'll have the video of the whole thing up here shortly. I gather from everyones posts I should definitely make this weekly?

Thanks for the really great games everyone.

lol...just speaking for myself - wouldn't say i focused you, though i did get you a couple times. I didn't really get the chance to focus anyone; most of those games i spent running for my life...i mean, as much as a GS can run with zero upgrades. I think BR is on a 15-minute CD or something. At least, it feels that way.

I killed somebody with my zero-upgrade feedback shield. Which might have been my most satisfying moment of the night.

But yeah, weekly would be cool. JC folks: please join in the fun next time, it's entertaining. Hope I represented our server adequately this time, but it'd be nice to have some familiar company.

Edited by MaximilianPower

played half of it with pincer-stock then half with flankenstein (both all stock) had a freakin blast, much better turnout this time. had a couple games where it was almost all -stock pilots. Played probably 6 games and every single one was close. Kudos, and thanks for the matches all. Edited by DamascusAdontise

Put one up for next week, but don't say weekly until there's a lot of interest each week. You haven't hosted a stock night for MONTHS, so I would imagine interest would be peak.

Yep that sounds like a good idea, see how many return next week and take it from there.

Wish I could have stayed for more matches, but I really enjoyed the ones I was in. It's a whole different set of challenges than than normal matches present. It was great to see such a turnout of excellent players from many different servers, kind of like the GSF olympics with competitors from far and wide! I look forward to more. Thanks for organizing it again!

- Despon

Really great time. Lots of nice, crazy flying.:D This should be a weekly event. I think it should be set up on weekend once in awhile so that player who are busy on weekday might be able to enjoy this as well.

I think I heard the longest continuos laser firing sound tonight.:D

Why your missile can always land on me no matter what I play, Tune?:p

Here you go guys the full 3 hours stream video. It will be up there for the next 2 weeks, if anyone wants me to keep it forever let me know and I'll save it.

Enjoy, you get to watch me die .... a lot. :)

We had a lot of people in mumble so it gets pretty jumbled and/or frustrating at time, sorry about that. I'll try to keep it more entertaining next time.

Edited by Drakkolich

I just finished watching the stock night stream. The matches seemed even more epic than I remember them, but it's a little freaky to see my name in red font pop up on your HUD. I take it the strident one in the background is Verain? :p

Imagine if we had cross server for gsf - we could have matches like this ALL THE TIME.

I just finished watching the stock night stream. The matches seemed even more epic than I remember them, but it's a little freaky to see my name in red font pop up on your HUD. I take it the strident one in the background is Verain? :p

Imagine if we had cross server for gsf - we could have matches like this ALL THE TIME.

It's hard to figure out who you mean by the word strident, um if you give me a time stamp and ask me whose talking I could let you know?

The loudest one! I'm guessing he was the one yelling at zaskar to get back to A on one of the mesas dom matches :p Highly entertaining mumble commentary btw.

EDIT: I'm listening to some of it again, and I got to the "How do you almost have it with seven people on the node?" moment. Priceless...

Edited by Fractalsponge

It's hard to figure out who you mean by the word strident, um if you give me a time stamp and ask me whose talking I could let you know?

It may mean "very high pitched", if that's actually a french word that slipped into the sentence.

EDIT : Ah, answered.

Edited by Altheran

The loudest one! I'm guessing he was the one yelling at zaskar to get back to A on one of the mesas dom matches :p Highly entertaining mumble commentary btw.

EDIT: I'm listening to some of it again, and I got to the "How do you almost have it with seven people on the node?" moment. Priceless...

I do that all the time too, to make more metals for recapping the sat. That time however I was tunneled by *$#@%@ scrab and Yallia.

The loudest one! I'm guessing he was the one yelling at zaskar to get back to A on one of the mesas dom matches

I did say something like that on a dom, so that was probably me. The bulk of the matches last night had Zaskar, Drako, and me talking a decent amount- our fourth was from another server and not in mumble, and in between matches there were more people talking.