PSA: Human hair styles 1 stealth patched to apply to aliens.

ghoul_drool

Not gonna lie, I'm awaiting the pink pigtails for my dark side chiss marauder. That level of ******ery can't be comprehended by most people.

you can get the pigtails now, it's the other hairstyles that don't work...they should though because they work perfectly fine in the preview on all the other species lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring at sidefrowning. I unlocked the "long hair" pack because I saw the preview on my Miraluka at the appearance station and I deduced that meant I could use it. Nope.

:(

I wish I could refund it because I never plan on making a human. Oh well buyer beware it seems (even though the appearance station lied).

Edited by Sardoni

I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring at sidefrowning. I unlocked the "long hair" pack because I saw the preview on my Miraluka at the appearance station and I deduced that meant I could use it. Nope.

I wish I could refund it because I never plan on making a human. Oh well buyer beware it seems (even though the appearance station lied).

Preview is notorious for being a bit inaccurate.

---->> Tool Tips on Items: use them. They tell you what your actual constraints are. ;)

Now.. if you find a tool tip on an item to be incorrect.. bug report it and request a replacement (which you can resell) or a refund.

Edited by Andryah

I would call customer service and demand a refund. If you unlock it from the station do you even see the item?

They need to either fix the preview or make them available!

I would call customer service and demand a refund. If you unlock it from the station do you even see the item?

They need to either fix the preview or make them available!

I'm sure you are aware that there are many items you can preview in the preview pane, yet CANNOT equip, yes? Also, you can purchase items regardless if your character can equip them or not.

Fixing preview is NOT the answer.

Reading the tool tip for the item is the answer. Now.. if the tool tip is incorrect.. then yes, bug report and request a refund.

Edited by Andryah

That's one of those bugs that would probably of gotten fixed already because of how misleading it would be. It's obvious the hairstyles are applicable to all the species that share the head's and hairstyles that humans have. So....They would be really dumb to just pretend otherwise. People have been complaining about it being human exclusive for a really long time so this is a perfect opportunity to just make it applicable to all appropriate species.

I'm sure you are aware that there are many items you can preview in the preview pane, yet CANNOT equip, yes? Also, you can purchase items regardless if your character can equip them or not.

Fixing preview is NOT the answer.

Reading the tool tip for the item is the answer. Now.. if the tool tip is incorrect.. then yes, bug report and request a refund.

Wow. You don't even know what people are talking about. It's not about the equipment preview. Maybe you should learn what the issue is before you comment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

100% the same for me. Lets push this topic, cause it really needs to be available for all races!

• 2 months later...

I noticed that in 3.1.2, this was included:

Bright Yellow and Vibrant Green Eyes are now available for Cyborgs.

So, I retain some small sliver of hope that the existing human-only hair styles and colors will eventually be made available for Cyborgs at the very least (though hopefully also for Chiss, Mirialan, etc).

Still wishing for that pretty long style for my Cyborg! It looks so good on her. :(

• 5 months later...

Well even if it's just a preview if it has appeared in that form hopefully it means they are going to put it in properly soon :D

Now if only they would do the same for the human hair colours too! I want green hair for my Chiss! :p (if Chiss can have pink then they should be able to have other weird colours!)

• 1 month later...
Well even if it's just a preview if it has appeared in that form hopefully it means they are going to put it in properly soon.

That's what I thought too, but that bug in the appearance designer UI is still there after what? Almost two years?

C'mon Bioware. Everyone wants this, and most would be willing to pay a little extra for it. Make it happen!