Things Veteran Players Wish Newbs Knew

Dras_Keto

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, apparently if I respond to people talking directly to me in my own thread, Im some kind of "tryhard." Good for you, I suppose.

Oh, and by the way, if youre trying to kill the thread, posting in it is not a particularly effective way to go about doing it.

Say something, I dare you.

Nope not at all I was referring to bumping your own thread two days in a row just to keep it alive...

And you reply only to tell those it's your way or the highway. You've been called more times then not on that front. Go back and re-read your 200+ post attacking those who say this is not a very good thread.

... maybe if your posts had an ounce of merit, they wouldnt attract negative attention.

In other news, your double standards are rather interesting. First, Im a tryhard for posting in my own thread. Now, Im an angry aggressor for defending myself when someone else decides to attack me....

Whats next?

... maybe if your posts had an ounce of merit, they wouldnt attract negative attention.

In other news, your double standards are rather interesting. First, Im a tryhard for posting in my own thread. Now, Im an angry aggressor for defending myself when someone else decides to attack me....

Whats next?

Tryhard yes because you bumped it not two but three times, that's trying way to hard to keep a thread alive. I know you think you are always right and never wrong but in this case my point has total merit. Go back a read your post. I know there are 100s of them in this one thread. But it wasn't two days you attempted to bump your own thread it was three. 10/31/14, 11/1/14 and 11/2/14.

You dont defend you tell them you are perfect and they are insane for not agreeing with you 100%.

So, not even three quarters of one percent of the posts in this thread are, by your definition, bumps. .... And thats trying hard.

You know whats really "trying hard?" Combing through nearly 50 pages of a thread to find three measly pieces of "evidence."

But really, keep at it.

So, not even three quarters of one percent of the posts in this thread are, by your definition, bumps. .... And thats trying hard.

You know whats really "trying hard?" Combing through nearly 50 pages of a thread to find three measly pieces of "evidence."

But really, keep at it.

Lol I had to go back THREE PAGES to find those three! Hey but you are perfect and always right...right? And those who don't agree are insane right?

A little life lesson before I ignore you...you will NOT always be right. I know in your little bubble you live in it way seem that way but in the real world that's not how things work. It will be a rude awakening for you once you step outside your bubble that's for sure...

You keep bumping your thread if that's what you need to resort to when people get sick of listening to you proclaim you are the most perfect video gamer to ever exist (at least in your little bubble you live in).

Really little buddy? Sure is amazing I can't post in one tread without you running your mouth...again thanks for proving my point about you.

Well that's ironic...

It's like I'm out shopping for something electronic, and in every store I go into, there's this same guy standing in the TV section screaming "Look at all these idiots who don't like the price of new TVs, look at all these morons who want different features than are offered! Stop crying and buy the TVs they have, you little babies!"

And at the third or fourth store, he gives me the dirty eyeball and runs over and screams "WHY ARE YOU STALKING ME YOU FREAK!"

:rolleyes:

Anyway, to keep this thing vaguely topical -- new players, don't send blind invites to someone who is in combat.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Anyway, to keep this thing vaguely topical -- new players, don't send blind invites to someone who is in combat.

On a previous MMO I played on, I had started to autoclick decline and then ignore this happened so often. And then I would die and need to red at a faraway located red point.

I also think people should stop ninja invites for groups/guilds/whatever without even whispering first.

I think it would have been nice if they was some sort of system to defer those kinds of invites/requests while youre in combat similar to the way its done with quests/companion missions. It just pops up a small, blinking, but unobtrusive button somewhere to let you know its there but not interfere with anything.

Some times it gets bad enough that I just default to ignoring people instantly if they send an invite.

I think it would have been nice if they was some sort of system to defer those kinds of invites/requests while youre in combat similar to the way its done with quests/companion missions. It just pops up a small, blinking, but unobtrusive button somewhere to let you know its there but not interfere with anything.

Some times it gets bad enough that I just default to ignoring people instantly if they send an invite.

I once got ninja group invited, and apparently accepted, while looking through my achievements.

At the time I was a relative newbie, so I freaked and wasn't sure how to leave a group, and hit alt+F4. Little overreactive, but it still bothered me that I hadn't so much as even gotten a "Hey, wanna join my group?"

After seeing a ton of mercs in the wrong cell/stance over the past few nights of pvp... tiny update to BH/Trooper section.

It's not that bad compared to level 45 Infiltration Shadow

in Combat Technique.

Edited by Halinalle

It's not that bad compared to level 45 Infiltration Shadow

in Combat Technique.

Ive done that a few times in arenas while sub-55. Since the infiltration tactics buff wasnt tied to Shadow Technique it worked decently well (IE, won the matches).

"But but but high velocity cylinder doesn't do any dmg!!1!1 Plasma cylinder does!"

:rak_03:

Mostly the responses consisted of "I know what Im doing, you dont." And then at the end theyd have something like 70k damage done. Or, next match would be imp v. imp and they would be trash talking in general pre-match and end up getting totally stomped. As an aside, Smash is wonderfully satisfying for those situations.

That and its hilarious to watch them overheat constantly cause all of their regen is tied into the stance they arent using.

Couple people did respond with "Oh, woops, thanks." That was nice to see.

This thread sounds a lot like the person I hate to group with: They tell you how to play YOUR character class, tell you what spells you are supposed to use and what not to use instead of minding their own business and playing their own class the way they want!

i.e. YOUR opinion and playing style is not the alpha and omega of how to play a character! Some people like to be individualists instead of cookie cutter people. Read this and weep wise guys!

This thread sounds a lot like the person I hate to group with: They tell you how to play YOUR character class, tell you what spells you are supposed to use and what not to use instead of minding their own business and playing their own class the way they want!

i.e. YOUR opinion and playing style is not the alpha and omega of how to play a character! Some people like to be individualists instead of cookie cutter people. Read this and weep wise guys!

this is not a completely player driven class system. There is an optimal way of playing each spec. If you don't care and acknowledge that you wish to suck on purpose then that is fine. But do not rag on people who are taking the time to let people know how to play well.

This thread is advice. Yes, the OP words it like a min-maxer who despises any other system, but if you don't like the advice, don't take it. My Merc uses her darts still, why? Because I use it to push things over cliffs or I'm running solo and everything else is too AoE or on cool down.

My Sorc uses Crushing Darkness and the like from time to time to apply DoTs for kicks. Play how you like, and take advice or not if you'd like.