The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rift Early Access and why SW:TOR cant let us all in

PierceSuperman

Everyone is saying how great rift was at release with their 5 hour queues, but hey EVERYONE got in!!!!!

Here you go

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40601/USA/

51,586 pre-orders

Now here is SW:TOR preorder #s by August 6th.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40762/USA/

203,931 pre-orders

By the way were are at 940,000+ now that are trying to play early access.

Give Bioware a break guys, seriously. They have already let in more than twice what Rift did and they dont have huge queue times. Like it or not, this is much better than having close to 1 million people all login at the same time.

Everyone is saying how great rift was at release with their 5 hour queues, but hey EVERYONE got in!!!!!

Here you go

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40601/USA/

51,586 pre-orders

Now here is SW:TOR preorder #s by August 6th.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40762/USA/

203,931 pre-orders

By the way were are at 940,000+ now that are trying to play early access.

Give Bioware a break guys, seriously. They have already let in more than twice what Rift did and they dont have huge queue times. Like it or not, this is much better than having close to 1 million people all login at the same time.

RIFT also didn't have 100+ servers or whatever the hell it is lined up for release that could drastically reduce the chances of a queue time.

the links are right there... where are you getting this 300k number from? and regardless there were HOURS of q times...

I remember I logged in with a few guildies that were gonna level together, i clicked the wrong server, went back to server selection to get to the right one and I was in a 3 hour queue while my friends were in game.

also I'm talkin rift EARLY ACCESS not launch day.

Rift had an incredibly smooth head start and launch. Not a single server crashed, and I had no lag ever. You can believe that or not but its the truth.

Were there queues? Yes of course, but you know what? I'm pretty sure no one sat in a queue lasting several days.

You can try to sugar coat the rolling headstart as a way to reduce queues, but the TRUTH is you are sitting in a queue right now. A queue that may last days depending on your code date.

I much preferred how Rift handled things, and while I eventually left Rift because they destroyed the game post-launch, I still think they did a darned good job at launching it.

people baseing numbers for other games with box copys people forget we live in the digital age now cheap so downloaded then to buy a box god even UO had a high pop at day 1 and base game ever that i played still have yet to see 1 mmo come close to the Ultima days

Are you speaking English?

Please try again

Here's the most recent week for SWTOR that puts them at the 940k number everyone is talking about: http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40895/USA/

As for RIFT, they didn't reach 1 million until several months after launch (August I think) and right now I think have less than that. They only had 33 servers when it first came out compared to the 100 or so that we have here?

You simply can't compare the two launches at all.

no one bought a box for rift, I was in the launch and early access, Rift hit 1 million pretty damned quick. Please know what the hell you are talking about before posting.

Same is true with Star Wars. IN the beta forums they had a few polls on the number of digital to retail was crazy. I expect the numbers will be just crazy for swtor for launch.

USA Pre-Order Chart

The most pre-ordered games in the USA ranked by unit sales

< Week Ending 10th Dec 2011 >

Pos Name Platform Weeks to Launch Weekly Change Total

1 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 2 22,868 939,358

USA only as well. Have to confirm the boxed thing on their site.

no one bought a box for rift, I was in the launch and early access, Rift hit 1 million pretty damned quick. Please know what the hell you are talking about before posting.

Nope! They hit the one million sold-through mark in like June. And they never had one million active subs at the same time. Link

Nope! They hit the one million sold-through mark in like June. And they never had one million active subs at the same time. Link

Thanks to you sir for having a link instead of just quoting. Now if only everyone who made a statement on these forums had to provide where they got their info and from a decent site mind you. These forums would be a different place.

Have to also consider that those numbers are only counting the hard copies. Not digital pre-orders.

indeed...over 900,000 hard copy pre-orders. Then add the digital ones... I mean, I don't think I've seen another mmo in the past 4~5 years get that many pre-orders.

Really, how is it a surprise that early access is a bit slow, when this game has more pre-orders than most other mmo's have in total active subs?