The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add an "unlock" for unlimited credit cap.

Loadsamunny

Most of the unlockables in-game can either be bought with cartel coins, or traded through the GTN for credits. Why not add an "unlock", "authorization," or "pass" to lift a characters credit cap. Charge a specific amount of cartel coins to permanently lift a characters credit cap, or more coins to lift the credit cap account-wide.

That would be incredibly stupid of Bioware if they did that. They would lose so much sub money. A unlimited credit cap virtually eliminates most of the hurdles of a ftp account. With enough credits, you can everything a sub can do, without paying a dime.

I find it funny that a lot of people say they can't afford to sub, and instead spend hundres of dollars on cartel coins instead.. heh.

People make poor decisions, what can you do?

The idea of being "stuck" or "commited" to a sub is too hard for most people to absorb... But they'll pay one time for a hundred things.

Look at all the "free" apps... With a million and one in-app purchases... It is crazy that people will pay over and over for the same thing. I'd rather pay $5-10 for the app and just own it. Bejeweled is a good example, as is Peggle, I'm happy to pay for both, because I can then play them as much as I want. Frozen Free Fall is a nice game, but the constant "spend money, spend money, spend money" nonsense is annoying. I'd be happy to pay $5 or $10 to just remove the stupid life counter.

Some things should only be available to subscribers. If not, then there would be no incentive to be a subscriber.

I agree with this 1000%. Champions Online kept whittling away at what made a subscriber "unique" over a non-subscriber, and it got to the point where the only advantages subscribers had over anyone else were completely free power selection, and the ability to assign individual color powers. Last I checked, even one of these benefits - the completely free power selection - had some form of "non-subscriber" option open to it. Thus, why subscribe when you can literally buy everything a subscriber could get for one flat price?

Some things need to stay subscriber-only perks. Yeah, it sucks for those who don't / can't subscribe, but it's a necessary evil. If they remove these things, these draws to be a subscriber, then why would anyone subscribe?