transfer equipment

Ken_P

Not if it's bound (the tooltip will say if it's bound). If it's not bound, or bound to legacy, you absolutely can. But if it is bound to your character, it stays bound and you cannot transfer it between characters (you can sell it if you don't need it, however).

Not if it's bound (the tooltip will say if it's bound). If it's not bound, or bound to legacy, you absolutely can. But if it is bound to your character, it stays bound and you cannot transfer it between characters (you can sell it if you don't need it, however).

yes, you can sell it, but only to an in-game vendor where you must accept the price offered. You can't sell it on the GTN to other players.

so you can't transfer between your own characters?

First replies while technically correct, are so misleading they are just as good as wrong.

On any armorpiece or weapon you can just pull out the armoring/barrel/hilt, the mod and enhancement and put them into a Legacy bound item and send them to any other character with that effectively converting them to legacy bound gear.

The only gear you can't send over like that are earpieces, implants ad relics.

(those can only be sent if crafted items that have never been equipped, but once they are bound to a character they are bound forever)

So again, any gear with mods can be sent.

And what is the Legacy storage for,

crafting materials

Legacy storage is for unbound items you want to have spread among your characters. No, you can't transfer bound items between characters. Unbound you can transfer.

While this is "correct" it is horribly misleading.

The least you could have done is let him know that any gear with mods can be effectively stripped of them, EVEN IF ALREADY BOUND, and you can put them into a legacy bound item and transfer over.

Only items without mods, such implant, earpiece or relic cant be transfered over once bound.

Even purchased items that you have bought for a new character. I accidentally bought the same armor twice for one character

If the purchased items has been bound to your character, you cannot send it over as is. You may send item modifications if there are any. Most items that you've just purchased and never worn, should still be unbound. And if that is the case, you can send them to another character.

Just check the item description to see if it is bound or not.

Edited by Dragondog

And what is the Legacy storage for

crafting materials

Horribly simplistic answer, in a thread rife with "while technically true..."

Short answer: Legacy storage is a common storage area for any item that is either not bound to one character -or- is Bind to Legacy.

Crafting materials are extremely popular for this, because any toon in your Legacy can draw from it just as they would their Inventory or personal Cargo Hold, but it can be anything. (For example: although I have two bays of crafting materials, I also have one bay full of unconsumed Decorations, one with Bind to Legacy gear and Reusable Biochem 'consumables', and another with miscellaneous stuff I want all my toons to be able to access whenever they want, like Gree Grey Helix pieces, Rakata Wave Inhibitors to fight Nightmare Pilgrim, etc.)

how do you earn the prefab containers to purchase things for your stronghold

Industrial, Synthetic, and Universal Prefabs can be crafted by Crafters or purchased off the GTN (having been made by Crafters and listed there). Industrial and Synthetic Prefabs only require basic crafting mats to make by a single Crafter type, although only certain Crew Skills can make each of them. Universal Prefabs can be made by any Crew Skill, but their pre-cursors (what they're made from) are also crafted items that have to be made by multiple Crew Skills (I think a minimum of two).

Edited by AlixMV