Draxus 8man NiM - Random Pulls

Is there a way to stop or avoid the random pulls that Draxus does. As it is very annoying that he pulls people and they miss the affliction interrupt. With healers and tanks also missing their interrupts at times due to lack of accuracy. As we are being defeated by a random mechanic rather than human error. So is there anything tips or anything to help us to get past this stage. Thanks Edited by ArsenalJaycen

No, there is not a way to stop it. If you have slinglers in your group, Hunker down will prevent you being pulled. I pop it usually when a new wave starts so it doesn't interrupt what my job is. I dont know about other classes, but they should have an ability like hunker down.

No, there is not a way to stop it. If you have slinglers in your group, Hunker down will prevent you being pulled. I pop it usually when a new wave starts so it doesn't interrupt what my job is. I dont know about other classes, but they should have an ability like hunker down.

PT and Mercs should use hydraulics during their burst on the waves to prevent pull. Force camo technically works as well but there is like 0 possibility of getting that off on a random pull. Generally speaking melee should save their leaps (if they have one) and everyone else should save their gap closers/movement boosts for the possibility of getting pulled so if they are they can get back in time for anything. The room is not particularly large so there really isn't any reason to miss an interrupt due to distance unless you are a jogging PT without hydraulics.

Finally if you are actually concerned about tank/heals interrupts missing, you can use Accuracy adrenals on the most important phases to prevent missing.

Edited by DuEldrvarya

you can also use hydraulic overrides/hold the line to stop it, or use force speed/phase walk, rolls, and jumps to get back to the adds. Draxus always pulls right after he throws his grenade, which is right after his suppressive fire, so having your tank call out every grenade lets the healers get ready to cleanse and lets everyone know a pull is imminent.

There are only two Phases in the fight where there are both Corruptors and Draxus present at the same time.

• Phase 5: Double Corruptors at the back of the room
  • Phase 9: Last phase with a single Corruptor at the back of the room.

You should assign members of your team who are playing Classes that are able to prevent Draxus' Grapple mechanic to perform any vital Mass Affliction interrupts during the above two phases:

• Snipers: Entrench
  • Mercenaries: Hydraulic Override
  • Powertechs: Hydraulic Override

To compensate for the chance that Tanks and Healers will miss their interrupts, they should be assigned as few interrupt responsibilities as possible. For example, with our guild's strategy for Draxus, Tanks perform no interrupts during the fight and the Healers only perform one interrupt each. Both Healers pop an Accuracy adrenal before performing their interrupts to ensure that their Accuracy is greater that 100%, and therefore they never miss.

We are running :

Tanks - Jugg and PT

Melee DPS - 2x Mara (2x Ani)

Ranged DPS - 1x Madness Sorc and 1x MM Sniper

Healers - Op and Sorc

Any tips?

For one have at least one mara swap to smash. For the mara's (this sucks for anni but it doesnt matter for smash so another reason not to play anni) save your leap for if you get pulled. For the sorc, if you do get pulled apply some afflictions under the shield while running back since they don't tick right away anyways. A mm sniper always has entrench up for those two phases so use it. Also for the sorc this is one of the few fights where taking movement boost during polarity shift is kinda nice, because if you get pulled while using polarity shift (which can be used on both waves that need draxus pushes) then you can get back even faster. (also you can apply dots on draxus himself if you get pulled for better results overall)

Have the MDPS get the first int's with the rdps on backup incase a melee gets pulled. If a ranged gets pulled they can still use their int's before the cast goes off.

As far as tanking goes the Jugg has a significant advantage over a pt in being the offtank, because not only will they do much much better dps but they also can aoe saber reflect adds numerous times for much dps and less damage taken by raid. The only reason to have a pt offtank is the ability to hydraulic override in case of a pull.

If a MA gets off, it should not be raid wiping honestly. The sniper and op can evasion and the sorcs can bubble, 4 dots is relatively little damage now.

If you feel confident in your healers there is no reason during phase 5 (two corrupters in back with draxus down) why a healer (op recommended) cant go to the back and help dps down the back while the other healer keeps the tank up considering that while the back is alive it is unlikely anyone else can be healed anyways. (this also holds for some other phases as well with lots of bulwarks)

Edited by DuEldrvarya

We still have draxus around 40% when wave 5 is ending and wave 6 starts. Any tips?

Have one of your tanks respec to DPS. Of course there are some who whine that this strategy is possible, but the fact of the matter is it's a one-tank fight. You can waste a player by having 2 tanks, or you can use a good strategy and have the off-tank do something useful by going full DPS.

Edited by Kryand

We still have draxus around 40% when wave 5 is ending and wave 6 starts. Any tips?

You have two options here:

1. Use two tanks for the fight and keep Draxus down during the transition from Phase 5 to Phase 6.
  2. Use one tank with five DPS and push Draxus to 29% HP by the end of Phase 5 to get rid of him.

Both strategies can be used to clear the fight. The two tank approach requires a number of acrobatics to be performed in Phase 6, as you still have the boss down and now there's two Dismantlers to deal with. There is also more damage going out with Draxus staying up for most of an extra phase. However, I know of two guilds on my server who cleared this fight within the first day that it was released using the two tank approach.

The one tank approach is generally more practical as there are only two mechanics in the entire fight that even suggest that a second tank would be helpful; Dismantlers and Guardians of the Fortress. Apart from those mobs, your off-tank acts like a DPS the rest of the time, so why not just have them respect to full DPS and use their single taunt to do some add management when required?

If your team goes with the one tank approach, the tank that respecs to DPS needs to actually be good at DPS. You can't have them in tank gear and a DPS spec and hope to clear the fight. They need a full set of 180 DPS gear, as close to min/maxed as possible. Your results may vary depending on the skill of your four main DPS members.

The roadblock that you will experience with the one tank strategy is actually being able to push Draxus to 29% by the time Phase 5 ends. The Phase 5/6 transition is the major DPS check of the entire fight. The entire purpose of the one tank strategy is to push Draxus back up by the end of Phase 5 so that Phase 6 proceeds cleanly. Your healers should also be contributing as much DPS as they can afford to in Phase 5.

Here is a

(with nightmare power on) using the one tank strategy.

For the pull thing. What has mentioned before, just call it out a few secs before so everyone can prepare for it. What I do in this fight while tanking Draxus is wait till he has pulled before i taunt him back. So sometimes I, as the bosstank, get pulled instead of some dps.

Also 5 dps/one tank is just lazy dps. But that's just my 2 cent:cool:

For the pull thing. What has mentioned before, just call it out a few secs before so everyone can prepare for it. What I do in this fight while tanking Draxus is wait till he has pulled before i taunt him back. So sometimes I, as the bosstank, get pulled instead of some dps.

Also 5 dps/one tank is just lazy dps. But that's just my 2 cent:cool:

Why take 9 minutes to do what you can do in 7? :p

I've done this fight with and without buff multiple times and never had a problem there, dps wise.

Also I'm pretty sure that respeccing, changing gear and setting your skills up on your quickbar twice sums up to at least 2 mins, so why bother if you have the required dps with four people?:cool:

I've done this fight with and without buff multiple times and never had a problem there, dps wise.

Also I'm pretty sure that respeccing, changing gear and setting your skills up on your quickbar twice sums up to at least 2 mins, so why bother if you have the required dps with four people?:cool:

Well everyone always goes all left @ the puzzle before hand, so the tank who respecs usually does it while he's standing around.

and you dont need all 8 people awake for the trash before grob'thok (we usually have half the raid dicking around there anyway and still get it done pretty quickly)

Edited by TACeMossie

Well everyone always goes all left @ the puzzle before hand, so the tank who respecs usually does it while he's standing around.

Yeah I know. Just call me lazy then;)

and you dont need all 8 people awake for the trash before grob'thok (we usually have half the raid dicking around there anyway and still get it done pretty quickly)

In our raidgroup we're usually all busy trying to kill each other with exploding droids. I don't want to miss out on that fun:D

You have two options here:

1. Use two tanks for the fight and keep Draxus down during the transition from Phase 5 to Phase 6.
  2. Use one tank with five DPS and push Draxus to 29% HP by the end of Phase 5 to get rid of him.

Or your dps can not be bad and can push the boss with 4 dps. Not challenging really. Esp if healers are contributing as they honestly should be since there is so little to heal in that fight.

Edited by DuEldrvarya

Furthermore, interrupts cannot miss unlike some peple have implied here.

As an 8m group, wave 5 has a simple assignment spread. 1 tank is on the boss, 2 dps get the Bulwarks from left and right. That leaves 5 people (1 tank/dps, 2 healers, 2 dps) on the south party. Healers can be left to be backup interrupters so that they can heal the main tank and themselves (since everyone else is under a shield). If you have the tank/dps on one target, and the two dps on the other, the two dps can kill their Corruptor with just one interrupt, while the tank does his interrupt as late as possible, so the other dps can pick the second interrupt on his target. There should not be need for a third interrupt. If anyone of these gets pulled, healers are ready to do their interrupt on a basis you can agree on. Operatives need to be a bit closer with a 10m interrupt, but Mercs and Sorcs can do theirs from 30 meters, so it's not a hassle.

Or you can have the healers dps the Corruptors as well to lessen the dps check - the maintank can easily survive on hots and cooldowns for the short period.

If you still need more dps on the Corruptors the two dps that take care of the Bulwarks can help out. If you have Assassins, they can Phase Walk to the Bulwarks after their interrupt, and Warriors can quite easily leap there. If you have none of these 3 AC's, you're a bit out of luck. :p

My group does this with one tank with the following composition:

-1 Assassin tank

-2 Madness Assassins

-2 Marauders (2x Annihilation or Annihilation+Rage)

-1 Lightning Sorcerer

-1 Sorcerer healer

-1 Operative healer

What we do is the other Assassin DPS goes straight to the left Bulwark. I go south (the other Assassin DPS) interrupt the other Corruptor at ~4 seconds, throw my Deathfield and a little DPS in the meanwhile and then Phase Walk to the right Bulwark. The other Marauder gets the other interrupt on my target if needed, and the other healer is in reserve to pick the slack if someone is pulled. The other Corruptor is done in the order: Mara, Sorc, healer in reserve. The Assassins leave one Dispatcher alive on both sides and then go to the boss, while the southparty kills everything there and then on to the boss. Some of our DPS are still struggling with optimal rotations and how to apply that with raid awareness and good execution of short DPS phases, so we push Draxus up at about the moment when the sixth wave comes, maybe a few seconds late.

The transition can be messy for some groups, so be sure everyone knows what they need to do the exact moment the sixth wave spawns, even if Draxus and some adds are still up. Someone needs to keep the Despoiler in check (1 dps is enough), while 2 people are needed for the Corruptor and Bulwark. All the while someone needs to handle the two Dismantlers and if you still have Draxus on the field, the execution here has to be very precise.

But practice is all it takes - good luck for your group on future pulls. :)

Why take 9 minutes to do what you can do in 7? :p

Not sure where you take the 9 minutes from mate, my last kill there was 06:21 with 4 dps.

As for the OP, I think even if one tank respecs it will be tight because 40% is way too high. You can try leaving 1 more despoiler alive to do a bit more but the best fix would be if your dps try harder.

Not sure where you take the 9 minutes from mate, my last kill there was 06:21 with 4 dps.

As for the OP, I think even if one tank respecs it will be tight because 40% is way too high. You can try leaving 1 more despoiler alive to do a bit more but the best fix would be if your dps try harder.

Eh I was just going by my raid group taking about that long with 5dps, so I turned a DPS into a tank and adjusted time accordingly.

So in your case, why do in 6:30 what you can do in 5:30? :p

Furthermore, interrupts cannot miss unlike some peple have implied here.

Personally, on my sorc healer I have probably interrupted a Corrupter over 100 times and have never missed, but I have heard from many people that they have missed interrupts. I can't say for sure what happened, but combine that with the fact that the developers themselves stated that healers and tanks are supposed to miss their interrupts, and I'm not exactly sure why you think it's impossible for them to miss.

I've done draxus with/without buff many many times on sorc heal and op heal

I've never missed on the op, but I have missed once out of probably 20-25 kills on sorc, I didnt get a message or anything it just didnt interrupt the channel and the ability was on cooldown.

I've also missed on sap's on my operative a few times on the interrogators in DP out of combat.

Im not sure missed is the right term, but it happens.

I've also missed on sap's on my operative a few times on the interrogators in DP out of combat.

That is normal, since Sleeping Dart or whatever-it-is-called is affected by Accuracy. Debitilate can also be resisted, for example.

But if it truly is the case that interrupts can miss, then I'm sorry for my arrogant statement, I thought I knew otherwise. :p Still, I have never missed an interrupt on any class or spec.