Dear BioWare: Females of the Species Do Exist

DomiSotto

The BioWare fan community richly deserves the lambasting it gets from other gaming communities. Holy hell, what a fatuous topic to last this many pages.

Trust me, other game forums have equally retarded topics that last for just as long and usually much longer.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crow. Sorry, sorry, sorry folks!

I know it is wiser and more mature to say it doesn't matter, but today something about it got to me. I apologize for sour-grapes.

I was wrong and blew it out of proportions. I am also glad people stuck up for BioWARE, it's nice.

The only thing I am going to object to is attributing criticism of non-Player characters (Satele or Zash, etc) to me; it was not the intent. I meant the Protagonist and the Protagonist only i.e. the Player Character portrayal in that article about the classes and class stories.

I wish I had a chance to apologize before it dragged people into 10+ pages of old-fashioned flamefest, and I am particularly sorry to anyone who got the collateral damage by association.

Holy crow. Sorry, sorry, sorry folks!

I know it is wiser and more mature to say it doesn't matter, but today something about it got to me. I apologize for sour-grapes.

I was wrong and blew it out of proportions. I am also glad people stuck up for BioWARE, it's nice.

I can almost guess what it is.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

FemShep forever! . ManShep= pure suckage.

Anyone who say Jennifer Hale did not give more life to the role (voiceacting and emotion) is obviously misogynistic.

Together with the best game couple ever FemShep/Garrus (There is no Shepard without Vakarian)

She wins by a landslide

And that that is all i have to say about that.

Edited by Petvin

Together with the best game couple ever FemShep/Garrus (There is no Shepard without Vakarian)

Oh indeed, loved ME2 for finally giving my femShep the option for catching her turian ^_~ (I'm a voice girl, and man what a voice he had...)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Oh indeed, loved ME2 for finally giving my femShep the oprion for catching her turian ^_~ (I'm a voice girl, and man what a voice he had...)

Did you manage to sway him from his calibrations? Or did he start calibrating something else?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Garrus, by his own admission, had plenty of reach. :rak_03:

gosh darn. Now I really need to get my hands on the ME series...

Edit: Holy. Did they censor words like that? Who says "gosh darn" these days?

And the topic got derailed a bit.

Edited by LyraineAlei

Rants like this is why BioWare shares less and less with us as time goes on.

I can't speak for BioWare's practices, but some other game companies make their male sets of art first, then their female sets. The art in the article is very clearly concept art, and its very possible the female concept art isn't available yet, or if they aren't planning on any major gender specific change (things like shoulderless or sleeveless tops, or exposed midriffs), they might not even make female versions of the concept art, and instead the art shown will just be applied to the female model.

I wouldn't be surprised if after this rant we don't get concept art previews again, its not worth the bad blood.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.